kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
Public service announcement; this morning I (abruptly) discovered that the API I was using changed, so logins and token refreshes no longer work. I'm working on updating the API calls with help from @tonesto7, so hopefully there will be a fixed version posted today.
2022.06.20 was just pushed to GitHub; Play Store should be available in a few hours. If you didn't notice an issue and had not tried to log in again on the app, you should just be able to install this and then do a "Refresh". Worst case, just log in again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A preview of things in the next release, which I'd been working on until the unanticipated API change this morning:
  1. An new option icon on the widget that will force the vehicle to refresh. Because of possible drain on the 12V battery, it has a built-in nanny which limit how many times you can do this within a 12 hour period.
  2. Each widget will separately track a vehicle. This means if you have multiple vehicles, you can have a widget for each.
Why am I teasing this? #2 above required a change in the "View OTA Information" screen to select which vehicle's OTA info is displayed (previously there was only one VIN "active" at a time). This code snuck into today's bugfix release. You probably won't notice unless you click on the "Clear Alert" button, which immediately crashes. But if you do, you've been warned.

Lesson learned today; always add new code to a secondary branch, in case you need to make emergency changes in the master branch.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
2022.06.20 was just pushed to GitHub; Play Store should be available in a few hours. If you didn't notice an issue and had not tried to log in again on the app, you should just be able to install this and then do a "Refresh". Worst case, just log in again.
Crashing every time I try to clear the OTA info. Started with the update. I will email you my crash log as I don't have a GitHub account.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Read my post, right before yours.
HAHA (insert facepalm), guess I should read the newest posts before posting. Thanks for all you are doing for this. I will just keep the OTA green and swipe away the notifications until the next release. :)

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Off-topic (sort of): I started this and got sidetracked so never officially posted here (the URL got stuck inside another message by accident). If you have a minute, and don't mind going to a site which doesn't support https :/, I wanted to get an idea of how the app is being used. The poll is open until 6/22 and I'll post results at the conclusion.

http://www.polljunkie.com/poll/qrqdxf/app-usage
bump

Reactions: PeZ

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Car at dealer. Two smaller widgets show doors or windows open? Original shows no change.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220622-142323_One UI Home

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Car at dealer. Two smaller widgets show doors or windows open? Original shows no change.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220622-142323_One UI Home
Smaller widgets are showing the windows open. Larger widget is showing a bug.
I used the incorrect resource IDs for the window icons. Fixed for next release. đź‘Ť

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Smaller widgets are showing the windows open. Larger widget is showing a bug.
I used the incorrect resource IDs for the window icons. Fixed for next release. đź‘Ť
Impressed with your speed of response! I hoped having all 3 versions on one screen might be useful. I was a system tester at one stage of my career...

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Curiosity: car is at dealer, on, 4 new tires fitted, now headed to alignment. Yet tires pressures are not current.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220622-163940_One UI Home

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Curiosity: car is at dealer, on, 4 new tires fitted, now headed to alignment. Yet tires pressures are not current.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Android Widget for Mach-E [Less Complex] Screenshot_20220622-163940_One UI Home
I haven't seen this myself, but have seen multiple times after an OTA update that the vehicle reports bogus data for a while.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Off-topic (sort of): I started this and got sidetracked so never officially posted here (the URL got stuck inside another message by accident). If you have a minute, and don't mind going to a site which doesn't support https :/, I wanted to get an idea of how the app is being used. The poll is open until 6/22 and I'll post results at the conclusion.
Final results are here. Thanks to everyone who responded.

OP
OP
kennelh

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@tonesto7 discovered that Ford changed their login authentication process, which means you cannot log into your account from the widget. Token refreshes and status accesses still work. Just to be safe, save your settings so in case something should happen, you can restore to get the current tokens back.
Sponsored