dhoerl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Police banged on door late last night - woke everyone up - my 2021 Mach-E lost its mind and was triggering the car alarm every half hour, and neighbor (rightfully) called the police. I had my iPhone on the bedstead next to me - but nothing!

Don't be like me! If you use the iPhone's "Focus" to disable notifications during the night (to avoid getting spam calls at 3AM), then allow FordPass to contact you anytime:

-> Settings
-> Focus
-> Do Not Disturb
-> Allow Notifications
-> Apps
Enable FordPass
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Amazing advice, thanks for posting. I just updated my focus settings similarly.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Or, own an Android phone, and never receive an update for anything from the app...

Richard L.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
More importantly, what was setting off the alarm? Another software glitch?

Mach-E Mach

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Premium AWD ER Mach-E Job 2; 16 Chevy Colorado
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Hmm. I got a text from my neighbors at 3:30 this morning that my car alarm was going off. Going to check my settings as well.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Darned good advice. I just added “Allow FP” to my Sleep focus. 😊🐩

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
If you do this though, won’t you get a notification in the middle of that night that your charging is complete, assuming the vehicle finishes at 3:00 a.m., 4:00 a.m., etc?

OP
OP
dhoerl

dhoerl

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
If you do this though, won’t you get a notification in the middle of that night that your charging is complete, assuming the vehicle finishes at 3:00 a.m., 4:00 a.m., etc?
Fingers crossed that the alarm has a sound and charge finish does not - guess I’ll find out soon enough. I’m in a dense city now and can’t test theories on alarm.

Reactions: ARK

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yep, I think you will. I have to remember to delay my charge start time when I plug in. Or I have to put up with a 02:00 notification that I have reached charge target. 🤷‍♂️🐩

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Police banged on door late last night - woke everyone up - my 2021 Mach-E lost its mind and was triggering the car alarm every half hour, and neighbor (rightfully) called the police. I had my iPhone on the bedstead next to me - but nothing!

Don't be like me! If you use the iPhone's "Focus" to disable notifications during the night (to avoid getting spam calls at 3AM), then allow FordPass to contact you anytime:

-> Settings
-> Focus
-> Do Not Disturb
-> Allow Notifications
-> Apps
Enable FordPass
So, this was happening to me. My car was secured in my garage and alarm was going off for reasons that I could only determine to be some glitch. I talked with the Over the Air Dept at Ford and this seems to be a known issue and was given two patch numbers or modual numbers that I was to give the service dept. at my dealership (I apologize If I used the incorrect terminology), what's important here is that one of the "patches" was to turn off the interior motion sensor and the dealership did not advise doing that and I agreed. This issue was something about individual door modules.. At any rate, my car no longer triggers in the middle of the night, which is the goal here. Here is the number to the Ford OTA Dept. 1-833-926-3233.

FordFamily

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium, 2005 Escape Hybrid
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You all are so helpful (and knowledgeable even...). There are probably 10,000 "Settings" in this Mustang-iPhone-on-wheels. I have to read this forum daily to make all these little connections. And I, like all the rest of us, depend on your expertise...even if I do not understand all the darned initials!

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag

-> Settings
-> Focus
-> Do Not Disturb
-> Allow Notifications
-> Apps
Enable FordPass
Take your car to your dealer and mention program 23P08 to get your door modules updated ASAP. That should stop the false alarms. Tell them they police got called because of the alarm going off.
Sponsored