Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E CR1
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Thanks, and I do realize it is a pin he generates that I can use for a purchase and not his actual plan number, which is what we planned to do.
Should I just insist that they process it that way? Will reporting them to Ford corporate do anything other than waste my own time?
I also just really don't understand why they would refuse to run the Z plan in the first place. Ugh.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Thanks, and I do realize it is a pin he generates that I can use for a purchase and not his actual plan number, which is what we planned to do.
Should I just insist that they process it that way? Will reporting them to Ford corporate do anything other than waste my own time?
I also just really don't understand why they would refuse to run the Z plan in the first place. Ugh.
Dealerships can choose to accept plan orders, or not. Corporate will not do anything.

If they don't accept plan orders, they're not going to have you fill out the form, and that's that.

I agree - they should take A/Z orders. Ford gives them money to compensate them. Unfortunately, you should have found this out before ordering, then got it in writing from their management. Now, you have little power.

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
Has anyone used online checkout for 2023 with A/Z yet? It asks me for my pin but it doesn't adjust the price besides adding in the $275 fee.

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
Has anyone used online checkout for 2023 with A/Z yet? It asks me for my pin but it doesn't adjust the price besides adding in the $275 fee.
It never worked online but I got the adjusted price (after some discussion with the dealership about what they could and couldn't charge me for) when I went in. Only took 1 hour. :rolleyes:

Hmb0013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
It never worked online but I got the adjusted price (after some discussion with the dealership about what they could and couldn't charge me for) when I went in. Only took 1 hour. :rolleyes:
Nice! Were you able to get the dealer to show you the invoice for A/Z plan?

njb

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red 2023 GT
Country flag
Nice! Were you able to get the dealer to show you the invoice for A/Z plan?
Yes, they showed me the invoice but quickly took that away and then showed me my purchase price with a long list that I had to look through and have them take stuff off the list and add in my $500 deposit refund. In the end it was just as I had expected to pay but if I hadn't challenged them I would have paid about $2000 more. I had made a cheat sheet of expected numbers before I went so I was prepared.

wcrann3

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Fusion SE
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
A-plan is no longer 4% discount FYI. My dealer sent me an invoice with the A-plan discount and it's about a 2% discount.

Cyan09

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E CR1
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
I took delivery of my 2023 CA R1 yesterday, the dealer did honor the Z-Plan pricing and I can confirm that for me it was 4%

maktas1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Focus Electric
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ford Canada still doesn't offer A/Z plan on MME. Really a disappointment :(

PA-Fatboy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger, 2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have bought my last 5 Fords using the X-Plan. I have been a member of the Mustang Club of America for a while now. Each time, the salesperson was very open to it. They showed me the book that listed all the price plans and what the cost of the vehicle was.

I did have one salesman tell me that he usually gives better deals than the x-plan to customers. I think he might have been needling me a bit.

i like using it. No haggling over the price. The hard discussion comes in on the value of my trade-ins. I think the cards are stacked in the dealers favor regardless. Even walking in with both kbb and edmunds used car pricing, the dealer comments are always that you can’t always believe the internet. There are pricing points that the on-line used car pricing guides do not take into account.

I didn’t have time to sell my vehicles privately before. But now with multiple company’s wiling to purchase and pickup the cars within days, the deals might be getting better for the custome.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
I have bought my last 5 Fords using the X-Plan. I have been a member of the Mustang Club of America for a while now. Each time, the salesperson was very open to it. They showed me the book that listed all the price plans and what the cost of the vehicle was.

I did have one salesman tell me that he usually gives better deals than the x-plan to customers. I think he might have been needling me a bit.

i like using it. No haggling over the price. The hard discussion comes in on the value of my trade-ins. I think the cards are stacked in the dealers favor regardless. Even walking in with both kbb and edmunds used car pricing, the dealer comments are always that you can’t always believe the internet. There are pricing points that the on-line used car pricing guides do not take into account.

I didn’t have time to sell my vehicles privately before. But now with multiple company’s wiling to purchase and pickup the cars within days, the deals might be getting better for the custome.
There certainly are times they can best x-plans.

TJSparky

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Country flag
We just got our MME GT Performance with Nite Pony Package on Wed. What an amazing vehicle and we were able to use the X plan along with 1.9% financing through Ford. Plus 3500 in rebates along with the 3750 tax credit. It was a sweet deal! X-plan does make it really easy!

Last edited:

Shelbeast

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT Delivered 9/9/22, GT500
Occupation
Sausage Maker
Country flag
We just got our MME GT Performance with Nite Pony Package on Wed. What an amazing vehicle and we were able to use the X plan along with 1.9% financing through Ford. Plus 3500 in rebates along with the 3750 tax credit. It was a sweet deal! X-plan does make it really easy!
Very nice, but it does not beat lightly used ones for 40K. That means folks are trading in a 70K car last year for 30Kish today. MME GT and Perf. basically lost around 50% value in year.
Sponsored