Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I am wondering if it is possible to use what you did to create something similar in my Hubitat environment. It would be really cool to put my SOCD and charging status on one of my Hubitat dashboards.
What charger do you have?
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
What charger do you have?
Emporia. It connects to Emporia servers and I can monitor all my home power usage with their app, including the charger.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Emporia. It connects to Emporia servers and I can monitor all my home power usage with their app, including the charger.
So while it's a complex solution (I tend to like the harder ways as evident by this thread) emporia can be pulled into grafana and you can display grafana on a HE dashboard.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So while it's a complex solution (I tend to like the harder ways as evident by this thread) emporia can be pulled into grafana and you can display grafana on a HE dashboard.
Hmmm. Well I think I am going to check that out. Never heard of grafana before, but it looks like I might be able to use it to graph all my home power use. Now that would be really cool, because the Emporia app isn't so great.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Hmmm. Well I think I am going to check that out. Never heard of grafana before, but it looks like I might be able to use it to graph all my home power use. Now that would be really cool, because the Emporia app isn't so great.
Or get yourself a rpi4, install home assistant and unlock the power of doing it all in your home.

I happen to be a moderator for another energy monitor and have lots of posts about integration of home energy monitors with home assistant.

I would be more than happy to help you set it up over WebEx or the phone Mike.

Last edited:

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You and your smart toilet
I hear raves about smart toilets. Or at least toilets with a bidet. The Japanese have figured out how to warm, sooth, and make the entire experience like a spa for the

I better stop now.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Or get yourself a rpi4, install home assistant and unlock the power of doing it all in your home.

I happen to be a moderator for another energy monitor and have lots of posts about integration of home energy monitors with home assistant.

I would be more than happy to help you set it up over WebEx or the phone Mike.
I have thought long and hard about getting into Raspberry. I have done development work for fun for many years. Would never call myself a developer, but I have the aptitude.

The problem is I am remodeling my kitchen. My job is really demanding. And I have a lot of time and effort invested into Hubitat. I built some really cool automations that control my HVAC, lights, etc. I know, sunk cost, but still.

Todd, maybe after my kitchen remodel is done, I will take you up on your offer. It really sounds like fun. Seriously.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I have thought long and hard about getting into Raspberry. I have done development work for fun for many years. Would never call myself a developer, but I have the aptitude.

The problem is I am remodeling my kitchen. My job is really demanding. And I have a lot of time and effort invested into Hubitat. I built some really cool automations that control my HVAC, lights, etc. I know, sunk cost, but still.

Todd, maybe after my kitchen remodel is done, I will take you up on your offer. It really sounds like fun. Seriously.
You don't need to get rid of Hubitat. They work together. HA just enhances HE. I have both running and HE handles all my zwave and zigbee. I have 59 devices that I send from HE into HA.

Ford Mustang Mach-E [Guide] Android MME Widget [More Complex] 1655941408746

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't need to get rid of Hubitat. They work together. HA just enhances HE. I have both running and HE handles all my zwave and zigbee. I have 59 devices that I send from HE into HA.

Ford Mustang Mach-E [Guide] Android MME Widget [More Complex] 1655941408746
Supercool. Give me 8 months....

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I hear raves about smart toilets. Or at least toilets with a bidet. The Japanese have figured out how to warm, sooth, and make the entire experience like a spa for the

I better stop now.
That's all old school now, @DevSecOps toilet has WiFi!
Sponsored