Sburgoon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Premium
Country flag
Anyone else seeing this? Has never happened before and I have security cameras everywhere so I know for sure no one came near it. Alarm is just randomly going off suddenly as of the 6.7.0 update. Is there a way to see a log of what set it off at least? I don’t even get a notification, it just suddenly starts going.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sburgoon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Premium
Country flag
Ugh, happened again even with sensors turned off. Really wish there was a way to just turn it off. I’m sure my neighbors are thrilled.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
You might try pulling fuse 20 from the BCM fuse box.

Remove the glove box, then pop off the panel right under neath it. There's fuses behind there and according to my information fuse 20 is for the alarm horn.

Fuse 12 in the same box is the entire alarm, not just the horn, but be advised that it will also disable the keypad on the driver door and the door activation switches on the driver side.

If I remember correctly some people reported that it might not disable the horn completely, but it should make the horn less loud.

OP
OP

Sburgoon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Premium
Country flag
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll give that a shot if it keeps happening tonight. For now I’m just leaving it unlocked and hoping that’s enough to get me to the dealer, though I’m not optimistic it will be an easy fix sadly.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Reasons for alarm is randomly going off:
  • Flying insect in car (moth)
  • Rodent in car (mouse)
  • Low 12V battery

OP
OP

Sburgoon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Premium
Country flag
Hmmm. Rodent is always possible where we live. I’ll look closer tomorrow. Motion sensors were in theory off, but I don’t trust that setting anyway.

Hopefully my dealer can look at it tomorrow. So far so good leaving it unlocked, which I’m guessing rules out the 12v battery.

Arsenic17

First Name
Arsenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT 2023 Vapor Blue
Country flag
Could also be a faulty door sensor (botched by the update?). The car thinks the lock door is opening and triggers the alarm. Thought I read that happening before on some MME.

OP
OP

Sburgoon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 2021 Premium
Country flag
It was a mouse. It jumped out and terrified my wife as we were pulling out to take it in. Now to get it out. We got it out into the roof and it scurried down next to the wiper and disappeared inside again. No idea how it got in to begin with. I’m weirdly impressed, but good call on it being a rodent!

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
I had the same thing happen, except in my case it was a baby rat. I was able to get it out and sprayed the hell out of the wheel wells with peppermint.

Thanks for reminding me to spray it again, just in time for Christmas. *shudder*

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It was a mouse. It jumped out and terrified my wife as we were pulling out to take it in. Now to get it out. We got it out into the roof and it scurried down next to the wiper and disappeared inside again. No idea how it got in to begin with. I’m weirdly impressed, but good call on it being a rodent!
Sigh... wish people would read the manual. Page 163:

We advise that you store all uneaten cheese, shrimp, and hot wings in the frunk to avoid setting off the motion sensors. This is why we don't let you permanently turn off the sensors, @Mirak!
Sponsored