7/4/22 Build Week Chat

Bt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Mazda 3
Country flag
1662730552774.png
Finally picked her up yesterday morning. Really enjoyed my pick up experience at the dealership, get in, shown car sign one paper, hand over money and walk out. No BS oversell or tactics to get me to buy more stuff.

I wish every dealer worked like that.

Sadly my Lectron V-box charger might be a dud and due to the delays delays in delivery I'm out of the return window, currently chatting with amazon to handle a refund/return as I'm like 3 days past the return period.

Loving the car so far and we managed to cram all 3 car seats for the kids in the back, first long trip is tomorrow to visit family, according to fordpass, I should be fine with a 15 min stop to charge half way.
Great choice on the color and I'm glad it finally worked out! It's good to hear there's still a few good dealers around the area. 🎉

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E (Ordered)
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
Who else with a 7/4 build week still waiting on their vehicle? I am six weeks past the original delivery date, and the date has been moved at least a half dozen times since. Ford has got to figure this piece out. They are making a lot of customers, a lot of them new customers, alienated before they even take delivery of their vehicle.

Mrn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMES
Occupation
Aviation
Country flag
âś‹Yes, me too. There is WAY too much uncertainty in the whole delivery process. Even Ford doesn't seem to know for sure where the vehicle is now, only that it WAS at a certain location about 3 weeks ago. It doesn't reflect well on the Ford brand. And the dealer has no idea when it might show up.

iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
Got to pick up my Grabber blue select in the Seattle area. Managed to get the $2500 Ford options cash back and 2.9% APR. Ordered 3/7/22. Original shipping ETA by 8/15.

55C66A40-A7E7-4157-BB9F-3EE931A687F9.jpeg
I'm also in Seattle area, ordered select on Feb 18, hopefully I can get the same incentive and rate.

iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
I'm also in Seattle area, ordered select on Feb 18, hopefully I can get the same incentive and rate.
Got to pick up my Grabber blue select in the Seattle area. Managed to get the $2500 Ford options cash back and 2.9% APR. Ordered 3/7/22. Original shipping ETA by 8/15.

55C66A40-A7E7-4157-BB9F-3EE931A687F9.jpeg
From the pic it looks like evergreen ford, did you get any friction when asking for the incentive and rate of protection date?

AstralLiving

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE in Dark Matter Gray
Occupation
Video Game Producer
Country flag
I'm stopping by from the 7/18 build week group. Seeing that some of y'all are still waiting is harsh. I'm going into my 3rd delivery window tomorrow and I have very little faith it will happen; my last update in Ford's tracking was 8/25, and they seem to have lost track since.

ChrisC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E (Ordered)
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
I'm stopping by from the 7/18 build week group. Seeing that some of y'all are still waiting is harsh. I'm going into my 3rd delivery window tomorrow and I have very little faith it will happen; my last update in Ford's tracking was 8/25, and they seem to have lost track since.
I am six weeks since my original delivery date I am currently on my eighth delivery window, 9/11 to 9/17. All Ford and the dealer can tell me is the vehicle is in Birmingham, AL (approximately 50 miles for the dealership) waiting to be loaded on a truck It was been in Birmingham for three weeks.

Ford has a major issue with their third party logistics partners. It doesn’t seem to me they are interested in fixing it.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I am six weeks since my original delivery date I am currently on my eighth delivery window, 9/11 to 9/17. All Ford and the dealer can tell me is the vehicle is in Birmingham, AL (approximately 50 miles for the dealership) waiting to be loaded on a truck It was been in Birmingham for three weeks.

Ford has a major issue with their third party logistics partners. It doesn’t seem to me they are interested in fixing it.
I don't think they can do much to fix it. There's a logistics shitshow going on in the country with the railway companies about to go on strike (again) and even Ups being close to one.

My car spent over a month at the MO railway just waiting to be loaded onto a truck and driven 3 hours to the dealer.

MonorailGold

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion Hybrid. 2022 MME CR1 on order
Country flag
For those still waiting .... it's worth the wait! I've enjoyed my MME for a month now and it's a genuine joy to drive. I'm almost at 1k miles (I don't have a work commute, so it's just local errands here and there, but I did have a road trip to Philly).

dram

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Outback
Country flag
From the pic it looks like evergreen ford, did you get any friction when asking for the incentive and rate of protection date?
Yes Evergreen Ford. Ordered 3/7. No problem getting incentive and rate advertised at time of order. The problem I ran into was the sales tax. The Ford software wouldn’t allow them to reduce the sales tax in accordance with the Washington state incentive for new electric vehicles with a purchase price under $45,000. I had to pay tax on the entire purchase. I’m awaiting my permanent vehicle registration from Washington state to request a partial sales tax refund.

iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
Yes Evergreen Ford. Ordered 3/7. No problem getting incentive and rate advertised at time of order. The problem I ran into was the sales tax. The Ford software wouldn’t allow them to reduce the sales tax in accordance with the Washington state incentive for new electric vehicles with a purchase price under $45,000. I had to pay tax on the entire purchase. I’m awaiting my permanent vehicle registration from Washington state to request a partial sales tax refund.
I ordered select with tech in Feb, if I get 2500 incentive and x plan, I will also qualify the WA incentive.

iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
One thing I want to confirm with you. The purchase price, does it reflects the $2500 incentive? If not, then I guess mine would not qualify the WA rebate.

dram

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Outback
Country flag
One thing I want to confirm with you. The purchase price, does it reflects the $2500 incentive? If not, then I guess mine would not qualify the WA rebate.
It’s listed on the buyer’s order as a $2500 down payment under the rebate sub-heading. I’m not sure if Washington state would consider your transaction price to be under $45,000. https://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/altfuelexemptions.html

Regardless, you’ll have to try and get the tax refund on your own by submitting a Green Transportation Sales Tax Refund Request to the Washington State department of revenue.
https://www.dor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-02/41-0122.pdf?uid=6254c34eb5890

iaming

First Name
Br
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SEL
It’s listed on the buyer’s order as a $2500 down payment under the rebate sub-heading. I’m not sure if Washington state would consider your transaction price to be under $45,000. https://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/altfuelexemptions.html

Regardless, you’ll have to try and get the tax refund on your own by submitting a Green Transportation Sales Tax Refund Request to the Washington State department of revenue.
https://www.dor.wa.gov/sites/default/files/2022-02/41-0122.pdf?uid=6254c34eb5890
Did you get new plate? Will dealer apply that for you or you need to do it by yourself? Is there some space that you can choose/tell preference for the plate numbers without paying extra in WA?

dram

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Outback
Country flag
Did you get new plate? Will dealer apply that for you or you need to do it by yourself? Is there some space that you can choose/tell preference for the plate numbers without paying extra in WA?
I think new car= new plates in Washington unless transferring personalized plates. The dealership sends paperwork to get license plates. The WA state DOL site has details on getting personalized plates and the associated fees.
Sponsored