Farmshock

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Premium AWD
Country flag
Who else with a 7/4 build week still waiting on their vehicle? I am six weeks past the original delivery date, and the date has been moved at least a half dozen times since. Ford has got to figure this piece out. They are making a lot of customers, a lot of them new customers, alienated before they even take delivery of their vehicle.
Sponsored

Farmshock

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Premium AWD
Country flag
Meeeeee! I ordered my MME Cyber Orange 10/31/21. Same build week and I too, keep getting pushed back. Is this because of the truck driver shortage?

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E (Ordered)
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
Meeeeee! I ordered my MME Cyber Orange 10/31/21. Same build week and I too, keep getting pushed back. Is this because of the truck driver shortage?
I am thinking so. My vehicle is 50 miles from the dealership, and has been there for three weeks. Seems like they can't get anyone to put it on a truck and deliver it to the dealer.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
My seventh delivery date window (9/11 to 9/17) passed. Now I have my eighth delivery date window (9/18 to 9/23). It was been stuck 50. miles from the dealership in Birmingham, AL for three weeks. Ford Company can’t tell me what’s going on. Beyond frustrated. It shouldn’t be this hard to get a vehicle that has been built for for over two months.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
Dealer received my MME Select Monday and predicts drive-away Thursday. So about 27 weeks from order to delivery🤞.

It may be coincidence, but tree shaking when tracking data didn't make sense seemed to help move things along.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
Dealer received my MME Select Monday and predicts drive-away Thursday. So about 27 weeks from order to delivery🤞.

It may be coincidence, but tree shaking when tracking data didn't make sense seemed to help move things along.
Well, I did plenty of “tree shaking” and took my issues with the delays to the top of Ford Motor Company. Not sure if it is helping, but it did get me a three year maintenance plan at no cost. It’s been a week since they’ve updated me, and another delay, so I fired off another email today. I’m gonna keep demanding additional compensation for their poor performance until I get my vehicle. What a way to start a new customer relationship.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
My delivery date slipped to 9/23 at some point late last week. In typical Ford fashion, it takes days for them to send an email stating your delivery has been delayed--this happened last night. I check the status online and the date slipped yet again, for the ninth time, through 9/30. The vehicle is in the literal "last mile" for the past three weeks and they can't get it to the dealer?

It makes zero sense to have money tied up in inventory that you can't sell because it is stuck at the last mile of the supply chain.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
A further explanation of my lead up to probably driving my MME home today.

I called Ford to explain why it was VERY important to have it at the dealership before October started. I talked to 3 different people within an hour. I'm leaving out some deal details that complcates the situation.

The first person looked into it but said sorry, they are an independent dealership and we can't help. At the end of my pleading monologue she seemed to disappear from the line, so I hung up.

I called again and spoke with another person who said he would connect me with someone else but it just looped back to the Tell Us Why You're Calling Today message, so I hung up and called again.

Third time is the charm, right? The last women said, Oh, It Arrived At The Dealership Yesterday! I kissed her over the phone and verified that the dealer had it in prep!

So my working theory is the first person had put me on hold to validate the location in the system and discovered it was wrong and changed it to In Prep at the dealership, which is what the last person saw.

That's why I'm a firm believer in shaking the Ford tree.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
After two months of shipping delays, including sitting 50 miles away for one of those months, my vehicle FINALLY arrived at the dealer on Friday. I went by Saturday to hopefully drive home in my new ride. The manager had me take it for a drive and make sure everything was good before I took delivery (deal paperwork had already been completed).

I took the vehicle down the street to inspect it throughly (did not want the pressure of the manager looking over me). I found multiple areas of paint and body issues, two of which I felt were caused by the dealership. Also, the headliner near the driver side door had two smudge streaks (thank you detailers).

I got back to the store and the manager asked how was it, I responded we have several issues. His associate at the desk rolled his eyes, but the manager was very professional. I went over the issues with him and he is going to have them all addressed this week.

I will give the dealership manager credit for his professionalism and high level of customer service. Ford Motor Company, on the other hand, gets a failing grade from me. The whole shipping process and delays in delivery dates (ten delays for me) is completely unacceptable. While I understand Ford is not directly handling this part of the process, they need to have a strong hand with their partners. This part has to be fixed if Ford wants to increase market share of electrification accelerates. I have been in talks with Ford Motor Company Executive Offices about their poor performance, and have been offered some compensation as an apology for the experience.

Farmshock

First Name
Sherry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Orange Premium AWD
Country flag
Would you be able to share where I can contact Ford Motor Company? I’d like to express my dissatisfaction and disappointment. 11 months is horrible to wait for a car that will be a year old and I still do not have my MME.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
My pathway in was via Ford Customer Relations (800) 392-3673. You can escalate by asking to speak with a manager.

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
After two months of shipping delays, including sitting 50 miles away for one of those months, my vehicle FINALLY arrived at the dealer on Friday. I went by Saturday to hopefully drive home in my new ride. The manager had me take it for a drive and make sure everything was good before I took delivery (deal paperwork had already been completed).

I took the vehicle down the street to inspect it throughly (did not want the pressure of the manager looking over me). I found multiple areas of paint and body issues, two of which I felt were caused by the dealership. Also, the headliner near the driver side door had two smudge streaks (thank you detailers).

I got back to the store and the manager asked how was it, I responded we have several issues. His associate at the desk rolled his eyes, but the manager was very professional. I went over the issues with him and he is going to have them all addressed this week.

I will give the dealership manager credit for his professionalism and high level of customer service. Ford Motor Company, on the other hand, gets a failing grade from me. The whole shipping process and delays in delivery dates (ten delays for me) is completely unacceptable. While I understand Ford is not directly handling this part of the process, they need to have a strong hand with their partners. This part has to be fixed if Ford wants to increase market share of electrification accelerates. I have been in talks with Ford Motor Company Executive Offices about their poor performance, and have been offered some compensation as an apology for the experience.
Do you mind if I DM you to ask for some guidance on tree shaking? I have a feeling I am going to need it. I am in the 7/18 build group and I feel like the car is going to be stuck for another 4-6 weeks near the dealership at this rate.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
Would you be able to share where I can contact Ford Motor Company? I’d like to express my dissatisfaction and disappointment. 11 months is horrible to wait for a car that will be a year old and I still do not have my MME.
I reached out via email to the Ford Motor Company executives listed on this site. I received a phone call about 48 hours after I sent the email. https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/ford/
Sponsored