harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I’m glad this is starting to work out for people. But with this being such a pain, why couldn’t we just have a select picture for profile button on the app and be able to pick what ever you want... can’t be that hard can it?
It would be handy if you could use the app to edit all profile settings. I was thinking radio favourites would be handy to change from the phone
i agree 100%. The steps required to make it work seems there must be a better way. i have not ever been able to get mine to work and have just given up.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
i agree 100%. The steps required to make it work seems there must be a better way. i have not ever been able to get mine to work and have just given up.
It seems should be able to pick any pic and upload it. If I want to change it have to do all this again? What if I don't want the same picture as my contact? Very complicated process for something trivial I got it to work once. Now want to change it. Uggghhh

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I hope this may be helpful to Android users. I'm using Android 8 and I finally got the photo of my choice into the car.

I hadn't been aware of this, but my phone's contact list has an entry entitled "me". On my phone, an Android 8, this is located at the top of the list of contacts in my contact list. I edited this to be exactly the same as my Fordpass account - same first and last names, mobile phone number, email address and photograph that I wanted to use. I then removed all other contact list entries that contained my name or mobile number. This was all done on the phone up to this point.

I then removed the contact list that was in the car, so that the car had no phone contacts. Next I uploaded my current contact list (containing the "me" entry that matches Fordpass) to the car. I then noticed that, for the first time, the car had the photo associated with my name in the contact list. Now the photo was also available as a choice for editing my profile in the car and I successfully chose it as my profile photo.

It seems that what made the above procedure successful was that I finally understood that the car is looking for the credentials contained in the "me" entry. I think its also necessary to have all other instances of your name, etc. removed from the contact list. If this was ever explained in any of the Ford "instructions" I never saw it.
I have Android 11. I have no "Me" entry in Contacts. On my phone, I have "Your Info" in settings, and I went into that and set the FordPass email address and phone number. Note that this doesn't appear in contacts at all.

Didn't work.

Ford should have clearly spelled out instructions. This is ridiculous.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I have Android 11. I have no "Me" entry in Contacts. On my phone, I have "Your Info" in settings, and I went into that and set the FordPass email address and phone number. Note that this doesn't appear in contacts at all.

Didn't work.

Ford should have clearly spelled out instructions. This is ridiculous.
Ford can't give you instructions for how to use your phone. What kind of phone is it? You need to set it in the contacts app. Not the settings.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford can't give you instructions for how to use your phone. What kind of phone is it? You need to set it in the contacts app. Not the settings.
I know how to use my phone. Google Pixel 4A. The Contacts app is synchronized with Google Contacts.

I can click on Settings in the Contact App, and then Your Info (which has my name), and have the same name "Rick" as in my profile. I set a phone number, email address (both to match FordPass just in case), and picture. Doesn't change anything.

Ford can't be looking for a contact with "Rick", because that would mean I'd have to delete all "Rick" contacts and there are a handful.

Trevor

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4EX
Occupation
Comms
Country flag
this works perfectly. when it says set up as your contact photo it doesn't mean that you have to add yourself to your contacts. You need to add your photo to your "contact card", is what it is called in iOS. I have a samsung though. When you go in to your contacts app there is a picture at the top (or I had an empty question mark circle). Hitting that opens your profile where you can set your contact card picture. Once that is set up go in to the phones section of the car settings, go to your phone and resend contacts. Now you can go in to your profile in the car and the picture will be available.
Thanks for the info. My Samsung Z Fold 2 5G is due back from repair on Monday. (Not sure if the wireless charging pad caused the fault). couldn't get it working initially, so will try this.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I know how to use my phone. Google Pixel 4A. The Contacts app is synchronized with Google Contacts.

I can click on Settings in the Contact App, and then Your Info (which has my name), and have the same name "Rick" as in my profile. I set a phone number, email address (both to match FordPass just in case), and picture. Doesn't change anything.

Ford can't be looking for a contact with "Rick", because that would mean I'd have to delete all "Rick" contacts and there are a handful.
Apparently on pixel it's the picture associated with your google account

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'll give that a try, put a picture of my homebrew in my Google profile (I don't have my name in it, and don't plan on putting it or my picture). We'll see if that works. If not, it's too much time wasted already.

Thanks.

Did not work.

Last edited:

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I ran into this issue with one iPhone working fine and the other not finding the profile picture. Searched the non-working iPhone contacts by name (no duplicates) and then by phone number (a duplicate with a nickname contact) which I removed and then it all worked after reloading the contacts.

Beeamybee

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-e
Country flag
Thanks for the info. My Samsung Z Fold 2 5G is due back from repair on Monday. (Not sure if the wireless charging pad caused the fault). couldn't get it working initially, so will try this.
Struggled with this alot today. I have a Samsung s10. So on the one at the top of my contact list, I selected "profile picture sharing" then "phone number" then three dots on the top right then "remove". Then refreshed contact list under profile sharing. Next, i added a new contact with my phone number and a picture. The name of my contact didn't matter. Then on my mach e, I deleted all contacts and then reloaded them. Searched for my fake name, clicked it and saw a picture displayed. Then tried to set up the profile photo and ta da! The picture was able to be selected. I think the Samsungs main phone contact glitches it somehow.

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I’ve struggled with this for months. My wife’s profile photo works but mine is always blank.

I was able to get it to work by sending my settings from FordPass to my car. I saw a button to do this in the My News tiles at the bottom of the Home tab. I’m not sure how to get that to appear. In my case, I had removed and re-added the vehicle to fix another problem.

In any case, after I tapped that button, the photo from my contact card on my iPhone finally showed up in the car!

I’m still not sure what the profile photo at the top of the Account tab does. I can’t get that one to show up as an option in the car. But at least I can use my contact card photo.

Here’s the button I tapped (on the left):

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding a profile photo?? 7E90DB6C-3C6C-49B8-AB12-D591CC4EA134
Sponsored