Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Out of curiosity, why do you need your phone mounted while driving? I keep mine in my pocket.
Hummm Zoom meetings, hello!?!?! lol

I think its one of those things that people have just always had mounted, and it feels odd to not have it mounted anymore. I'll be honest, I had one mounted in my F150 that was just this magnetic puck that I had attached to a RAM mount. Just slap my iPhone to it, and yank it off when I got out. LOVED IT!!

The one thing people don't think about though is the damage its doing to your phone. Up in your dash is HORRIABLE for your phone, even worse if you are fast charging it. I personally had one up in the dash area, and then I had a magnetic vent mount that worked the same way. During the day I used the vent mount, at night I used the one mounted up on my dash. Redundant yes, needed maybe not, but I loved having the options. Was sad when I realized the vent mount won't work on the Mach E lol

blue92lx

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
Both are on CarPlay, why not use that?
Yeah I came here to say the same thing. People are like "I use it for google maps and waze"

uhhhhhh you realize the huge 15.5" screen in the middle of the car can do that for you right? I personally don't get it, then again I've never in my life wanted to clutter up my dash area with a phone that I can have sitting in my center console area. Google and Waze maps will tell you where to go audibly, and if it's confusing I can just look at the phone. And how often are you really needing to look at your phone that you'd need to clutter the dash with it 100% of the time, when you probably need to look at your phone 5% of the time you're in the car.

And that's without even having Android Auto. With Android Auto this all seems like kind of a non-sensical waste of space.

But I guess that's just me.

Reactions: Guy
OP
OP
macgyver60

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Out of curiosity, why do you need your phone mounted while driving? I keep mine in my pocket.
Because Apple Car Play does not provide access to all the apps I need. As mentioned previously I have some work related communication apps that don't work with Car Play. I also like having two screens. I like having the Navigation on one screen and my podcasts, music etc on another rather than having to flip back and forth on the cars main screen.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I haven't set up my phone mount in my Mach-E yet, but I have found it useful in other cars while using CarPlay because the large (main) screen shows the map, while the phone shows the turn-by-turn directions. At some point I will probably connect the mount.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I picked one up so I can mount my phone for recording to document issues

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hummm Zoom meetings, hello!?!?! lol
Zoom is also a CarPlay app. I used it last week. It is audio to avoid distracted driving. It works fine on the big screen, too.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
Curious, did you try the iOttie dash/windshield mount? I have used several of their mounts in previous cars.
I did try the iOttie dash mount on the MME and it stuck for a couple of days and came loose. Not much sticks to the slightly perforated dash for any length of time. It worked great on my Prius dash for years. I just change to the Pro clip and I think I like it better.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Car Phone Mount for the Mach E 20210815_120035
Sponsored

Last edited: