How to get BlueCruise to turn on?

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
I just drove along Atlanta Interstate 85 and 285 (both are on Ford’s BlueCruise map), but I could not get BlueCruise to turn on. I have:

• A 2022 MME Premium
  • Ford BlueCruise Trial Expiration Date 05/20/25
  • The MME connected to my home Wi-Fi network
  • Setup Automatic Updates for everyday at 3am
  • Adaptive Cruise Control on
  • Lane Centering with Hands Free on
  • Speed Sign Recognition on

When driving I:
  • Had my hands on the wheel
  • Had my eyes on the road
  • Was not wearing sunglasses
  • Activated Adaptive Cruise Control on Interstate 85 and 285
  • Turned off and on Lane Centering using its steering wheel button
  • The Interstates had visible lane lines

In the FordPass app, under “Vehicle” > “Features & Settings” > “Software Updates” > “Recent Changes” > “May 24, 2022” says:

“What’s in this update? The Ford BlueCruise map in your vehicle has been updated so you can continue taking advantage of hands-free highway driving on more than 130,000 miles of prequalified sections of divided highways.”

I started near Gwinnett Place Mall, took Interstate 85 West, and took Interstate 285 West to Georgia State Route 400. BlueCruise would not turn on during any of these highways.

How can I get BlueCruise to turn on?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Did you enable lane centering with the button on the steering wheel? You have to have adaptive cruise control engaged and lane centering on. You should see the blue bubble around the car outside of Blue Zones.

OP
OP
rolltide

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did you enable lane centering with the button on the steering wheel? You have to have adaptive cruise control engaged and lane centering on. You should see the blue bubble around the car outside of Blue Zones.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did press the Lane Centering button on the steering wheel, which turned it off. Then I pressed it again to turn it back on.

The only circle I saw on the display was a half circle in front of the image of my MME. There were not circles around the image of my MME, like I saw on Alex on Autos BlueCruise YouTube video.

I’m guessing I don’t have the latest Ford PowerUp software update, but I do have a software update from May 24, so I’m not sure.

Last edited:

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have this issue on my 2021, BC has never worked and lane centering does not work either. When I toggle the lane button on the steering wheel from off to on, I get a message BC Not Available. I have a dealer appointment on Tuesday.

Where is the BC map? The only one I have seen is not zoomable and the Phoenix area is just a blue blob.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I did press the Lane Centering button on the steering wheel, which turned it off. Then I pressed it again to turn it back on.

The only circle I saw on the display was a half circle in front of the image of my MME. There were not circles around the image of my MME, like I saw on Alex on Autos BlueCruise YouTube video.

I’m guessing I don’t have the latest Ford PowerUp software update, but I do have a software update from May 24, so I’m not sure.
Sounds like Lane Centering is not working on your car. I don't think there is anything you can do except go back to your dealer and see if they can find a way to fix it. I don't think BC will work without LC.

Even if you get LC to work, BlueCruise still might be broken. That is the status of my car. It says it has BC, the menu settings exist, I live in a large metro area that presumably has many BC roads but still won't work.

In your case, you paid for it so the dealership should be required to make it work somehow.

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
On your center display; Look under general, about sync and see if the bluecruise maps are updated. If not you’ll either have to wait for the OTA update or go to the dealership to get the maps updated. When I got my ‘22 GTPE 05/09 the maps expired 03/14 and I waited a few weeks and it updated itself.

OP
OP
rolltide

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On your center display; Look under general, about sync and see if the bluecruise maps are updated. If not you’ll either have to wait for the OTA update or go to the dealership to get the maps updated. When I got my ‘22 GTPE 05/09 the maps expired 03/14 and I waited a few weeks and it updated itself.
Thanks for your reply. Here's that screen:

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to get BlueCruise to turn on? img_4828

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks for you reply. Here's that screen:

img_4828.jpeg
Same date as my car.
BC doesn't work either. Maybe we discovered a trend?
It would be interesting to know how many different map expiration dates exist. If there are many.....do all the cars with 10-09-22 have non-functional BlueCruise? Inquiring minds want to know...

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I have this issue on my 2021, BC has never worked and lane centering does not work either. When I toggle the lane button on the steering wheel from off to on, I get a message BC Not Available. I have a dealer appointment on Tuesday.

Where is the BC map? The only one I have seen is not zoomable and the Phoenix area is just a blue blob.
Hi there! Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi there! Can you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!
I have an open support case with Ford already.

Supertayt

First Name
Tayt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME 4xe Perfect Blue, 2008 Jeep JKUR
Country flag
I would let the Ford agent that reached out to you help. When all hell broke loose with my MME, the agent was invaluable. It helps having a specific person you can reach out to. Also, she made sure EVERY part of my MME was straightened out, not just my primary issue. Just a suggestion.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I would let the Ford agent that reached out to you help. When all hell broke loose with my MME, the agent was invaluable. It helps having a specific person you can reach out to. Also, she made sure EVERY part of my MME was straightened out, not just my primary issue. Just a suggestion.
I have a person I am in contact with already. Been going on for a month now. That is how I got the 21G01 update done, which broke my lane centering. I have delayed taking it back to the dealer, in order to make sure Ford has all the FDRS issues fixed for the dealerships.

FYI, I do not blame the dealer at all for this, it is now well known Ford had FDRS issues in late April/early May.

Last edited:

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
So do I. Same date in sync. Agent confirmed I have all the right software. BC isn’t offered in Connected Services for me (used to be). I have an FE with prep package. Seems to be a server side issue in my case. Waiting for a callback.

I don’t expect SR51, 101 or 202 to work. I have tried on I-10 and 17 with no luck however.

Last edited:

Tbird

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4x 2021 job 1
Country flag
Same date as my car.
BC doesn't work either. Maybe we discovered a trend?
It would be interesting to know how many different map expiration dates exist. If there are many.....do all the cars with 10-09-22 have non-functional BlueCruise? Inquiring minds want to know...
I have a job 1 build and took it to the dealer to update and install the Blue Cruise software.

My sync is 22095 _ Product Rev 421. The BC expires on 10-09-2022. Looks like you need to update the sync to Version 421. My BC is working fine.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I have a job 1 build and took it to the dealer to update and install the Blue Cruise software.

My sync is 22095 _ Product Rev 421. The BC expires on 10-09-2022. Looks like you need to update the sync to Version 421. My BC is working fine.
421 doesn’t resolve this (I have this). There’s a group of us that aren’t being offered the subscription activation.
Sponsored