Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Self-Employed
Country flag
He folks got my Mach-E premium Thursday after ordering in March. 3 days of pure bliss then Suddenly get message "Audio Off" whenever I try to do anything through Car Play or Radio. Won't let me view any stations or toggle between AM/FM/SirrusXM. Just says "Audio Off." I did the Sync Reset and nothing. THrough Car Play it will let me see my apple Music app and podcasts and such and I can even push play and watch as they advance forward with no audio. Cannot hear calls, either. Siri button does not do anything and even though I can see directions on apple maps it will not speak directions to me.

However, alert sounds still ring out, including the beeps when you push around the menu.

I went to settings and "Audio" and "Sound" buttons are greyed.

Customer Service says call back tomorrow and none of the local dealerships seem to know what up. Also searched google, this forum and youtube and the only thing ive found that touches on this is one person with a similar but not exact issue that had to pull and replace a fuse which I guess i could try but even though there is plenty of content describing the fuse box i can't find any vids or directions about getting there.

So frustrated. My first new car ever. Ive already had problems where it will not register my phone as a key but I can handle that. No radio is seriously depressing.

ANy help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
He folks got my Mach-E premium Thursday after ordering in March. 3 days of pure bliss then Suddenly get message "Audio Off" whenever I try to do anything through Car Play or Radio. Won't let me view any stations or toggle between AM/FM/SirrusXM. Just says "Audio Off." I did the Sync Reset and nothing. THrough Car Play it will let me see my apple Music app and podcasts and such and I can even push play and watch as they advance forward with no audio. Cannot hear calls, either. Siri button does not do anything and even though I can see directions on apple maps it will not speak directions to me.

However, alert sounds still ring out, including the beeps when you push around the menu.

I went to settings and "Audio" and "Sound" buttons are greyed.

Customer Service says call back tomorrow and none of the local dealerships seem to know what up. Also searched google, this forum and youtube and the only thing ive found that touches on this is one person with a similar but not exact issue that had to pull and replace a fuse which I guess i could try but even though there is plenty of content describing the fuse box i can't find any vids or directions about getting there.

So frustrated. My first new car ever. Ive already had problems where it will not register my phone as a key but I can handle that. No radio is seriously depressing.

ANy help would be appreciated.
The power button is the middle of the volume knob. At the risk of asking a dumb question, have you tried that?

OP
OP

folkinhippy

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Self-Employed
Country flag

OP
OP

folkinhippy

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Self-Employed
Country flag
Before you resort to resetting fuses or dealer visits, try resetting SYNC. While the vehicle is on, hold down these steering wheel buttons for several seconds: next track + volume down.
resetting sync was my first troubleshoot. no help there.

disconnecting fuses worked tho! its not an easy fix as you have to take off several panels but the video above is the best one on this topic. thanks all. hopefully this is not a recurring issue.

Jim E

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Hello All,

I too experienced an "Audio Off" message this afternoon.

The scenario: drove the car to local store, tried to find "walk away auto-lock" in the on-vehicle users guide, found some information and verified settings, turned car off and went into store. Upon return to car, "Audio Off" message on screen.

I tried the power button in the middle of the volume knob, no luck. Got home, exited car and read these suggestions on macheforum.com. Went back out to car to try a "reset SYNC" as suggested. When I restarted the car, I got a message asking if I wanted to cancel "Valet mode". I don't remember hitting the Valet mode button to turn it on, but I must have. Anyway, as soon as I cancelled Valet Mode, I got the radio back AND the car recognized my phone.

So .... not sure if this is the situation that caused my "Audio Off" situation, but I guess it makes sense. If one is in Valet Mode, you don't need the radio, nor do you need the car trying to sync to a phone. Anyway, I thought I'd share my experience. Maybe it could be helpful to those on this forum.
Sponsored