First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I use adaptive cruise control with lane centering a lot and I think it is pretty good. It appears to me that the only change with Blue Cruise is I will be able to completely turn loose of the steering wheel for long periods of time without the thing beeping at tme. Are there other improvements to Blue Cruise I am not aware of. Even with this I am really looking forward to Blue Cruise.
Along with BlueCruise is driver gaze monitoring. The car will try to verify that you are looking at the road ahead and not being distracted or falling asleep.
Sponsored

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
Does that adaptive control slow down if the curve is too sharp?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I love it also. However, it kinda sucks in stop and go traffic. If the guy in front of me speeds up then hits the brakes hard during stop and go then then so does my Mustang. It mimics the driver in front of me. Drives me crazy.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I rented Toyota Camry that had it and instantly fell in love with it. I rented at the Charlotte, SC airport and drove 2 round trips between there and Myrtle Beach. Can't wait to use it on my own car.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
NO. It also does not recognize red lights Or turns
turns and red lights is too complicated. As for anticipating the curve and adjusting speed accordingly - that is quite straightforward automation task.

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
NO. It also does not recognize red lights Or turns
It's been my experience that on freeways with shaper turns and transitions from one freeway to another it does slow down. Sometimes dramatically.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
I use adaptive cruise control with lane centering a lot and I think it is pretty good. It appears to me that the only change with Blue Cruise is I will be able to completely turn loose of the steering wheel for long periods of time without the thing beeping at tme. Are there other improvements to Blue Cruise I am not aware of. Even with this I am really looking forward to Blue Cruise.
I am also really looking forward to Blue Cruise, as I have also found the lane centering assist works quite well, especially on slightly curvy roads. On longer trips involving interstates and state highways, I find that my hands are basically "along for the ride" on the steering wheel, with LCA doing most of the work. Overall, I've been finding the MME very relaxing to drive on longer trips.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
That is brave of you Sir. I drive I-4 from Lakeland to Seffner daily and my biggest fear is how well these features will work on I4. I’ve lived in other parts of the country and fully understand why I4 is the most dangerous stretch of highway in the country.

will you let us know how it goes?
I was only on I-4 for 4 miles but yeah it is dangerous for traffic and cars being shot at!! I didn’t turn on the cruise control until I got to hwy 429. I mostly use the ACC without lane centering turned on.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
One thing I am very impressed by is the adaptive cruise control.
I do like the adaptive part when I am coming up on somebody, or I'm in left lane, and somebody pulls from right lane in front of me suddenly....

BUT, I do wish I could set the 'buffer distance' way tighter. On my local Interstate (posted 75) people tend to jump into gaps that are anything more than 4 car lengths.... even at 85 mph, which is the average speed in both lanes. It makes it a bit awkward if you are cooking along at 84 mph in the left lane with a string behind you all going 84, and somebody jumps from right to left in the gap, and adaptive slows you down to create a giant buffer, which somebody else will jump into.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
I do like the adaptive part when I am coming up on somebody, or I'm in left lane, and somebody pulls from right lane in front of me suddenly....

BUT, I do wish I could set the 'buffer distance' way tighter. On my local Interstate (posted 75) people tend to jump into gaps that are anything more than 4 car lengths.... even at 85 mph, which is the average speed in both lanes. It makes it a bit awkward if you are cooking along at 84 mph in the left lane with a string behind you all going 84, and somebody jumps from right to left in the gap, and adaptive slows you down to create a giant buffer, which somebody else will jump into.
That is psychological. In reality keeping a longer distance is much better then not letting anybody merge in front of you in terms of safety and also in terms of getting to you destination faster.

SeaKayaker4Life

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD in Rapid Red
Occupation
I Do Software
Country flag
BUT, I do wish I could set the 'buffer distance' way tighter.
I assume you have set the following distance (using button on steering wheel) to the minimum=1 bar? I didn’t try 1 bar but 3 bars is about 2.5 seconds following distance (really the minimum safe distance) and 4 bars is 3.5 seconds.

I think the car defaults to 4, so if you haven’t changed it, ACC would definitely leave a big gap.

rzanzerkia

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Acura TL, 2016 MB GLE350, 2021 Mach-e Premium
Country flag
First time I had adaptive cruise control was on Prius Prime (which was good but not great).
Next I had it on 2019 Acura MDX which was good but some time gave false break warnings.

The day I picked up Mach-E I drove 65 miles (mostly highway) and enabled Blue Cruise.
WOW! It is fantastic.
I had not read instructions or anything, enabled cruise control and BC activates by itself.
It was so intuitive, easy to engage and re-engage (after lane changes).
It stays active most part with totally hands free (not like other systems where you have to hold the steering wheel every 2 min).
When Blue Cruise turns off it defaults to adaptive
Sponsored

Last edited: