Anyone running on Michelin CrossClimate2?

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I decided not to wait for the winter and replace mine now. The last several posts here made this decision even easier. Getting 245/55R19 this Friday.
You might wanna look at the 255 because it has plenty of clearance. It didn’t change anything on the speedometer speed because I calibrated it with another program and you’ve got a taller wider. You can go a little lower pressure.
Sponsored

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
You might wanna look at the 255 because it has plenty of clearance. It didn’t change anything on the speedometer speed because I calibrated it with another program and you’ve got a taller wider. You can go a little lower pressure.
I think 245 is the widest that will fit the OEM rims, currently it's 225/55R19 on the premiums.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think 245 is the widest that will fit the OEM rims, currently it's 225/55R19 on the premiums.
Well, I can say this. The rims on my car are 8 1/2 inches and the guys that did this work are very in tune with everything and they look great and fit fine.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Well, I can say this. The rims on my car are 8 1/2 inches and the guys that did this work are very in tune with everything and they look great and fit fine.
You have a GT, and the GT rims are wider than the Premium rims.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I’ve driven over 200 miles on the new Michelin cross climate tires. And tonight I just wanted to charge up to 100% for the weekend. it’ll be done charging in about two minutes so it says distance I can travel is 265 so I’m wondering is that a good number based on the past 200 miles I’ve been driving, if so I’ve lost 5 miles if I can go 270 on the stock tires.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
So I’ve driven over 200 miles on the new Michelin cross climate tires. And tonight I just wanted to charge up to 100% for the weekend. it’ll be done charging in about two minutes so it says distance I can travel is 265 so I’m wondering is that a good number based on the past 200 miles I’ve been driving, if so I’ve lost 5 miles if I can go 270 on the stock tires.
You can't rely on the GOM to determine car efficiency. That number is taking into account local climate and battery capacity. In fact, I think driving history is one of the minor variables they use. It used to be a significant contributor to the range shown on the GOM, but so many people were complaining they made a change to the calculation methodology. I remember when the change occurred because it was discussed in this forum. It was more than a year ago.

To measure efficiency you can observe the mi/kWh reading on the trip computer when taking similar trips, as long as you go the same speed and the weather is equivalent. Personally I don't think the mi/kWh reading is very accurate because of some inconsistent numbers I have seen in the past. But it is a lot better than using the GOM.

The best way is to take two identical trips and compare the kWh the battery used during each trip. That requires a OBD scanner and an app like CarScanner.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can't rely on the GOM to determine car efficiency. That number is taking into account local climate and battery capacity. In fact, I think driving history is one of the minor variables they use. It used to be a significant contributor to the range shown on the GOM, but so many people were complaining they made a change to the calculation methodology. I remember when the change occurred because it was discussed in this forum. It was more than a year ago.

To measure efficiency you can observe the mi/kWh reading on the trip computer when taking similar trips, as long as you go the same speed and the weather is equivalent. Personally I don't think the mi/kWh reading is very accurate because of some inconsistent numbers I have seen in the past. But it is a lot better than using the GOM.

The best way is to take two identical trips and compare the kWh the battery used during each trip. That requires a OBD scanner and an app like CarScanner.
I have odb max 2 scanner thanks.
Sponsored