Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Nice logs! Have you considered sending some of them to ABRP? They have the MachE in "alpha" right now which means quite conservative guesses on values. They are requesting ODB logs or other data in order to help fine tune (which would get it to "beta" with more realistic assumptions).

I'm getting setup to do some logging with a Viecar ELM adapter and CarScanner Pro (working well so far with a slightly modified Torque PID list), but looks like you've got some good logs that could be lobbed over now.

https://forum.abetterrouteplanner.com/topic/995-alpha-feedback-ford-mustang-mach-e/

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Nice logs! Have you considered sending some of them to ABRP? They have the MachE in "alpha" right now which means quite conservative guesses on values. They are requesting ODB logs or other data in order to help fine tune (which would get it to "beta" with more realistic assumptions).

I'm getting setup to do some logging with a Viecar ELM adapter and CarScanner Pro (working well so far with a slightly modified Torque PID list), but looks like you've got some good logs that could be lobbed over now.

https://forum.abetterrouteplanner.com/topic/995-alpha-feedback-ford-mustang-mach-e/
I have reached out to them twice about providing data and have gotten no response.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I have reached out to them twice about providing data and have gotten no response.
Hmm, bummer, seems like something they'd be interested in... Well, I'll collect some data for my own curiosity and see if they want to review it at that time.

OP
OP
benk016

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Hmm, bummer, seems like something they'd be interested in... Well, I'll collect some data for my own curiosity and see if they want to review it at that time.
I just emailed them for a 3rd time. We'll see.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
That's interesting, I only do a max of 75 mph. I set ABRP to 3.1, set max speed of 75 and 110% reference speed and a 5 mph headwind. That gets ABRP to within about 1-2% for me on my Premium 4X.
I don't know what to make out of ABRP calculations. First I used all defaults and the result came out too optimistic. It still showed correct number of stops, but the actual residual charge was lower than projected. Then I entered the number of passengers, speed, etc. as close as I could and the number I got was too pessimistic, requiring an extra charging stop, which wasn't needed.
Sponsored