Kneebeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Ok; the other string to look for would be "This vehicle doesn't support OTA updates". If that's the case, you caught an old bug and need to wipe data log in again.
Can't seem to find that string. I'm guessing the problem might be on the Ford side?
Sponsored

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
What would it take to replace the vector graphic with an image of the actual vehicle?
Without trying to sound flippant, "an image of the actual vehicle"; I'm not aware of anything I can pull from Ford's servers like that, though.
The compromise would be trying to set the SVG's fill color using info read from the servers. I'm not sure how feasible that is (widgets have fewer API features) and how that would work with using colors to indicate open frunk/hatch/doors.

PeZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Standard Range A Premium Infinite Blue
Country flag
Without trying to sound flippant, "an image of the actual vehicle"; I'm not aware of anything I can pull from Ford's servers like that, though.
The compromise would be trying to set the SVG's fill color using info read from the servers. I'm not sure how feasible that is (widgets have fewer API features) and how that would work with using colors to indicate open frunk/hatch/doors.
I understand!

I saw a variant of DevSecOps widget and just thought it would be cool.. I have no idea how he made it with the visuals of opened doors and such though.

Link:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-widget-more-complex.13588/page-2#post-330157

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Before posting something on GitHub, I wanted to see if this is a me issue or not. I switched over to the Play Store version; however, this was something that's been happening for the last several versions of the non-Play Store version. The widget will show that it updated correctly in the "triple-tap" popup but the widget will not visually update until I click to open the app and go back to the home screen. Basically the data within the app is correct, but the widget is not visually updating until I open the app and close it.

I have battery savings turned off. I'm using Nova Launcher on Samsung S20+. I don't know if this is an issue with Nova or a setting that can be tweaked in the build of the app itself. Has anyone else noticed this?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
the widget will not visually update until I click to open the app and go back to the home screen. Basically the data within the app is correct, but the widget is not visually updating until I open the app and close it.

I have battery savings turned off. I'm using Nova Launcher on Samsung S20+. I don't know if this is an issue with Nova or a setting that can be tweaked in the build of the app itself. Has anyone else noticed this?
I am also using NOVA Launcher and have noticed the same issue. I have not spent the time to try to figure it out, and I am not on the latest version right now.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am also using NOVA Launcher and have noticed the same issue. I have not spent the time to try to figure it out, and I am not on the latest version right now.
Interesting; I'm also using Nova but can't say I noticed this. If one or both of you can enable logging and then upload the logs to GitHub I can see if the update widget code is being called when it should.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Before posting something on GitHub, I wanted to see if this is a me issue or not....
Yep, it's a bug. It's caused by a vehicle in the FordPass account that doesn't support status updates. I'm close to pushing out the next version, so I'll work a fix for this into it.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting; I'm also using Nova but can't say I noticed this. If one or both of you can enable logging and then upload the logs to GitHub I can see if the update widget code is being called when it should.
For me it is intermittent and I am not sure it has anything to due with Nova. I have not taken the time to really troubleshoot it.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For me it is intermittent and I am not sure it has anything to due with Nova. I have not taken the time to really troubleshoot it.
It's not Nova, it's a definite bug. Do you have more than one car under your FordPass account?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
It's only been happening over the past couple of days.
Sponsored