awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just to clarify, the 360 camera is not on a 90-day trail. It is just the Bluecruise that will end. After 90 days the camera will still work.
Pretty strange wording in the screenshot from OP if that's the case.
Sponsored

daverp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4, MME Premium (On order)
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Just to clarify, the 360 camera is not on a 90-day trail. It is just the Bluecruise that will end. After 90 days the camera will still work.
That is contradictory to what Ford has published on their site.

It's one singular feature Ford BlueCruise. The BlueCruise feature includes the 360 camera.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 360 camera subscription on 2023 Select 1662645010911

$1900 you get BlueCruise 1.2 with the 360 degree camera. There is no option to keep just the camera and there is no option to get BlueCruise without the camera. It's one item. Take it all or leave it all.

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
To my understanding, if you change the trim level, you are no longer protected by price protection/private offer, I could be wrong but that's what my dealer told me when I tried to change my premium to GT 3 weeks ago.
so i talked to Ford corporate multiple times on this and they said the details have not yet been divulged so dealers are guessing. But it does not matter for me since the 2023 Select without C/T is not even a car I would purchase regardless of price protection

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
That is contradictory to what Ford has published on their site.

It's one singular feature Ford BlueCruise. The BlueCruise feature includes the 360 camera.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 360 camera subscription on 2023 Select 1662645010911

$1900 you get BlueCruise 1.2 with the 360 degree camera. There is no option to keep just the camera and there is no option to get BlueCruise without the camera. It's one item. Take it all or leave it all.
Ok but what I am telling you is when the bluecruise deactivates the camera will still function. Yes, they are packaged together but the 360 camera is not a subscription feature and will always work.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Pretty strange wording in the screenshot from OP if that's the case.
Oh no 100% its weird why they would work it like that. Basically Ford is just saying you cannot get one without the other but ,as far as a subscription service, only the Bluecruise applies. The camera will always work even if the Bluecruise is not active on the vehicle.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Ok but what I am telling you is when the bluecruise deactivates the camera will still function. Yes, they are packaged together but the 360 camera is not a subscription feature and will always work.
You may be saying that, but what is your source of that information?

That’s the opposite of what the Ford website says.

It’s possible, but I seriously doubt Ford would give Select buyers the 360 camera for free when they charge everyone else $1900.

If you don’t pay $1900, you don’t get to use the 360 camera or Bluecruise.

The cameras are there, but you have to pay $1900 to activate. And just like every other trim line, it’s a package deal with Bluecruise. Can’t have one without the other.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
You may be saying that, but what is your source of that information?

That’s the opposite of what the Ford website says.

It’s possible, but I seriously doubt Ford would give Select buyers the 360 camera for free when they charge everyone else $1900.

If you don’t pay $1900, you don’t get to use the 360 camera or Bluecruise.

The cameras are there, but you have to pay $1900 to activate. And just like every other trim line, it’s a package deal with Bluecruise. Can’t have one without the other.
Well I work for Ford so I feel like I may be a good source of information. You're not getting the camera for free though. Not sure if you've noticed the significant price increases but thats part of it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I work for Ford so I feel like I may be a good source of information. You're not getting the camera for free though. Not sure if you've noticed the significant price increases but thats part of it.
Work for Ford or a Ford dealership?

You are getting it for free compared to other Trims if you are correct.

Everyone else has to pay $1900, and and select buyers pay $0 if they opt out of Bluecruise?

Everyone else pays $600 for BC, which tells me the camera should be $1300 if it’s separated out.

All trims got price increases.

Sorry, but even if you are correct, that pricing model makes zero sense.

Select- $0 360 camera, $1900 BC

Premium/CR1/GT- $1300 camera, $600 BC

I’m just not thinking that’s true. But if it is…… Ford done messed up.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Work for Ford or a Ford dealership?

You are getting it for free compared to other Trims if you are correct.

Everyone else has to pay $1900, and and select buyers pay $0 if they opt out of Bluecruise?

