Atlanta area?

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Has anyone purchased from Jim Tidwell Ford in Kennesaw?

If so, how did it go? Were there any hidden fees or surprise charges?

I'm thinking about purchasing from them and just curious about others' experiences.
Sponsored

OP
OP
horsiedad

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT PE, Mach-E Premium
Country flag

I'm thinking about purchasing from them and just curious about others' experiences.
I purchased from Angela Krause Ford in Alpharetta. They were a bit clueless about the Mach-E, but then again, I was one of their first customers for this car. They took X Plan pricing. I would buy from them again.

OP
OP
horsiedad

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey, Anyone in the area looking at coatings? I have never gotten one before but all the bugs and junk on my car from a road trip to TN is making me think I need to do something.
I had most of my MME car covered in PPF by Speedfilm in Roswell.

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
I purchased from Angela Krause Ford in Alpharetta. They were a bit clueless about the Mach-E, but then again, I was one of their first customers for this car. They took X Plan pricing. I would buy from them again.
I test drove a Dark Matter Gray Premium at Angela Krause Ford last week. I asked the salesman about ADM, and he said they add $5,000 ADM. I asked if I bought the car online from Ford, would there be ADM added, and he said no. I emailed the GM about X-Plan and haven't received a reply (they have no email addresses listed on their website, I found the GM's email on Ford.com reviews).

I did get a reply from the Jim Tidwell GM and he confirmed they honor X-Plan, the doc fee is $100 (instead of their usual $699), and there are no other fees except government fees. So that's why I was leaning towards buying from them.

I want email confirmation that they honor X-Plan before I order. I also emailed a few other dealers but haven't heard back.

I had most of my MME car covered in PPF by Speedfilm in Roswell.
I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. What exactly did you purchase? Do you mind if I ask how much it cost?

Last edited:

OP
OP
horsiedad

horsiedad

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Which package did you end up going with?
It was a custom install -- the entire front end, the four doors, and the back bumper by the liftgate. A little over $2,000.00

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag

I went with Hardy Family Ford in Dallas, GA. Excellent experience and I'd ask for Robert. No hidden fees, no tricks, accepted X-Plan pricing with no issues. They submitted the title paper work a little later than I would have preferred but I got my plates within the 45 days.

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Hey, Anyone in the area looking at coatings? I have never gotten one before but all the bugs and junk on my car from a road trip to TN is making me think I need to do something.
I went with Vivid Auto Solutions in Kennesaw (they are moving to Roswell soon). Had them do XPEL for partial front (partial hood, fenders, mirrors, front bumper). Also had them do a ceramic coating on entire car. Turned out pretty well.

Also had Tint Atlanta (Marietta) do ceramic tint on all the Windows.

rnctacardon

First Name
Rey Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
I went with Vivid Auto Solutions in Kennesaw (they are moving to Roswell soon). Had them do XPEL for partial front (partial hood, fenders, mirrors, front bumper). Also had them do a ceramic coating on entire car. Turned out pretty well.

Also had Tint Atlanta (Marietta) do ceramic tint on all the Windows.
How much did it cost you for the xpel? I live in Roswell

SkyWalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang, Mach-E
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
How much did it cost you for the xpel? I live in Roswell
I paid about $850 for the partial front coverage. I think they did a good job but the black trim pieces around the front of the grill weren't covered due to XPEL not having that as part of the kit. Their price was on-par with other shops in the Kennesaw/Marietta area.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I used " Zero Defects" Chris Kessler in Braselton, GA. 404-406-3355. Xpel the front end and wing mirrors, ceramic coated the car and tinted the front two windows to match the back.

Brittk12

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
How long from shipment date to delivery date to the Atlanta area is expected?