jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Couldn't an electric car that is connected like the MME be immediately disabled once you've found it's been stolen? Seems to me it'd be as easy as remotely shutting it down (gradually of course), making it worthless to the thief.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Couldn't an electric car that is connected like the MME be immediately disabled once you've found it's been stolen? Seems to me it'd be as easy as remotely shutting it down (gradually of course), making it worthless to the thief.
Through the authorities, yes. You wouldn't want a pissed off boyfriend screwing with you.

We should also be able to see where our own cars are on the app. Feedback like this should be quite easy.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
I'm assuming The MME has some sort of built-in anti-theft/GPS tracking/phone home if stolen protection.

What is it and can the average 14 year old defeat it in the message center.... just turn it off?
You can just use FordPass to see where the thief took your car...

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Through the authorities, yes. You wouldn't want a pissed off boyfriend screwing with you.

We should also be able to see where our own cars are on the app. Feedback like this should be quite easy.
My Bolt had that ... I only know because I was going through the process trying to remove it from my app/OnStar account a couple of days ago to ensure the next owner didn't have to deal with it still being attached to me in any way, and I saw a Locate My Car button. Sure enough, it's still there on the lot (almost a month later ... hmmm...). I guess it's actually an OnStar feature.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
The FordPass App does show you where your Mach-E is, click the Map tab in the app located on the bottom row, center - your vehicle should appear on it.

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
My Bolt had that ... I only know because I was going through the process trying to remove it from my app/OnStar account a couple of days ago to ensure the next owner didn't have to deal with it still being attached to me in any way, and I saw a Locate My Car button. Sure enough, it's still there on the lot (almost a month later ... hmmm...). I guess it's actually an OnStar feature.
My daughter totaled her Chevy Sonic in December. The car STILL sends me reports on its maintenance and health, and what I find most interesting is that Nationwide totaled it, but someone has been driving it about five hundred miles each month since. Hmmm.

OP
OP
Carsinmyblood

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
My daughter totaled her Chevy Sonic in December. The car STILL sends me reports on its maintenance and health, and what I find most interesting is that Nationwide totaled it, but someone has been driving it about five hundred miles each month since. Hmmm.
Might just be that the module was swapped out to another car, they didn't know that they should wipe it.
Sponsored