mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I finally got my car a few days ago, so I'm still learning my way around all the controls.

I had a couple questions about the 360° surround view camera.

1) is there a way to have it turn on automatically when you go below a certain speed? (Like parking). I miss that from my RAV4.

2) my RAV4 had guide lines for where the front and rear wheels would travel with the current turn of the steering wheel.
Sponsored

New2EV

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Charger, Explorer, Chevelle, Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I finally got my car a few days ago, so I'm still learning my way around all the controls.

1) is there a way to have it turn on automatically when you go below a certain speed? (Like parking). I miss that from my RAV4.

2) my RAV4 had guide lines for where the front and rear wheels would travel with the current turn of the steering wheel.
1) Not that I'm aware of, the camera comes on if you get close to something, like a parking block. But I find it's a little late for my liking. There is a setting to keep the cameras on after shifting from reverse to drive until you reach a certain speed. That helps for lining up in a parking spot.

2)I think it only shows lines for the rear wheels. Or maybe estimated sides of the vehicle.

There's always hope a future OTA will improve functions......

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

If you place it in Reverse, then back into drive, the camera will stay as long as you are moving slowly.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
You can turn on the camera through two "clicks" of the menu. It's not perfect, but that's what I do when I pull into my driveway. Or you can shift into R and then D quickly to pull it up if you turn on the delay to keep it active as mentioned. Hopefully there's more customization options in the future.

Last edited:

DZign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
one with wheels
Country flag
Good suggestions and I also miss that I can't quickly pull up the camera from the screen.
I now push the auto park button on the cebter console and from there use the camera.

Also find it goes away too quickly, maybe they can make a setting for it.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I thought I would hate having the front camera come on all the time at low speeds in my wife's RAV4 Prime. But now I actually love that feature, and it makes me wish it was an option in my MME.
Sponsored