Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard?

Mari76

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E FE, 2013 Ford Explorer Limited
Country flag

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Yes! That's the one I ended up buying and so far I love it. Much better than the vent MagSafe holder I was using before. I have an iPhone 12 pro max with MagSafe case and so far it's held up great.
Nice, I ended up the the same one and it is quite nice. It comes with real 3M VHB tape (the good stuff), and has good grip on a MagSafe phone or case. I mounted mine a bit further in for a slightly closer phone position, but otherwise landed about the same.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? B8D91D2E-86BB-49A9-8297-573D4E292602
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 0EB0DB0B-6F35-47E9-B623-F02E34940B28
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 59B6464C-2FE5-4A1B-8CFE-76F990736AF0

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I would say the double sided tape may work, the same stuff used for dash cams. 3M VHB. Long strips of it attached to a channel bracket. May not necessarily look the best, but all black might be okay.
Or a small Velcro dot. I anchored my desk phone at work and it no longer falls on the floor.

superwaddle

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
pilot
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_0192

Here is my A-Tach mount with magsafe holder. I am actually a huge fan of this setup. I originally had it on the left of the screen, but it was too close to the wiper lever behind the steering wheel.
I am a HUGE fan of being able to set my phone on that holder and have it charge without having to manually plug a wire in. I use Apple Carplay and I generally like it.

OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_0192

Here is my A-Tach mount with magsafe holder. I am actually a huge fan of this setup. I originally had it on the left of the screen, but it was too close to the wiper lever behind the steering wheel.
I am a HUGE fan of being able to set my phone on that holder and have it charge without having to manually plug a wire in. I use Apple Carplay and I generally like it.
Looks good. How is the mount attached to the car. We can't see the point of attachment in that picture.

I have been using CarPlay but have a couple of pet peeves. It doesn't allow you to choose which screen you want to view your gps maps on. There are times I would like the map on the phone screen so I can use the car screen to manage other apps and keep both in view at the same time so I don't have to switch back and forth from maps to Spotify etc especially because the maps keep the phone screen active and with most other apps the screen times out. The other issue with CarPlay is that certain app menu options become unavailable altogether. I wanted to share my location from Google maps and that option is entirely inaccessible even on the phone once CarPlay is active. These kind of limitations are unnecessary and annoying.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I went with the ProClip Center Mount for the Mach-E. ProClip P/N: 855689. ProClip mounts support the AMPS accessory mounting platform which is the key component to my setup. The mount installs in minutes. This was coupled with a MagSafe-ready (BYO MagSafe puck) mount from Amazon, and an AMPS-compatible 15-17mm ball mount. All parts linked below images.

The Apple MagSafe charger fits snugly into the MagSafe-ready mount purchased from Amazon. The mount is line with 4 rubber pads that firmly hold the Apple MagSafe puck. No adhesive needed, like some other MagSafe-ready mounts. The MagSafe charger cable was routed through the telescoping steering wheel cavity, down the lower dash and out right above the USB-C charger.

I specifically chose this particular MagSafe-ready mount because it had the smallest MagSafe housing out of all the products tested. This is important for all iPhone 12/13 Pro users with a MagSafe-compatible case that has a large raised edge to protect the Pro camera system. Most other MagSafe-ready chargers have too large of a bezel, or have a raised edge that don't allow the 12/13 Pro models to securely attach.

I've also started to design my own MagSafe-ready mount that has the extra extension on the bottom of the MagSafe system for additional magnetic attachment. I tested a few mounts that had this feature, but they were all denied of my usage, due to the thickness of the mount or bezel interfering with my MagSafe case's camera protection lip.

The photos:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_0156

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_0157

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_0158

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_0159

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_1771

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_1772

Parts:
ProClip Mount for Mach-E
MagSafe-ready Mount from Amazon
AMPS-compatible Ball Mount
Apple MagSafe Charger (consider buying Open Box from Best Buy, I was able to get 2 @ $10/ea. Best Buy DOES negotiate open box prices.)

Woodman750

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I went with the ProClip Center Mount for the Mach-E. ProClip P/N: 855689. ProClip mounts support the AMPS accessory mounting platform which is the key component to my setup. The mount installs in minutes. This was coupled with a MagSafe-ready (BYO MagSafe puck) mount from Amazon, and an AMPS-compatible 15-17mm ball mount. All parts linked below images.

The Apple MagSafe charger fits snugly into the MagSafe-ready mount purchased from Amazon. The mount is line with 4 rubber pads that firmly hold the Apple MagSafe puck. No adhesive needed, like some other MagSafe-ready mounts. The MagSafe charger cable was routed through the telescoping steering wheel cavity, down the lower dash and out right above the USB-C charger.

I specifically chose this particular MagSafe-ready mount because it had the smallest MagSafe housing out of all the products tested. This is important for all iPhone 12/13 Pro users with a MagSafe-compatible case that has a large raised edge to protect the Pro camera system. Most other MagSafe-ready chargers have too large of a bezel, or have a raised edge that don't allow the 12/13 Pro models to securely attach.

