Apple will reportedly start building an EV with a "breakthrough" battery in 2024

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
https://www.engadget.com/apple-car-2024-233505759.html
We’ve been hearing bits of information about Apple’s secretive Project Titan self-driving car division for years now, but a new report from Reuters finally provides some more concrete details on the tech giant’s automotive plans. According to the report, Apple could start production on its own electric vehicle as early as 2024.​
https://jalopnik.com/apple-wants-production-of-its-own-car-by-2024-report-1845929829
Whether Apple — the company that makes iPhones, laptops, and a watch, I guess, and probably some other shit — will make a car as well has been hashed and rehashed repeatedly for years. According to a new report, Apple is back on its bullshit and wants to have a car in production by 2024.​

Hmm. I wonder what will happen on Monday with $TSLA.
Sponsored

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah I'll believe that when I see it...

Wait a minute....
source.gif

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Gotta believe if the product actually makes it to market it will definitely be flashy to start, not quite what everyone imagines, and then will totally dominate the space within a couple years.

PooPoo it all you want but it's happened far too many times...iPod, iPhone, iPad, AppleWatch...they are all category leading devices.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Gotta believe if the product actually makes it to market it will definitely be flashy to start, not quite what everyone imagines, and then will totally dominate the space within a couple years.

PooPoo it all you want but it's happened far too many times...iPod, iPhone, iPad, AppleWatch...they are all category leading devices.
Yes they are and they all were extensions of technology Apple was already very proficent with.

A vehicle is a completely different animal--although you could argue that since an EV is just electricity....

Don't forget the Newton either.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Newton, Mac Pro, all Apple keyboards since the death of the Extended Keyboard II, Claris Works, FileMaker Pro ...

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
With Ev vehicle manufacturing having about 1/5th of parts. You're going to see this for a while. Many companies are going to try. The push with buying online has made that process and easier. Some Ice manufacturers will not survive this and some new car companies will emerge.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
All kidding aside, I'd like to see Apple succeed in this effort. Competition is needed. I'd be very intrigued to see what they come up with.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I wonder if apple knows about EV time? 2 years is really a LOT longer than 24 months in EV time....

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
With Ev vehicle manufacturing having about 1/5th of parts. You're going to see this for a while. Many companies are going to try. The push with buying online has made that process and easier. Some Ice manufacturers will not survive this and some new car companies will emerge.
Yeah, Google recently tried to sell insurance online. They couldn't do it. Apple will find Anything that has that many moving parts is going to require more experience.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Those were products they pioneered that (for the most part) didn't exist before.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
As much as I hate to admit it, I wouldn't rule this one out. They could easily partner with someone to build the mechanical portions. Like it or not, modern cars such as EV's are more about software than mechanical prowess.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
As much as I hate to admit it, I wouldn't rule this one out. They could easily partner with someone to build the mechanical portions. Like it or not, modern cars such as EV's are more about software than mechanical prowess.
That is the point. With the ability to update problems on a car over the air. The game has changed.

In time could there be aftermarket or where the auto manufacturers allow you to custom the ev you own like an ice vehicle? So you only need 100 miles of range a day but you rather have a 3-second car instead of a 6-second car. Time will tell.
Sponsored