2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
What do we think lease prices will be? I ordered a premium long range AWD. Any idea on a monthly payment?
honestly no one knows. However if reservations turn to orders in May then we will all know. What I have heard is that this is such a new concept that no one knows how Ford will basically finance it in terms of does Ford want to sell everyone so they offer 0% interest rate or do they treat it as a typical vehicle and charge a 5-8% rate? No one knows. The virus issue makes the financial aspect uncertain.

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Answering my own question above... it seems that Canada doesn't have for x plan for the mache announced unlike the USA. Confirmed by the dealer. Maybe that will change later, maybe not.
You really trust a dealer to confirm if a rebate is available? Of course he will say no. I asked mine on the webchat if they participate to the X-plan, they say yes. I didn't mentionned the Mach-E. I don't see why it would be valid in USA but not in Canada. Ok maybe there would be a reason. The price is really good here compared to the US price when you consider the CAD/US rate

Wildthing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
Do you need your X-plan code when converting the reservation in formal order or only at the delivery of the vehicle?

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Do you need your X-plan code when converting the reservation in formal order or only at the delivery of the vehicle?
+1 on question.

Plus, how long is the code good for? If I ask my brother for one now, will it be good if its needed only during delivery/pickup/signing?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If the Canadian process is like the US then you should not. Ordering is through Ford, price is negotiated through the dealer. I've never had to give the dealer my A Plan PIN until we were drawing up the final contracts at vehicle delivery.

This online process is different, though. As I understand it we can go online and put in our order, put in a deposit if needed. The dealer will get notification of our order, we'll negotiate the price (tell them I'm A Plan). The dealer will accept the order and Ford then can put me in the production sequence based on my reservation timestamp/model selected.

PINs remain active for 12 months from the date of issue.

Last edited:

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
With a $7500 tax rebate that dwindles away, and seemingly high demand, I will be shocked if any Ford dealer local to me honors any discounts. We'll see.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
With a $7500 tax rebate that dwindles away, and seemingly high demand, I will be shocked if any Ford dealer local to me honors any discounts. We'll see.
I don't see how one is related to another. Its not like the $7500 fed credit is coming out of the dealers pocket.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I don't see how one is related to another. Its not like the $7500 fed credit is coming out of the dealers pocket.
They will use it as leverage not to give any deals on the car. I guarantee this will happen. I hope I'm wrong.

OP
OP
eager2own

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
They will use it as leverage not to give any deals on the car. I guarantee this will happen. I hope I'm wrong.
Yes, I think you're wrong. They're not going to give deals on the MME because the pricing structure for this one is unique. But to say that a tax credit that may start phasing out in a year will affect whether dealers honor X Plan pricing now seems... unrelated.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
So I just signed up for the MCA too - $35 to maybe get X-Plan pricing as my husband no longer works for a company with that benefit - definitely worth the gamble! I did notice that the official "excluded" list was dated in 2018 - I am wondering if Ford will add the Mach E - the other models were the extra pricey special vehicles like the F-150 Raptor and Mustang Shelby and Bullitt models.

Did anyone else check out their forum? Man, do they HATE the Mach E! I totally expected it - because I see it on Twitter and IG, etc. Some of them were talking about quitting the MCA and the President also stating that the only way they will report on it again (after a January mag cover) was if Ford decided to change the name. General feeling was that Mustang is a "Pony Car" and the Mach E is not. A couple of middle roaders and one positive post in the thread I read... sigh.

I would be more sympathetic to their anger, except they just kept repeating the same old tired anti EV myths - I can get gas anywhere and you will run out of range, anyone who buys an EV is going to get electrocuted by the vehicle, Farmers will never buy an electric truck... to mention a few. The naysayers were also saying it was not a true Ford because it is made in Mexico, and that it was likely to fail quickly and simply disappear.

You know, I have always not wanted to buy a Tesla because I see so many stories of them getting vandalized, I didn't want that drama. I was so happy to hear to that Ford was making this vehicle, now I am starting to wonder if my Mach E will get vandalized by those out there that are reeling because Ford named it Mustang, it's an EV, and it has four doors... To be honest I am thinking that any EV that is as popular as the Tesla (and hopefully this will happen for Ford) is likely to get some of that drama... maybe an idea for a thread...
Worked for me. Went to MCA site, gave them $25, went to X-plan in benefits, directed to Ford Plan site and received a PIN.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Someone mentioned in another thread that 'sometimes' the X plan is better than A/Z/D. Could it be true? Based on the initial numbers, if we were to use the $50,000 as the base.

A-Plan (Ford Employees): 4% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee and 0.25% advertising fee
X-Plan (Ford Partners, Friends & Neighbors): 2% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee

A/Z = $48,000 + $275 + $125 = $48,400
X = $49,000 + $275 = $49,275

Reason asking is I have A plan pin, if X ends up better, will join MCA. Is discount pricing locked down, known to public for the Mach-E?

Haynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 (next will be a Mach-E or Model Y)
Country flag
Someone mentioned in another thread that 'sometimes' the X plan is better than A/Z/D. Could it be true? Based on the initial numbers, if we were to use the $50,000 as the base.

A-Plan (Ford Employees): 4% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee and 0.25% advertising fee
X-Plan (Ford Partners, Friends & Neighbors): 2% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee

A/Z = $48,000 + $275 + $125 = $48,400
X = $49,000 + $275 = $49,275

Reason asking is I have A plan pin, if X ends up better, will join MCA. Is discount pricing locked down, known to public for the Mach-E?
Generally once they release the price list on vehicles it doesn’t change too much, but until they have Mach-Es being physically delivered there is a possibility of them changing the e-invoicing structure on the discount for the plans. That being said, X plan is normally the highest price when compared with A/Z/D plans.

Haynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 (next will be a Mach-E or Model Y)
Country flag
You need to tell them it’s X-plan when reserving, you shouldn’t need your PIN number until delivery unless they just want to stick it in with their deal paperwork.
Sponsored