I've also started to design my own MagSafe-ready mount that has the extra extension on the bottom of the MagSafe system for additional magnetic attachment. I tested a few mounts that had this feature, but they were all denied of my usage, due to the thickness of the mount or bezel interfering with my MagSafe case's camera protection lip.

The photos:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? IMG_1772

Parts:
ProClip Mount for Mach-E
Apple MagSafe Charger (consider buying Open Box from Best Buy, I was able to get 2 @ $10/ea. Best Buy DOES negotiate open box prices.)
I'm going to go with this setup as well and have ordered all the parts. I noticed that the ball mount doesn't come with screws. Do you know what size screws are needed?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I'm going to go with this setup as well and have ordered all the parts. I noticed that the ball mount doesn't come with screws. Do you know what size screws are needed?
While this isn't the most helpful, I remember *SOMETHING* I ordered came with screws and I used that. The ProClip mount has indentations for self-tapping screws, however I drilled those holes to use a small nut and screw combo. I would suggest ordering everything, and then taking the ball plate down to Lowe's or Home Depot (or your preferred cozy hardware store), and getting a few black screws and nuts.

You may also opt for this ProClip Universal Fastener Kit, which seems to have a few options of screw length. They have a few other kit options as well that you can check out.

I do think something like M4 x 10mm should work out. May want to get M10, M12 and M14 to be safe.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I always liked ProClip USA. You buY the part that fits your phone and the part that fits your car and put them together. Doesn't seem to have the MME yet though.
ProClip has an MME Mount. Here's mine. I use it with a Samsung S20.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 20220706_114600

Woodman750

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
While this isn't the most helpful, I remember *SOMETHING* I ordered came with screws and I used that. The ProClip mount has indentations for self-tapping screws, however I drilled those holes to use a small nut and screw combo. I would suggest ordering everything, and then taking the ball plate down to Lowe's or Home Depot (or your preferred cozy hardware store), and getting a few black screws and nuts.

You may also opt for this ProClip Universal Fastener Kit, which seems to have a few options of screw length. They have a few other kit options as well that you can check out.

I do think something like M4 x 10mm should work out. May want to get M10, M12 and M14 to be safe.
Thanks for your help with this. For the record, I picked up #4 x 3/8 in self tapping screws at Home Depot. That worked perfectly.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

epereira

First Name
Erle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E premium
Country flag
I bought this and am very happy so far. I’m addition to the phone mount it also provides additional storage space behind the LCD screen. The unit slides behind the screen and is pretty slick.

AOSKonology for Mustang Mach E Center Console Dash Storage Box Tray 360 Degree Rotatable Phone Holder Dashboard Organizer Compatible with Mustang Mach e Interior Accessories 2021 2022
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 2429B751-1475-40E5-8150-0D9BBBA8B021

https://a.co/d/0opI3z5

Last edited:

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
OK so I realize with the huge LCD screen, Apple Car Play and the wireless charging pad the first thing everyone will ask is "why do you need a phone mount?". Granted the car has a huge screen and the interface is supposed to be great and I admit I have not gotten my order yet so i haven't tried to work with the built in interface but I have Apple CarPlay on my current car and I never use it because its too dumbed down (too many missing apps and limited accessibility to some features). Unless they have made a dramatic modification I would rather not be stuck using that.

The problem is that the dash leaves very little opportunity to put a phone mount anywhere near the driver. A vent mount would get in the way of the ignition button and the speaker fabric seems to make a dash mount difficult to attach. I'm guessing Ford just figured everyone would use their interface and leave the phone on the wireless charging pad. If anyone has tried to mount a Phone I would be interested in hearing how you did it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone find a phone mount for the Mach-E dashboard? 2429B751-1475-40E5-8150-0D9BBBA8B021

I just hang mine from the rearview mirror. There are many products for that.

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag

The photos:

Parts:
ProClip Mount for Mach-E
This has gotta be the most elaborate and expensive iPhone mount I have ever seen and I love it. I want simple, clean and this fits the bill. I would have never thought of piecing all these parts together to make this mount. Thanks for sharing what you did with photos and even better the links to all the parts. I think the one change I would make it figure out how to make the white cord black, or at least darker. May give a sharpie a try unless others have a better idea.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
This has gotta be the most elaborate and expensive iPhone mount I have ever seen and I love it. I want simple, clean and this fits the bill. I would have never thought of piecing all these parts together to make this mount. Thanks for sharing what you did with photos and even better the links to all the parts. I think the one change I would make it figure out how to make the white cord black, or at least darker. May give a sharpie a try unless others have a better idea.
Yep, that's me - too much gene LOL.

Regarding the cable color, I actually tried to use a different MagSafe charger (Native Union Snap), but the charging puck was not cut the same as OEM, and therefore would not fit in the MagSafe charger holder.

I instead opted for some 3:1 heat shrink tubing on the section of wiring that is visible from the cabin. I ordered three sizes (5/16", 3/8", and 1/2") and I recall 1/2" being too large to fit over the USB-C connector. I can't however recall what I ended up with between 5/16" and 3/8" though. Just make sure you get a heat shrink that is all black, and doesn't have any lettering or identification marks on it - this will ensure your installation looks as clean as possible.
Sponsored