Everyone else pays $600 for BC, which tells me the camera should be $1300 if it’s separated out.

All trims got price increases.

Sorry, but even if you are correct, that pricing model makes zero sense.

Select- $0 360 camera, $1900 BC

Premium/CR1/GT- $1300 camera, $600 BC

I’m just not thinking that’s true. But if it is…… Ford done messed up.
I work for a Ford dealership with verification from the Ford region rep for Houston if that satisfies you.....Would not be the first time Ford did something that didn't make sense. The 360 camera on the select was built into the base price increase....you're welcome.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I work for a Ford dealership with verification from the Ford region rep for Houston if that satisfies you.....Would not be the first time Ford did something that didn't make sense. The 360 camera on the select was built into the base price increase....you're welcome.
It wouldn’t be the first time that a regional rep or dealer got bad info.

Although it also wouldn’t be the first time the Ford.com website was wrong either.

So we have conflicting info. At the moment, I’ll choose to trust Ford.com but reserve the right to be wrong. What’s posted on Ford.com is consistent with the pricing for all other models.

But if select buyers get a free 360 camera, that’s great for them. I’ve just never heard of a manufacturer giving away “free options.”

Especially not on the base model…… then charging for the free thing in upper models.

I’m sure that the info you’re sharing is what they told you. I just don’t really believe the regional Ford rep at this point. But again….. I reserve the right to be wrong. 😉

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
It wouldn’t be the first time that a regional rep or dealer got bad info.

Although it also wouldn’t be the first time the Ford.com website was wrong either.

So we have conflicting info. At the moment, I’ll choose to trust Ford.com but reserve the right to be wrong. What’s posted on Ford.com is consistent with the pricing for all other models.

But if select buyers get a free 360 camera, that’s great for them. I’ve just never heard of a manufacturer giving away “free options.”

Especially not on the base model…… then charging for the free thing in upper models.

I’m sure that the info you’re sharing is what they told you. I just don’t really believe the regional Ford rep at this point. But again….. I reserve the right to be wrong. 😉
If it makes you feel any better I also called our product trainer for Houston. He is the guy that brings pre-productions out to dealers for product training. When it comes to product knowledge he has no equal and he also verified that the cameras would work.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If it makes you feel any better I also called our product trainer for Houston. He is the guy that brings pre-productions out to dealers for product training. When it comes to product knowledge he has no equal and he also verified that the cameras would work.
It does.

But they both could still be wrong. ;) if they’re right, they should tell Ford to change their website because clearly no one ordering understands it to be this way.

B_Rich

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Country flag
I ordered a 23 select for my daughter, who didn’t want any heated seats, etc. Nobody could tell me the exact $1900 charge details. I reverted to reading it very literal from the website and the order guide. I would love to believe the 360 camera will continue to work. Couldn’t care less about BC. The wording just doesn’t support the 360 camera continuing to work.

7B9F3888-EA33-44C2-AF98-D646E3FA8DB2.jpeg

shark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I'd almost be willing to pay a small fee for the cameras if they would give me a single button click to turn them on, or automatically turn on when they detect I am pulling up to a curb or into a parking spot.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I ordered a 23 select for my daughter, who didn’t want any heated seats, etc. Nobody could tell me the exact $1900 charge details. I reverted to reading it very literal from the website and the order guide. I would love to believe the 360 camera will continue to work. Couldn’t care less about BC. The wording just doesn’t support the 360 camera continuing to work.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 360 camera subscription on 2023 Select 7B9F3888-EA33-44C2-AF98-D646E3FA8DB2
Yup. It spells it out very clearly.

So now who do we believe? The ordering guide and logic (that it wouldn’t be free) or the dealership product training guy who “has no equal” with product knowledge?

Again, either could be wrong. Order guide has been wrong before. But this is something very specific and new. I’m betting they were very careful with the wording.

Examples of previous typos:
Manual seats on GTPE
Brake sizes on GT and GTPE