John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
You know, that screen is so much bigger than the screen on my Escape . . . I would love a future update to allow a split screen with CarPlay (so I could run Waze for alerts) and the Ford Nav beside it for charging stations when on a trip.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
H
You know, that screen is so much bigger than the screen on my Escape . . . I would love a future update to allow a split screen with CarPlay (so I could run Waze for alerts) and the Ford Nav beside it for charging stations when on a trip.
hmmm, or Ford could just include waze capabilities and features on their nav. Best of both worlds. I’m sure google would sell the API to them.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
H
hmmm, or Ford could just include waze capabilities and features on their nav. Best of both worlds. I’m sure google would sell the API to them.
Actually I think Waze is compatible with Ford's AppLink so you kind of get both.
Primarily what I am looking for is the crowd sourced alerts. Both police and accident alerts. Waze has saved me LOTS of time by rerouting around accidents.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I know I've seen Ford reps comment on the fact that you get "the best of both worlds" due to Android Auto/Apple Carplay integration, and the ability to use them along side built-in apps, such as Maps. I am curious how this will play out with Navigation though.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
During the sync4a webinar Darren Palmer talked about how he loves Waze and that you as a driver can easily use that or the built in Nav.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Primarily what I am looking for is the crowd sourced alerts. Both police and accident alerts. Waze has saved me LOTS of time by rerouting around accidents.
Waze has saved me a ton from driving a bit too spirited when there's a policeman hiding. I don't expect that behavior to change when I get a GT
Sponsored