Back cover cannot be removed

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
On my 2021, when I want to remove the cloth cover, I simply take the loops off the pegs, and pop the rear supports out.

On my 2022, the loops are sewn tighter and cannot fit over the peg head. I have not pulled on the peg to see if it pulls out, or breaks. Has someone else been the guinea pig? :D
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I was about to do this yesterday but I forgot. I’ll give it a look when I leave the house in an hour.

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
On my 2021, when I want to remove the cloth cover, I simply take the loops off the pegs, and pop the rear supports out.

On my 2022, the loops are sewn tighter and cannot fit over the peg head. I have not pulled on the peg to see if it pulls out, or breaks. Has someone else been the guinea pig? :D
Yes, the plugs come out easily if you rock them sideways somewhat while spinning and pulling. You'll see why the rocking helps after you remove one.

eBullitt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda CR-V Hybrid; 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
The 2022 owner’s manual page 29 depicts the luggage compartment cover in the trunk and refers the owner to page 278 for instructions on installing and removing the cover. Page 278 discusses the frunk not the trunk. Appears to be a miss on Ford”s part for documenting the recommended approach for install/removal of the trunk cover.

Is it necessary to remove the pegs where the cord is attached in order to remove the cover? Seems like over time this will wear out the insert. Am I missing something?

P. T. Magoo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Volt, '22 MME Ca Rt-1
Occupation
Physical Therapist, Freelance Trombonist
Country flag
On my '22 I was able to wiggle the loops past the peg heads although it was challenging.
Sponsored