Another Law Enforcement Mach-E GT Ordered

Thor2j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT , Ford Raptor
Country flag
We ordered the GT version without the glass roof and extended battery. I will post more information as the production of the vehicle moves forward.
FYI, all GT/GTPE come with extended battery.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DeputyMach-E

DeputyMach-E

First Name
DeputyMach-E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
Deputy - Here is a law enforcement question. For safety the Mach-E produces the Pedestrian Alert sounds. Could (temporarly) disabling these sounds - (making the Mach-E very quiet) aid in crime fighting? Has anyone thought about or considered this?
No need for this. Everyone has their head in their cellphones so I sneak up on people all the time.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
Why choose the GT over the other less costly AWD options? Seems like for a law enforcement use case longer range and slightly less power would be beneficial.
I would imagine the easiest explanation i can think of; is that most police/law enforcement agencies already have vehicle contracts with either Ford or Dodge since they are the major providers to them. The auto-manufacturers themselves have to produce the PPV (Police Pursuit Vehicle) ready to go essentially and then have that vehicle PPV "qualified" based on certain parameters they already have the knowledge of. Since Dodge doesn't really have any equivalency, Ford was just the natural option in the EV space.

Last edited:

OP
OP
DeputyMach-E

DeputyMach-E

First Name
DeputyMach-E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
I would imagine the easiest explanation i can think of; is that most police/law enforcement agencies already have vehicle contracts with either Ford or Dodge since they are the major providers to them. The auto-manufacturers themselves have to produce the PPV (Police Pursuit Vehicle) ready to go essentially and then have that vehicle PPV "qualified" based on certain parameters they already have the knowledge of. Since Dodge doesn't really have any equivalency, Ford was just the natural option in the EV space.
joes723 you are 100% correct! We have a Government contract with Ford so selecting the Mach-E GT for our LEO use was pretty easy. We did try to order an F-150 Lighting and were told it would be two years to get it. Also, we have many other Electric Vehicles in our HoCo Government Fleet that are driven by other departments.

machefan2022

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CalRt1
Country flag
joes723 you are 100% correct! We have a Government contract with Ford so selecting the Mach-E GT for our LEO use was pretty easy. We did try to order an F-150 Lighting and were told it would be two years to get it. Also, we have many other Electric Vehicles in our HoCo Government Fleet that are driven by other departments.
I was speaking more to getting a GT instead of say a California Route 1 or premium AWD.

This is more of a rhetorical question, I know the answer. I worked in state and local government for a number of years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeputyMach-E

DeputyMach-E

First Name
DeputyMach-E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
Just checking in.. I am still lurking and learning a lot about the Mach E on this forum. We ordered the Mach E GT on 10/11/2022 and still don't VIN. We have had our build date changed and now there is no even build date listed. Needless to say we are not holding our breath about even getting the vehicle.

ReelSweet

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your delay....have you considered searching around your area for one that's already built on a lot? (not even sure if there are any in your area).

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your delay....have you considered searching around your area for one that's already built on a lot? (not even sure if there are any in your area).
Law Enforcement can only order a special version of the Mach-E for police use that's similar, but not identical, to that offered to civilians.

This is so, a couple of years from now, these will appear at government auctions for the updated version of this scene from the Blues Brothers.

OP
OP
DeputyMach-E

DeputyMach-E

First Name
DeputyMach-E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
HoCo Deputy Sheriff
Country flag
I/we have searched however with no luck. We are looking for the specific version of the GT, without the glass roof in the color black from a dealer we have a contract with. With that combination it makes it difficult to find one on a lot.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I/we have searched however with no luck. We are looking for the specific version of the GT, without the glass roof in the color black from a dealer we have a contract with. With that combination it makes it difficult to find one on a lot.
I think the metal roof is key - the cabin stays warmer in the winter, and cooler in the summer. I am glad I didn't get the glass roof.

Good luck with your order! You will love the car.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Just checking in.. I am still lurking and learning a lot about the Mach E on this forum. We ordered the Mach E GT on 10/11/2022 and still don't VIN. We have had our build date changed and now there is no even build date listed. Needless to say we are not holding our breath about even getting the vehicle.
That's surprising. I can't imagine there is anything different about a MME GT built for use as a law enforcement vehicle that would exclude it from the normal build process timeline. I ordered a MME GT (non performance) on 2/6 and received my build date and VIN a few weeks ago. Perhaps there's a differentiation in Ford's build scheduling for personal sales vs commercial/governmental?

Either way, can't wait to see what it ends up looking like after the upfitting is complete. A MME as a police cruiser will certainly garner attention, and perhaps convert a few EV skeptics along the way.

Thanks for all you do (unless you're behind me with the lights on).

Be safe.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Unfortunately, the glass roof is now standard on the GT, which makes a metal roof GT or GT-PE unobtanium. The only way to get a GT with a metal roof now is to find a 2021 that was not optioned with the metal roof. This is why I voted “no” in the poll asking if I would buy the same car again. I’m not giving up my metal roof. 🤔🐩
Sponsored