X Plan pricing for the Mach e Dealer says no.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem XAWD, 14 f150 3.5 Ecoboost, 22 Edge ST 2.7
Country flag
Dealerships are making their most profits ever in their existence I think from every single news article I've seen. Don't feel sorry for dealerships. Not sure if you're a salesperson, but with ADM, I assume salespeople are doing fine too.

As for X-Plan, since the one asking is in the Bay Area, ask the Morgan Hill Store and that other store which offers on-lot MSRP cars. I assume their waiting list is extremely long, but maybe there is a config no one wants and it can't hurt to ask. If they say no for non-orders, then you're pretty much not going to get that unless someone in some other state allows it. There are some dealers which has that option for LOCAL buyers I've seen posted here.
The dealership itself might be making money, but I promise some sales people are not. I am in sales, but a position where the price it sells for doesn't affect me. However, most of my sales guys do not get as much of the profit as you think. Not all dealers are making record numbers, this I can attest to. But there will always be a perception of how 'dealerships' operate and what type of people sales people are.... just disappointing when several unethical dealers do things it makes everyone look bad.
Sponsored

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The dealership itself might be making money, but I promise some sales people are not. I am in sales, but a position where the price it sells for doesn't affect me. However, most of my sales guys do not get as much of the profit as you think. Not all dealers are making record numbers, this I can attest to. But there will always be a perception of how 'dealerships' operate and what type of people sales people are.... just disappointing when several unethical dealers do things it makes everyone look bad.
If your dealership is not doing well, they're in the minority now and maybe it's time for a comp change or new position honestly.

Having been in sales myself and left, my advice for me and others is that maybe sales isn't for all of us. If you're one of the honest folks, there are far too many bad folks (remember fake accounting opening wells fargo people?), car salespeople are the #2 hated profession, etc

Sorry to say it, but sales wasn't for me if you want to be ethical. I saw shenanigans in my sales job as well and it's just not that great of a profession due to all the bad apples and simply put, BAD COMP plans which almost force people do do unethical stuff (and the stuff dealerships do). If you don't, you're at a disadvantage to hit numbers (to simply keep your job).

Since other dealerships are ok with markups (like 99% of ones from Ford at least in So Cal) and yours aren't, you are probably at a big disadvantage to make $$ and almost keep your job.

Yeah, I'm not a salesperson fan mostly.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If your dealership is not doing well, they're in the minority now and maybe it's time for a comp change or new position honestly.

Having been in sales myself and left, my advice for me and others is that maybe sales isn't for all of us. If you're one of the honest folks, there are far too many bad folks (remember fake accounting opening wells fargo people?), car salespeople are the #2 hated profession, etc

Sorry to say it, but sales wasn't for me if you want to be ethical. I saw shenanigans in my sales job as well and it's just not that great of a profession due to all the bad apples and simply put, BAD COMP plans which almost force people do do unethical stuff (and the stuff dealerships do). If you don't, you're at a disadvantage to hit numbers (to simply keep your job).

Since other dealerships are ok with markups (like 99% of ones from Ford at least in So Cal) and yours aren't, you are probably at a big disadvantage to make $$ and almost keep your job.

Yeah, I'm not a salesperson fan mostly.
I guess I should clarify, that on EV's there is little money/incentive for the dealership to sell them. This is small, family owned dealer that has low overhead so our comp plans are good.

The Mach-E and Lightning is just not meant for the pay plans in place now. It will be a good thing once they separate the EV's less headache on the dealers/salespeople for a small flat pay.

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I guess I should clarify, that on EV's there is little money/incentive for the dealership to sell them. This is small, family owned dealer that has low overhead so our comp plans are good.

The Mach-E and Lightning is just not meant for the pay plans in place now. It will be a good thing once they separate the EV's less headache on the dealers/salespeople for a small flat pay.

Your comment is why you have salespeople who just don't care, don't want to talk to anyone who wants an EV and as for me, I'm perfectly ok with that (I don't want to waste any salesperson's time neither).

I "get" it's a total waste of time for them and being in sales, I know what salespeople sorta go through to pretty much survive (you don't sell, you get fired, simple as that).

Remember, however, that the EVs are nearly all selling themselves so it's really just paperwork. If someone used/wasted a lot of your time, then yeah, I'd be annoyed too and just claim I'm EV illiterate and let someone else service it.

I've stated here before that the comp needs to match and that's something Ford/all dealers have to adjust, but I don't think it's a stretch to state that most people here are far more knowledgeable than the avg car EV salesperson.

dixiekidd88

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your comment is why you have salespeople who just don't care, don't want to talk to anyone who wants an EV and as for me, I'm perfectly ok with that (I don't want to waste any salesperson's time neither).

