A Fast Wireless Qi Phone Display Mount and Charger Option

Nemy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 DMG Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
With wireless android auto and the slow OEM wireless charger my phone (s20+) was still draining or barely maintaining battery levels during my long commutes. I drive over 130 miles a day and I wanted to keep using wireless AA - mainly because I don't like messing with/seeing wires and because it's a "premium" feature that's built into the car. This is what I came up with that allows for 10w/15w wireless charging, minimal cable wire and it only cost me $11. I was originally going to apply the suction cup to the dash like some other users here but since the order came with a mounting disc (for uneven surfaces) I decided to try mounting it off the display and I think the end result is a lot cleaner. I ran the wire through the steering column and taped it to the underside of the center storage so the only visible wire is at the top and going into the center console where the 12v adapter is. Note: I already had the ball joint wireless charger that I was using in my other car - an old MPOW vent/cup holder charger but here's the link for the suction mount.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-...s=ball+mount+phone+car&qid=1628356546&sr=8-13

Ford Mustang Mach-E A Fast Wireless Qi Phone Display Mount and Charger Option 20210806_163635

Ford Mustang Mach-E A Fast Wireless Qi Phone Display Mount and Charger Option 20210807_095003

Ford Mustang Mach-E A Fast Wireless Qi Phone Display Mount and Charger Option 20210806_163646

Ford Mustang Mach-E A Fast Wireless Qi Phone Display Mount and Charger Option 20210801_142200