4/10/23 Build Week Thread for 2023 MME's

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14- Nissan Leaf, 17/20-Bolt, 23-MachE (on order)
Country flag
Are they obligated to show me the Smart VINcent report?
Sponsored

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would like to hear from folks who successfully got the 2K rebate from their dealer. Anything else I can ask. I will ask for the Smart VINcent report, anything else?

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
They have said it is protected for no additional cost for the lifetime of my ownership, so I’m thinking it will be for any number of reapplications as long as I own the car. Still, 1200$ is a lot I feel.
Personally, I agree that it seems like a lot. I typically keep cars 10+ years, and tend not to worry about every little scratch on the car. I'm considering the $697 package from my dealer since it includes window tint on the front which would likely cost me $400 plus extra time to have a 3rd party do it. That decreases the paint protection cost down to effectively $300, and here's what they said about the warranty
The standard coverage included in the fee shown on the proposal is three years with unlimited miles. It can be upgraded to seven years for an additional $225 with unlimited miles. The warranty covers : Exterior - Weather induced fading, Loss of gloss, Hard water etching, Brake dust staining on chrome or alloy wheels, Industrial fallout, Bird droppings, Acid rain, Accidental paint overspray, Tree sap, Oxidation, Water spotting on chrome or alloy wheels, Insects, Road salt, De-icing. Interior - Food / drink stains, Oil based stains, Ultraviolet induced fading, Blood or vomit, Chewing gum, Inks/dyes, Crayons, Pet stains. Claims can be made through any Ford Service Department nationwide with no deductible.

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
This was a post from @illinirdhd on a different thread.

I did mine at the dealer. Well, sort of. I sent my license and insurance to them via email, then they sent me a credit app link. By the time I walked in, they'd already run credit, and had my Ford financing approved, with APR backdated to my 10/2022 order date.

When I went into the link Ford sent to complete the purchase, the $2,000 rebate wasn't listed, and I wasn't sure if I would qualify, but I wanted to ask. So I didn't go further with that. It had been a while since I financed a new car, but they didn't ask for paystubs or anything else - just license and credit app.

I did get the $2k, but my dealer had to look for it. They didn't know about it, and it wasn't listed on whatever they got with my vehicle. Their system also didn't automatically apply my $500 deposit, so they had to add that manually. Luckily, they noticed it - I probably would not have.
@Mach-Lee says to mention code #11044 to get the $2000 bonus cash.
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...lly-seen-what-is-being-done.28027/post-642481

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here we go…

IMG_9304.jpeg

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Looks great! What happened with the rebate?

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks great! What happened with the rebate?
Got the $2K and the $500 also.

Lol my calculations never included state tax, which was almost 5K more. 🤣. And financing, been a while since I got a loan, but DAM those interest rates be HIGH! All in all, I love my car, so it was totally worth it!

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Dealer installed tint is the lowest quality. I'm doing 3rd party installed 3M ceramic for $500. It will reject IR/heat much better than the cheap stuff.

I'd also get ceramic paint coating at a car detailing shop.

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
The Ceramic paint they are offering for 1200$ and he says lifetime coverage of scratches and small dents and also inside spills and minor tears. They did not offer me the extended warranty yet.
I might have taken this deal, as I'm having a hard time breaking up with the car wash. But, it's a CAR, right? It should handle road debris and dust and whatever - I don't get the car wash phobia.

My dealer did add some kind of paint protection, nitrogen in the tires (which I understand is free at Costco), and some kind of tracking. It was like $1,200 total, so I didn't pitch a fit. Other than that, all I added was gap insurance for $900, because I didn't need to put $ down, so I didn't do it. In this economy, I figured I'm better off to have cash reserves!

Last edited:

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
Got the $2K and the $500 also.

Lol my calculations never included state tax, which was almost 5K more. 🤣. And financing, been a while since I got a loan, but DAM those interest rates be HIGH! All in all, I love my car, so it was totally worth it!
Same. It was in the back of my head, but I also thought it included registration. It did not. So that's another $1,000 I'll have the joy of paying next week.

GatorJ_MME

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
It was like $1,200 total, so I didn't pitch a fit.
I pitched a fit mostly because I have been working with them for 8 months and they never once told me about this even though we've talked price multiple times. I'm still debating on the surface care....

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I pitched a fit mostly because I have been working with them for 8 months and they never once told me about this even though we've talked price multiple times. I'm still debating on the surface care....
I don't blame you! And I probably would have, if I hadn't known a guy at the dealership. I told them in advance no tinting or pin stripes or other crap I've seen car dealers do through the years... but I didn't think to add about paint protection or the stupid nitrogen to the list. :rolleyes: The finance guy offered gap coverage and extended warranty, but didn't press, which I certainly appreciated. I was very spoiled having my brother in the car business for years.

Surface care would depend on how long I planned to keep the car, I think. I don't tend to keep mine past 3-4 years. I honestly prefer to trade out of them before the initial warranty is out, much to my husband's displeasure. He would rather drive a car until it's dead. One of a thousand ways we balance each other out!

OP
OP
Sundar

Sundar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I usually keep my car for a longer time. I have been running through leases for my second car, and this was the purchase I made after a VERY long time. Oh well, Its awesome! I drove it last night. The kids loved the "I can see the sky through the roof" thing. ;)

illinirdhd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Premium
Occupation
Legal
Country flag
I usually keep my car for a longer time. I have been running through leases for my second car, and this was the purchase I made after a VERY long time. Oh well, Its awesome! I drove it last night. The kids loved the "I can see the sky through the roof" thing. ;)
YES! I love the glass roof. I ended up putting in a shade though - the sun is just too bright in the summer. I didn't notice that the car was hotter, just that the sun was reflecting off my phone screen and things I put on the passenger seat, and bothering my eyes!
Sponsored