Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
Welcome to the club. Mine must have opened sometime when I wasn't in the car because when my wife opened the garage door my hatch went up with it. Fortunately I have pool noodles on the garage door to prevent scratching. However, I immediately turned off the toe kick feature hoping that will keep it from happening again.

Ford has pulled the "toe kick" feature from new Mustangs.
Seems like a common theme with Ford and the Mustang name. On early 2005 Mustangs you could roll the windows down from the fob (press and hold unlock). But some Mustangs were having the windows open randomly. Instead of figuring out why and fixing it, Ford just disabled the feature on later builds. It was still in the manual taunting all us late build owners.
Sponsored

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I assume that I will not have this issue on my 2022 model.
That's a good assumption since the "kick to open" feature no longer exists on new Mach E's.

FordMachEGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWDx April 2021 build.
Country flag
Seems like a common theme with Ford and the Mustang name. On early 2005 Mustangs you could roll the windows down from the fob (press and hold unlock). But some Mustangs were having the windows open randomly. Instead of figuring out why and fixing it, Ford just disabled the feature on later builds. It was still in the manual taunting all us late build owners.
This technique still works on the Mach e but I believe you have to double press and hold unlock to open and same with the lock button to close.

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
This technique still works on the Mach e but I believe you have to double press and hold unlock to open and same with the lock button to close.
Yeah, they figured out how to bring the remote opening windows back to the coupe. I'm not sure exactly what year it returned but it's on my '17. Don't get the closing from the remote though. And I'll never understand why as it should just be a few lines of code that they already have in other cars. The car already has auto close windows with pinch protection which, as far as I understand it, is the only hardware requirement for this feature.

My original point is that they seem more inclined to just remove a feature that isn't working instead of fixing it.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
10 minutes ago, I go into the garage to pull the car out so the wife can get to work. I unplug the charger and the liftgate immediately opens... WHACK!!!! Are you kidding me?!?! What possible electronics/software scenario would trigger that to happen? C'mon! Now we have nice scratch on the liftgate where it smacked into the garage door (next time I will open the door before unplugging the car). Sigh :(
You can set the amount the lift gate opens so that it will not hit the garage door. I figured it out after I got tired of grabbing the lid to stop the door. Page 81 of the owners manual.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Welcome to the club. Mine must have opened sometime when I wasn't in the car because when my wife opened the garage door my hatch went up with it. Fortunately I have pool noodles on the garage door to prevent scratching. However, I immediately turned off the toe kick feature hoping that will keep it from happening again.

Ford has pulled the "toe kick" feature from new Mustangs.
I came to the Forum today to look for info on adding the kick-to-open feature to my 2022 GT that will (hopefully) be delivered in early April. Seriously rethinking that idea now... ?:oops:

rsfloodco

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Bummer. I wonder when “love the car, hate the glitches” will just be “hated it”?

Jppumper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1st car: 1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E X Premium
Occupation
Retired Master Certified Heavy Truck Technician
Country flag
I have not had that happen, YET.

I have to be careful when I hand wash my car though. Hit the "G-Spot", (Liftgate sensor) and POP! there it goes.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
10 minutes ago, I go into the garage to pull the car out so the wife can get to work. I unplug the charger and the liftgate immediately opens... WHACK!!!! Are you kidding me?!?! What possible electronics/software scenario would trigger that to happen? C'mon! Now we have nice scratch on the liftgate where it smacked into the garage door (next time I will open the door before unplugging the car). Sigh :(
Good afternoon. Would you send over a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your preferred Ford dealer so I can look into this opening liftgate concern on my end? Thank you!

PugPony

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Had the same issue the other day and this was the second time it happened. I'm pretty sure it happened in the middle of the night this time. Luckily I had pulled up a little farther than I normally do and it cleared the garage door. I had brought the car in for service after the first time for this issue and a powertrain failure warning and the dealer could find nothing wrong. Very frustrating given the $$$ of this car.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
That's a good assumption since the "kick to open" feature no longer exists on new Mach E's.
It may as well not exist on mine, been disabled for longer than it's been enabled. I really liked it, first car I had that had the feature, but I've had two too many issues with it popping open on its own. I don't think they'll ever be able to track the problem down, it's just too random.

OP
OP
ProfitOfTruth

ProfitOfTruth

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E, 2006 Mustang GT, 2018 Buick Regal GS
Occupation
IT Guru
Country flag
So this morning, I had my second occurence of the mysterious lift gate anomaly. I was mowing the lawn and was about 20ft away from the car when up went the lift gate all on its own. I checked my phone in my pocket, it was locked and when I unlocked the phone I confirmed that the FordPass app was not active. I even checked my watch to verify that FordPass was not running there (even though the app on watch has no option to open lift gate). Bizarre
Sponsored