Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi Markboris,
You helped me well last time with ambient lighting in the doors.
I want to try to connect ambient lighting under the armrest.
Removing the center console vent panel gives you good access here. I want to connect the lighting to the wiring loom in the front footwell passenger. See photo.
Can you advise me what color I can use for positive and negative? So that the lights turn off automatically just like in the doors? Or is there a better place to connect?

IMG_3936.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG
Hi Nico, sorry for getting back to you later than I expected. You to use the back plug shown in your photo above. Connect your positive side to the Violet/Gray wire (it is in the middle of the plug) and the negative to either of the Black/Blue wires. This will power up your LED with the ambient lighting. You probably should remove some of the black cloth wrap around those wires as it will be difficult to get to that Violet/Gray wire in the middle if you don't. Let me know if you have any issues.

MachE-Iconic

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 S line Avant and Ford Focus Station 2019
Country flag
Hi Mark,
The photo speaks for itself. Thanks for your help

IMG_3979.JPG

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You are welcome. Did you use your own LED or buy the OEM one? It looks good.

MachE-Iconic

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The LED is the same one from Amazon that you used for the rear doors.
The Ice Blue LED strip, I just shortened one.

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nice. I have to get more to do my GT when it comes in next month. Now I just have to remember how I did it. Guess I can look at this thread. ?

rgbeffa

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
Question.. I just purchased a 2021 MME & it is the select model. I went to order a premium model and the dealer just happened to get in a Select model the next day, so I took delivery of that one. With the select, I don't have the Ambient Lighting feature. Am I able to order the parts and turn the flag on to enable ambient lighting in the software for the touch screen to add it as a feature? If so, do you know where I can get part numbers and instructions to turn on Ambient Lighting?

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While I am sure you can retrofit your Select to have ambient lighting like a Premium, it would cost quite a bit of money and time to do. The wiring in the door is different (no wires in the loom for the ambient lighting) the door modules are different and of course the lighting itself is not there. Not to mention like you said, you would have to program the BCM to activate the ambient lighting once you installed everything.

I helped Nico (MachE-Iconic) add ambient lighting to his Select. He had some issues with the front driver's door but don't remember how he got it working. I would contact him and I maybe he can help you out.

rgbeffa

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach e
Occupation
IT Manager
Country flag
While I am sure you can retrofit your Select to have ambient lighting like a Premium, it would cost quite a bit of money and time to do. The wiring in the door is different (no wires in the loom for the ambient lighting) the door modules are different and of course the lighting itself is not there. Not to mention like you said, you would have to program the BCM to activate the ambient lighting once you installed everything.

I helped Nico (MachE-Iconic) add ambient lighting to his Select. He had some issues with the front driver's door but don't remember how he got it working. I would contact him and I maybe he can help you out.

thanks - always helpful information. Debating just tying/splicing some ambient led lighting it into a power source vs the oem route. I’m definitely throwing the gt suspension & some wheels on this guy. I’m not a fan of the premium aero cover wheels that came on the vehicle

MachE4Life

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Hi Mark,
The photo speaks for itself. Thanks for your help

Ford Mustang Mach-E Adding ambient lighting in the rear door storage area IMG_3979.JPG
This looks great. I just purchased my wife a Mach E and its an amazing car. She was fairly upset the car didn't have ambient lighting and I would like to surprise her with this feature. Can you send over the product you used to wire the vehicle? Thanks!

OP
OP
markboris

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This looks great. I just purchased my wife a Mach E and its an amazing car. She was fairly upset the car didn't have ambient lighting and I would like to surprise her with this feature. Can you send over the product you used to wire the vehicle? Thanks!
Hi Kevin, I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "product to wire the car"? The first post in this thread explains how I did this mod and a link to the LED strip I purchased from Amazon but you can use any similar item.

Mach-E DK

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Nico, were you able to make it work in the front passenger door? If so, the only issue you are having is with the drivers door, correct? If you can find a blue wire with a green stripe, try that for the positive. Unfortunately, I am leaving today for a few days and will not be back until Tuesday so I cannot look into this into more detail until then but keep me informed.
I drive a Mach-e RWD-ST and this car does not have ambient lighting.
I applied your idea in the backdoors and it works great. The drivers door has only 3 wires in the switch instead of 4. White/Blue for positive is present but negative is not. Could you help me which of the other colors I could use now.
Then I can also have ambient lighting on the front doors.
Did you figure out what wires to use ?… Could really need some guidance as I will get the LEDs next week ?

MachE-Iconic

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The front doors of my Mach-e RWD Select where different.
The Passenger door has four wires in the plug for the switch.
The two wires that i used for my led are purple/white for positive and green brown for negative.
On the drivers door I used the wires from the memory console.
The wires that worked for me are blue/green for positive and black/purple for negative.

sabre7844

First Name
andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mme rwd extended range
Country flag
Hi Markboris,
You helped me well last time with ambient lighting in the doors.
I want to try to connect ambient lighting under the armrest.
Removing the center console vent panel gives you good access here. I want to connect the lighting to the wiring loom in the front footwell passenger. See photo.
Can you advise me what color I can use for positive and negative? So that the lights turn off automatically just like in the doors? Or is there a better place to connect?

IMG_3936.JPG

IMG_3937.JPG
o
Hi Nico, sorry for getting back to you later than I expected. You to use the back plug shown in your photo above. Connect your positive side to the Violet/Gray wire (it is in the middle of the plug) and the negative to either of the Black/Blue wires. This will power up your LED with the ambient lighting. You probably should remove some of the black cloth wrap around those wires as it will be difficult to get to that Violet/Gray wire in the middle if you don't. Let me know if you have any issues.

Hi guys,
I took your advice and used the + - from the black junction box.
Unless I have done something wrong or tapped into wrong wires my foot well LEDs can be controlled on/off whilst the ignition is off but as soon as I turn the ignition on(foot on brake pedal) the lights remain on during the day and don't switch off at all any ideas please