Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag
Does somebody know why the back side window can't go down till the bottom? This looks so old-fashioned...
At least I suppose this driver has put down all windows as low as possible...

Mach window.jpg
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
It's because there's not enough room in the door for the window to roll down all the way. If you look at the way the rear door is shaped in relation to the rear wheel well. You'll see that the rear window rolls down into the door as far as it can and no farther.

I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that lets the rear windows go all the way down - so it's not Mach-E specific.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's because there's not enough room in the door for the window to roll down all the way. If you look at the way the rear door is shaped in relation to the rear wheel well. You'll see that the rear window rolls down into the door as far as it can and no farther.

I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle that lets the rear windows go all the way down - so it's not Mach-E specific.
Agree on the reason. I have owned vehicles that have read windows that goes all the way down and those that not quite there.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It at least goes down far enough that you can probably rest your arm on the door if you are so inclined, which is a lot better than a lot of cars where the rear window hardly goes down at all.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It at least goes down far enough that you can probably rest your arm on the door if you are so inclined, which is a lot better than a lot of cars where the rear window hardly goes down at all.
It also beats lots of cars where the window doesn't go down all the way in the back where you usually would rest your arm.

OP
OP
Luffie

Luffie

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e RWD Ext.range TP+
Country flag

I do understand the reason, although I don’t understand why they don't design it 'properly'.

BTW, for me it will be the first car like this, although this is my first 'US'-car ;)

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
That actually is a lot better than the big van I have, not "perfect" but looks like it goes down as far as possible.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I do understand the reason, although I don’t understand why they don't design it 'properly'.

BTW, for me it will be the first car like this, although this is my first 'US'-car ;)
Well, they have to account for the wheel cutout at the back of the door, so the window can't go down further than that extends. To make a "proper" window they'd have to extend the wheelbase, raise the height of the car, or decrease the size of the window opening.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Don't put your windows down! It will increase the drag coefficient, thus decrease the range!!!

Psipunk

First Name
Harman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford F-150, 2015 GMC Terrain
Country flag
Don't put your windows down! It will increase the drag coefficient, thus decrease the range!!!
LOL Basically, what he's saying here is don't enjoy that $50k+ car you just bought.

Suffocate in there until you can make it to the gas station!!!

Or, wait... what side is the tank on?!

....... yea.