Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
UK. I wish I could get an official touch up pen for my Space White colour. Bought 4th September and found chip on rear hatch. Phoned dealer and they didn't have touch up pens for any colour. "The shelves are empty" Apparently there was a supply of pens which Ford rejected which was 2 months ago. Space White didn't even show up on their parts system. The only advice was to keep ringing...

This is not what I expect from a major manufacturer :rolleyes: Anyone from the UK recommend alternative paint chip suppliers with accurate colours?
Just bumping the thread as found 2 stone chips on bonnet yesterday washing the car. Not washed for 2 weeks due to bad weather. It was ok before :( Hilarious, it was like summer in shorts and t-shirt on New Years Eve day. Anybody recommend a UK paint chip supplier. Just before Christmas my dealer was still saying they can't get any touch up paint and is still on back order from 6 months ago.
Sponsored

Xenotet

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Ford Focus ST, ‘21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
I’ve had my cyber orange MME just over a month / 1900 miles and have found about four rock chips on the hood. My Dr. Colorchip kit delivered yesterday so I’m going to try it out today. It worked well on my last car in Race Red. Curious to see how it works with the tri-coat. I’ll post an update later today.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve had my cyber orange MME just over a month / 1900 miles and have found about four rock chips on the hood. My Dr. Colorchip kit delivered yesterday so I’m going to try it out today. It worked well on my last car in Race Red. Curious to see how it works with the tri-coat. I’ll post an update later today.
Thanks Xenotet. They've got a UK distributor plus 15% off at the moment. Please let us know how it goes. ? ?

Xenotet

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 Ford Focus ST, ‘21 Toyota Venza Ltd
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Country flag
Finally had the chance to use Dr. Colorchip to touch up my Cyber Orange paint. Overall it did a great job in that the chips went from easily-noticeable black spots to nearly-invisible imperfections. The touch up paint doesn’t have any metallic flakes in it but the color matches well enough to blend in. I actually had a hard time finding them again after completing the process to take the ‘after’ pictures!
Before:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone touch up their paint yet? FC0AD250-F51B-46D2-B72A-A68BBB32ED67
After:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone touch up their paint yet? 001DA393-BA3B-42EC-B2F6-D4E12F7B36A3
Before:​
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone touch up their paint yet? 8DA02C98-B699-447F-A7C6-6769EE9B0297
After:​
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone touch up their paint yet? 564E8C8B-A454-4A6A-B999-A672B2944A5B
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone touch up their paint yet? CFBF848A-E484-4F0B-A278-E0C8C476C863

After:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone touch up their paint yet? 060F1B8D-B626-49BA-A190-D99A600C6853

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Finally had the chance to use Dr. Colorchip to touch up my Cyber Orange paint. Overall it did a great job in that the chips went from easily-noticeable black spots to nearly-invisible imperfections. The touch up paint doesn’t have any metallic flakes in it but the color matches well enough to blend in. I actually had a hard time finding them again after completing the process to take the ‘after’ pictures!
Before:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone touch up their paint yet? 060F1B8D-B626-49BA-A190-D99A600C6853
After:
After:​
After:
That's a pretty good match especially with the fact you found it difficult to find them again. I've ordered from Dr Colourchip (UK spelling) for my space white but it's coming from the U.S. Pity there's no metallic flakes as it would have been even better.

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
I had this happen yesterday.. so pissed.. I saw the rock fly up from a trucks tire - I didn't hear anything so I thought it might've missed me, but it clearly didn't. I ordered the touch up from the dealer last night and have to pick it up tomorrow. I think it's too big of a spot to really touch up, but not big enough to warrant an insurance claim, or pay for a repaint. Hopefully the touchup will just make it a little less of an eyesore.

I just got the car 2 weeks ago and already had an appointment for next Saturday to do a PPF on the hood... ?‍♂

1E6FF592-7701-4BA3-8CAC-87965452AEC0.jpg

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
FYI on the shadow black touchup paint. The FORD official MotorCraft paint (paint code G1) is also labeled for paint code UA, UB, and UD.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone touch up their paint yet? image

Dupli-color Universal Black (ASF 0100) is what Duplicolor recommends for paint code AU. They don’t have a recommendation for paint code G1 yet. So I tried it on a spot of my Shadow Black MME I’m prepping to sell. Seemed legit so I went for it.
Had a little defect by the back pony emblem from popping it on and off a bit too many times. Gone now and the ASF 0100 pen as well as the BUN 0100 matched perfectly.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Anyone touch up their paint yet? image

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Thinking of getting PPF given the reports of the paint on plastic being so vulnerable but curious if anyone has touched up a rock chip and how well it went? Especially about IB, RR, and Star White since the tinted/tri coat might complicate things.
I touched up a small scratch on my hood (Grabber Blue), and if you're standing 5 feet away it's not noticeable, but if you are up close and know where to look, it is readily apparent. I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I immediately had the hood PPFd so it wouldn't happen again.

In retrospect, I will PPF the grill, hood, and fenders on all cars I buy from this point onward. It's a few thousand to do that + full ceramic, and it's worth it to preserve the paint job on a nice car.

2021-MMEx-RT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEx CA Route 1
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Star White. Have a few nicks here and there, the Mrs. is fastidious about making them go away. She uses a white, but not Star White touch up, and they are pretty much invisible unless you know where to look.

We got the whole front end PPF'd last week, full treatment, hood, grill, bumper, fenders, mirrors, lights. $1750. The only thing they didn't do was the A pillars. We'll probably get the windshield and Pano done with the ClearPlex or like material.

Triggerhappy007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium VB & 22 Select GB
Country flag
I touched up a small scratch on my hood (Grabber Blue), and if you're standing 5 feet away it's not noticeable, but if you are up close and know where to look, it is readily apparent.
Which brand of touch up did you use?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thinking of getting PPF given the reports of the paint on plastic being so vulnerable but curious if anyone has touched up a rock chip and how well it went? Especially about IB, RR, and Star White since the tinted/tri coat might complicate things.
I did a pretty big spot with infinite blue from touch-up direct. I am not a very experienced painter, but it came out pretty well. I *should* have spent more time sanding deep scratches out before primer.... but was happy with the color match.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/diy-touch-up-for-bad-scratches-100-versus-1800.16977/

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Our Star White 21 got a 1/4" chip in the paint on the hood. I used the Ford touch-up paint and after wet sanding/polishing my wife couldn't find it.

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Anyone touch up their paint yet?

whoooaaaaahhhh!

Just what sort of forum is this.

You can be arrested for touching up but paid for touching in [paint]

😂😂😂😂😂😂

garymache

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
LIke the original poster on this, I need to touch-up the glossy black trim. Called two dealers today and they said they don't carry this and don't know what paint to recommend. Any ideas for touching this up?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Anyone touch up their paint yet?

whoooaaaaahhhh!

Just what sort of forum is this.

You can be arrested for touching up but paid for touching in [paint]

😂😂😂😂😂😂
This is how we Americans feel when your child asks to borrow his teacher's rubber. ;)
Sponsored