Adaptive Cruise Control is hallucinating...

hartmms

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500, Mach-e GT-PE
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I had this issue also a couple of months ago. I haven't seen it happen recently on the couple of times I've been on the freeway in the past 2 weeks.
Sponsored

me-stang

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Select, 2013 Explorer, 2013 Edge
Occupation
Software engineer
Country flag
Has anyone else experienced this?

When I am in Blue Cruise (or just normal adaptive cruise control) the car will start slowing down for a vehicle that doesn't exist, and then apply the emergency brake assist... and then start to speed up again. I can see on the screen it shows that a vehicle is detected ahead, but sometimes the highway will be completely empty in front of me. Hoping for any insights as to how others have rectified this problem, or if you have experienced something similar.

Highly annoying...
Not consistently, it happen for first time this weekend on NJ turnpike, slight decline into shadow from overhead sign seemed to be the trigger.

SalsabyJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Musician
Country flag
Has anyone else experienced this?

When I am in Blue Cruise (or just normal adaptive cruise control) the car will start slowing down for a vehicle that doesn't exist, and then apply the emergency brake assist... and then start to speed up again. I can see on the screen it shows that a vehicle is detected ahead, but sometimes the highway will be completely empty in front of me. Hoping for any insights as to how others have rectified this problem, or if you have experienced something similar.

Highly annoying...
Have not seen that on my '23 Premium. One thing to check would be if there is some dirt on the cameras that's fooling the cruise control system...
J
Sponsored