eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Here’s info on what the AZX plans will likely look like for the Mach-E:

via CarsDirect:

Ford Plan Pricing refers to haggle-free savings reserved for Ford employees & retirees, affiliated organizations, and friends & family. Unlike other Ford vehicles, the Mach-E's unique pricing structure requires a slightly different discount calculation.

Here's what Plan Pricing for the Mach-E looks like, according to a bulletin sent to dealers:

A-Plan (Ford Employees): 4% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee and 0.25% advertising fee

Z-Plan (Ford Retirees): Same as A-Plan

D-Plan (Dealer Employees): A-Plan plus $100

X-Plan (Ford Partners, Friends & Neighbors): 2% below MSRP plus $275 administrative fee
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
No. Dealers can choose to honor the plans or not. My chosen dealer told me that will not be offering plan pricing. But that was in late November, way before the recent plan announcements, so holding out hope for a change of heart.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
No. Dealers can choose to honor the plans or not. My chosen dealer told me that will not be offering plan pricing. But that was in late November, way before the recent plan announcements, so holding out hope for a change of heart.
change your dealer if they don't. When you are notified that your reservation has come up and it is time to order, you may order with any EV-certified dealer you wish. That's the difference with dealer vs company store model - you can play dealers off one another

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I have used the X-Plan for my last two transactions with my Ford dealer. One to buy and one to lease so you get the pricing no matter the type of transaction. I agree, if your dealer will not accept the plans, find one who will.

BTW, if you become a member of the Mustang Club of America, one of the perks is X-Plan Pricing.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Jee-whiz.

I could swear I thought when I bought my 2012 Mustang GT with the X Plan, it was closer to 10 percent. Either that or was I sadly mistaken back in 2012... I need to check my bill of sale for back then.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
If you are a stockholder they will also honor the x plan. You must have purchased 100 shares minimum and held for 6 months according to google.

Looks like I'll be getting a 2% discount on my Mach E. Sweet.

K1TT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Performance Pack
Occupation
Product Designer
Country flag
Jee-whiz.

I could swear I thought when I bought my 2012 Mustang GT with the X Plan, it was closer to 10 percent. Either that or was I sadly mistaken back in 2012... I need to check my bill of sale for back then.
As mentioned above Mach-E's unique pricing structure requires a different discount structure. EVs don't yet have the profit margins of ICE vehicles.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Does a dealer have to take the X-Plan? Never bought a Ford before ...
Yes - I bought a vehicle on the X Plan a few years back when my husband was with Pepsi, I told them on the phone that I was an X plan buyer and came in with the certificate that we had to apply for via Pepsi. The salesman was super nice while we looked at the cars, then I picked one out and the manager came out with the X-Plan confirmed price, the salesman threw a hissy fit, said even he couldn't buy it for that price, I thought it was an act to get me to buy the car, but he was so mad the manager told him to take a break. So I am surprised to see the definitions in the original post - seems like he could get a much better deal. Who knows, maybe they have adjusted it since then... The car was a 2005 Volvo XC90, back when Ford owned Volvo...that may explain it. Ford Dealers employees may get the higher ranking than an owned brand like the Volvo... Yowza - that was 15 years ago - time flies...

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
After reading the X plan on here I joined the Mustang Club of America. Spent my $35.00. I talked to my friend who is in management of the largest Ford dealership in the world which happens to be in LA. He told me that the X plan works on all vehicles except limited issues ones like the new Shelby, Raptor and some others. The pricing structure of ANY vehicle can be different. The more expensive the vehicle the bigger the discount. He told me that today no one knows for sure ANYTHING about pricing on the Mach E because simply it does not exist. What I do know is that not every dealer will be able to sell the Mach E. Dealers will have to pay money to have service techs certified in fixing them. they will have to upgrade their charging units. In short it will cost dealers to sell this car and if it is a small dealer they will likely not want to invest in the additional costs. In short what the exact pricing structure will be is not known until these cars make it to production/delivery. The first cars that are actually produced will go to the dealers first so that people can test drive them. It is also planned that in the future these cars will be on the dealer lots. The simple reason is for increased sales. He did say that plan X pricing can be better then employee pricing. It all depends on what Ford is doing. Funny thing is he had no idea that all you had to was joing the Mustang club. He decided to join as well. in that way he has two different plans he can use to see which is better for him.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I wondered why A, Z, and X-plan pricing was being discussed so much. Fortunately, I didn't blow it all off and ignore this thread, assuming it didn't apply to me.

BTW, if you become a member of the Mustang Club of America, one of the perks is X-Plan Pricing.
This is huge! It's only 2% but that's not chump change on an MME. I looked at buying stock as 100 shares is the X-plan minimum. At $7.xx a share now it's not a bad deal. However, I wasn't sure if the 6-months to hold the stock was before delivery (November?) or negotiation once it switches to the dealer (May?). So buying the stock may not be an option.

However, paying $25-$50 for Mustang Club of America membership to get ~$1,200 off my FE? That's a no-brainer. I'm now a member.

Now I still need to make sure my dealer won't charge ADM and will take the X-Plan. If that discussion doesn't go well, I have other 4 more dealers nearby to choose from!

Thanks all!

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I wondered why A, Z, and X-plan pricing was being discussed so much. Fortunately, I didn't blow it all off and ignore this thread, assuming it didn't apply to me.

This is huge! It's only 2% but that's not chump change on an MME. I looked at buying stock as 100 shares is the X-plan minimum. At $7.xx a share now it's not a bad deal. However, I wasn't sure if the 6-months to hold the stock was before delivery (November?) or negotiation once it switches to the dealer (May?). So buying the stock may not be an option.

However, paying $25-$50 for Mustang Club of America membership to get ~$1,200 off my FE? That's a no-brainer. I'm now a member.

Now I still need to make sure my dealer won't charge ADM and will take the X-Plan. If that discussion doesn't go well, I have other 4 more dealers nearby to choose from!

Thanks all!
I had no idea about this stuff until I read this forum. Once you join you have to request a PIN number. It is emailed immediately. Keep that email as it has your code for the X plan

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Yeah it is a nice discount but for base model not so much. I did 45k - 2% = $44100 +275 = 44375 . So total discount was only 625

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Isn't usually you pay dealer invoice minus the % of the plan? Sounds like the dealer still makes a handsome profit here from anyone with the plan that walks in.
Sponsored