5/16/22 Build Week Adventures

JP93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Mine went from Kansas to Montreal directly
Yeah that map has me a bit worried since what I received tracking through CSX, doesn't match that map at all.

I live in Sault Ste. Marie, ON (border of Michigan) and vehicle was 8 hours south in Toronto 4-5 days ago. Now in Detroit which is 5 hours south of me, but that map shows nothing going through Michigan into Canada.. so not sure why it's going from Toronto back into the US when it was already in my province....
Sponsored

Sam7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer ST 2022
Country flag
Yeah that map has me a bit worried since what I received tracking through CSX, doesn't match that map at all.

I live in Sault Ste. Marie, ON (border of Michigan) and vehicle was 8 hours south in Toronto 4-5 days ago. Now in Detroit which is 5 hours south of me, but that map shows nothing going through Michigan into Canada.. so not sure why it's going from Toronto back into the US when it was already in my province....
They might ship by truck from US because of your locationā€¦ strategically. I ordered an Explorer ST end of 2021 and Ford shipped by truck from Chicago instead of train.

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I'm intrigued, however, I'm not sure that will help advance my efforts to get answers for price protection or if the recall fix has been applied to my car. I already know my dealer isn't being ethical by denying price protection and then not communicating with me. I'm not sure what knowing the dealer is trying to sell it to someone else without me knowing is going to do? How would I even stop them? I would have to get a lawyer involved I would think. I've only expressed my unending desire to get the vehicle to the dealer in every communication I have done with them. Every phone call, and email I end by saying I'm ready to come and buy the car right now.

If they do end up selling it to someone else, I would ask for a refund on the deposit they took, and then go buy a Ioniq 5 or EV6. At that point, I would be done entirely with Ford and I would let Farley and company know.
So I'm not a lawyer, but I buy a shitload of stuff for my company.

Here's what I would do: send a strongly worded email to the general manager and cc Ford customer service (via email or snail mail). Assert your right to the vehicle from the perspective of: 1) you are the rightful end customer to a specially-ordered vehicle, built for you (copy the last communication from Ford to you, and any communication from the dealer at time of order), you invested x months of waiting time + follow-ups, etc. and you put a deposit down for it (consideration is very important).

Indicate your frustration with their lack of responsiveness to your reasonable questions about delivery time, fix of safety recall + anything else you have tried to inquire about (state # times you called, messages you left, etc.).

Demand (don't ask, demand) that they provide you the following information as soon as humanly possible: 1) date of when the recall software update will be done, 2) date when vehicle will be available for delivery, 3) Out the Door pricing that includes and fully reflects: price protection agreed to at time of order, minus $325 active park assist kit and 4) incentive protection (if applicable).

Assert that as the intended customer to this vehicle, you are not releasing it to be sold to another party...and threaten that if the vehicle is sold to anyone but you, you will sue the dealership.

If I were you, I would be on the phone with an attorney right now to get this in writing. A letter from an attorney means much more than a layman like you and I.

Good luck!

astronut325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium, Toyota Camry, Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Software analyst
Country flag

Here's what I would do: send a strongly worded email to the general manager and cc Ford customer service (via email or snail mail). Assert your right to the vehicle from the perspective of: 1) you are the rightful end customer to a specially-ordered vehicle, built for you (copy the last communication from Ford to you, and any communication from the dealer at time of order), you invested x months of waiting time + follow-ups, etc. and you put a deposit down for it (consideration is very important).

Indicate your frustration with their lack of responsiveness to your reasonable questions about delivery time, fix of safety recall + anything else you have tried to inquire about (state # times you called, messages you left, etc.).

Demand (don't ask, demand) that they provide you the following information as soon as humanly possible: 1) date of when the recall software update will be done, 2) date when vehicle will be available for delivery, 3) Out the Door pricing that includes and fully reflects: price protection agreed to at time of order, minus $325 active park assist kit and 4) incentive protection (if applicable).

Assert that as the intended customer to this vehicle, you are not releasing it to be sold to another party...and threaten that if the vehicle is sold to anyone but you, you will sue the dealership.

If I were you, I would be on the phone with an attorney right now to get this in writing. A letter from an attorney means much more than a layman like you and I.

Good luck!
Iā€™m legitimately appreciative of this. I will start looking at lawyers around me. Iā€™ll try to get a letter like you said. Hoping for the best.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM ER AWD California Rt 1 MME (Mike-E)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Iā€™m legitimately appreciative of this. I will start looking at lawyers around me. Iā€™ll try to get a letter like you said. Hoping for the best.
Also report them to the FTC: https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-you-can-and-should-report-shady-dealerships-t-1822508371?

If their advertised "Customer Bill of Rights" that was posted by someone else on here is part of what made you give them your business, you should have a valid claim that they are engaging in false advertising.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Good luck!
Great advice! Clear and effective. I'm no salesperson, but I felt intimidated just reading this as a bystander!

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
Have you tried to contact Mike Levine on Twitter? I would try to get in touch with the GM of the dealership. Offer to give a good survey after if they do the right thing.

Iā€˜m not saying to not get a lawyer. I sell RVs (which a lot of the times have problems) and the second a customer states they are talking to a lawyer, Iā€™m basically not allowed to say anything at that point. Itā€™s a fine line to walk.

JP93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
They might ship by truck from US because of your locationā€¦ strategically. I ordered an Explorer ST end of 2021 and Ford shipped by truck from Chicago instead of train.
Yeah maybe so, but wouldn't calling CSX to track the location not work any longer due to it not being in the rail system any more, but instead on a truck? Not sure.

StillWaitingForMachE

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Successful pickup at Crossroads Ford in Apex/Raleigh area. Price protection honored and she drives like a dream!
I'm jealous of all of you.
My delivery ETA is still July 4 - 10, so hopefully I get my car next week. If it gets to be next Friday without any further news, I might start asking about that form @Sam7 mentioned.
This is not my dealers fault though and I've been happy with them so far!

Goodnight all!

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Have you tried to contact Mike Levine on Twitter? I would try to get in touch with the GM of the dealership. Offer to give a good survey after if they do the right thing.

Iā€˜m not saying to not get a lawyer. I sell RVs (which a lot of the times have problems) and the second a customer states they are talking to a lawyer, Iā€™m basically not allowed to say anything at that point. Itā€™s a fine line to walk.
The issue here is that they already stopped talking to him days ago.

FLmac

First Name
McKenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 premium AWD SR space white
Occupation
RV Sales
Country flag
I'm jealous of all of you.
My delivery ETA is still July 4 - 10, so hopefully I get my car next week. If it gets to be next Friday without any further news, I might start asking about that form @Sam7 mentioned.
This is not my dealers fault though and I've been happy with them so far!

Goodnight all!
At this rate 3 of us have cars at Mullinax Kissimmee that are on the lot and just need the software update, but itā€™s like no one seems to know why the shop wonā€™t just do it. You might get your car before we do!
Sponsored