I "get" it's a total waste of time for them and being in sales, I know what salespeople sorta go through to pretty much survive (you don't sell, you get fired, simple as that).

Remember, however, that the EVs are nearly all selling themselves so it's really just paperwork. If someone used/wasted a lot of your time, then yeah, I'd be annoyed too and just claim I'm EV illiterate and let someone else service it.

I've stated here before that the comp needs to match and that's something Ford/all dealers have to adjust, but I don't think it's a stretch to state that most people here are far more knowledgeable than the avg car EV salesperson.
Business is business, we all have to make a living. It will be good when EV's get separated, the consumer will be better served with staff that is properly trained. There has been a lot of breakdown in the relay of info between manufacturer and dealer. The lack of knowledge along with a small incentive to sell the vehicle has caused like you said, 'salespeople who just don't care'.

I do not think there is just one party to blame here. Everyone (Manufactuer, dealer, salespeople) have to do better, myself included. I do my best being on these forums to keep up on the latest info. This has made me the 'go to' for Mach-E's here. I do care, and my pay is not based on selling the vehicle, but I can easily see how others would be careless and not give 100% when there is very little incentive.

new to mach-e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e select
Country flag
My dealer told me upfront they would not accept x-plan but Wouk’s honor msrp. I was ok with that. They assigned a build priority of 10 and for built/delivered within 5 months so it worked out for me.

OP
OP
PilotMark

PilotMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Moke, FRS, Prius, FJR, 1966 Shelby Mustang
Country flag
Maybe I'm lucky but I've been treated as I would treat others from my Ford Dealer and my Ford Sales rep.
MSRP plus a second key, some here said they only got one. and a small credit at their in dealership accessory store.
And free charging at the dealership.

snowdoggie

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Nissan, Audi 2017 SQ5, MME GT, M3
Occupation
IT Operations Manager
Country flag
Maybe I'm lucky but I've been treated as I would treat others from my Ford Dealer and my Ford Sales rep.
MSRP plus a second key, some here said they only got one. and a small credit at their in dealership accessory store.
There's a new service bulletin, those with 1 can return and get a 2nd made.
I assume all dealers will try to act in good faith

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
All 2022s get two keys.

Everyone gets 22,000 FordPass points, value of $110.

Most Ford dealers offer free charging, but you'll be there for many hours with the speed of their charger.

Striker28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD, Ice Blue
Country flag
Dealerships are making their most profits ever in their existence I think from every single news article I've seen. Don't feel sorry for dealerships. Not sure if you're a salesperson, but with ADM, I assume salespeople are doing fine too.

An article I quoted in another message said some dealerships are hoping it's always like this moving forward (manufacturers limit supply)...It's sorta like the housing market, it's a seller's market so folks selling stuff (dealerships) are doing good. Someone who doesn't need their car can sell it too and do good....seller's market.

As for X-Plan, since the one asking is in the Bay Area, ask the Morgan Hill Store and that other store which offers on-lot MSRP cars. I assume their waiting list is extremely long, but maybe there is a config no one wants and it can't hurt to ask. If they say no for non-orders, then you're pretty much not going to get that unless someone in some other state allows it. There are some dealers which has that option for LOCAL buyers I've seen posted here.
thanks for the advice! I just talked to the Morgan Hill Ford Store and they said the Mach-E back out waitlist is separated by “teams” now and I got onto one of the team’s lists. I asked to get on the other teams’ lists (not sure how many there are), but waiting to here back

Striker28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD, Ice Blue
Country flag
thanks for the advice! I just talked to the Morgan Hill Ford Store and they said the Mach-E back out waitlist is separated by “teams” now and I got onto one of the team’s lists. I asked to get on the other teams’ lists (not sure how many there are), but waiting to here back
Update for the group, just bought a 2022 premium from Walnut Creek Ford on X-Plan pricing because previous customer backed out. They (along with Morgan Hill Ford Store) are the only dealers in the SF Bay Area selling at MSRP that I'm aware of (I'm pretty sure Morgan Hill will also honor X-Plan for 2022 Mach E's).

Anyone looking for X-Plan pricing on Mach E's in the SF Bay Area, only thing to do is to keep in touch with sales folks at both dealerships and pray for something to come up with a backout. Good luck!

EVnewbie3000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Wanna trade cars? Lol i also got a premium 4x from WCF last week Spaces White Metallic but had been hoping for an IBSM.. also used xplan through my wifes job at kaiser haha
Sponsored