BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
So, in general, my GTPE is a commuter car. I’ve been very precious with my car. This was a different experience.

Part of my trip involved a kinda nasty dirt road (which I’ve never done in an MME) for about 10 miles. Rutted, with some washouts. Despite the 5 inch ground clearance, the car handled it like a champ.

Left at 90 percent, because I knew about half way there was a 62.5 Kw charger. Stopped there twice, 20 minutes on the way up, 8 minutes on the way down, got roughly 1 KWh per minute.

Speed ranged mainly from 70-80 most of the way up to my destination, except for the dirt road at the end. Efficiency was 2.1-2.4 m/Khw. The GTPE is a bit of a hog, temps ranged from 50-70.

This car is way more capable of doing semi off road things than I thought. I would recommend going off the beaten road in one if you get a chance.
Sponsored

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
So, in general, my GTPE is a commuter car. I’ve been very precious with my car. This was a different experience.

Part of my trip involved a kinda nasty dirt road (which I’ve never done in an MME) for about 10 miles. Rutted, with some washouts. Despite the 5 inch ground clearance, the car handled it like a champ.

Left at 90 percent, because I knew about half way there was a 62.5 Kw charger. Stopped there twice, 20 minutes on the way up, 8 minutes on the way down, got roughly 1 KWh per minute.

Speed ranged mainly from 70-80 most of the way up to my destination, except for the dirt road at the end. Efficiency was 2.1-2.4 m/Khw. The GTPE is a bit of a hog, temps ranged from 50-70.

This car is way more capable of doing semi off road things than I thought. I would recommend going off the beaten road in one if you get a chance.
My childhood home is on a long, bumpy, rutted, dirt road. I've taken every vehicle I've ever owned on that road... Except the Mustang. Not because I'm trying to protect the Mustang, but usually now-days when I'm going out there, it's to do work and I bring the truck and trailer.

Currently we live on a 2-mile dirt/gravel road and the Mustang does fine, even in several-feet-deep snow drifts.