Anyone know how to turn on the door button lights and other modules with FORScan?

Rotmeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I'm an Uber driver, and in my market, people REALLY struggle with the door buttons. Does anyone know of a way to activate door button lights through FORScan?

I know you can turn them on by powering the vehicle off, then opening the door and shutting the door, but rapidly shutting the vehicle off and then back on frequently makes Android Auto bug out, causing you to lose access to music and navigation.

It's also annoying to have to turn on hazard lights, power the vehicle off, open and shut the doors, unlock the doors, turn on interior lighting, etc., when it seems like it should be possible to do all that with a single button.

IN AN IDEAL WORLD, what I'd like is a single button that could
1) activate the door button lights
2) unlock the doors
3) activate the indoor courtesy lights
4) fold the rearview mirrors
5) activate the puddle lights
6) activate the hazard lights

And then deactive all that when you push it again.

I was thinking I could hook up an Arduino with a CAN bus shield, and I've had a little success, but I can't even find the module for the door lights, which is my primary objective.

Does anyone have any experience in this area, or do they know of any resources I could look through?
Sponsored

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
I would expect them to come on when the unlock button is pressed.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The door buttons light up when you press unlock. So just pull up and press unlock.

OP
OP
Rotmeat

Rotmeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
All right, well, I'm an idiot. When did this behavior change? I remember other Uber drivers being frustrated about this in late '21, and shutting the car off and opening and closing the doors was the only solution we found.

At least I can set aside another big project...

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
All right, well, I'm an idiot. When did this behavior change? I remember other Uber drivers being frustrated about this in late '21, and shutting the car off and opening and closing the doors was the only solution we found.

At least I can set aside another big project...
I recall the same, that unlock didn’t light them up! Now to verify!
Sponsored