Battery life indicator

FrankL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach e
Country flag
Have had the car for 6 weeks. I use a Chargepoint 50 amp level II charger at home. Everything works seamlessly except the dash display tells me I'm 100% charged but it never shows more than a range of the low 170's for miles. In cold weather, 100% is as low as low 150's mileage. Both numbers are well below the 210 figure that is supposed to be the range for a 100% charged battery. I checked my software status on the display and I have the most current version. Anyone having similar issues? AM I doing something wrong? Love the car but a 170 mile range is hard to manage
Sponsored

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
As you will see if you search for cold weather threads, as the outside temp drops so will your indicated range on the guess o meter. There is nothing you are doing wrong, nor is there any problem with your vehicle. Your numbers are well within range from what others are seeing and what is to be expected given the battery size and given outside conditions at this time.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
Have had the car for 6 weeks. I use a Chargepoint 50 amp level II charger at home. Everything works seamlessly except the dash display tells me I'm 100% charged but it never shows more than a range of the low 170's for miles. In cold weather, 100% is as low as low 150's mileage. Both numbers are well below the 210 figure that is supposed to be the range for a 100% charged battery. I checked my software status on the display and I have the most current version. Anyone having similar issues? AM I doing something wrong? Love the car but a 170 mile range is hard to manage
The title of this thread is "Battery life", but it seems like you really meant "Battery range".

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Please search the forum for the numerous, numerous posts on this issue.
Start with this one:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/53-standard-battery-only-85-miles.12166/post-297977

joes723

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE IBSM "LITHEUM"
Country flag
When people join the forum, they should have to attest that they will not then immediately post about the GOM and cold weather range; atleast not without searching the hundreds and hundreds of posts. Basic common sense, batteries + cold = decreased range. :D

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Welcome

Recommended reading to get you started:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/53-standard-battery-only-85-miles.12166/post-297977

90% recommended daily charging limit:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/charge-100-but-range-195.12363/post-303284

Real range of the car:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
AM I doing something wrong? Love the car but a 170 mile range is hard to manage
The only thing your doing wrong is
1: expecting EPA milage while not driving in EPA style nor conditions.
2. believing that the number on the dash indicates something tethered to reality.

Welcome to the learning curve of being an EV driver. Hopefully you learned a lot before diving into a $50K+ investment.

Rt1AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CARt1 AWD
Country flag
The only thing your doing wrong is
1: expecting EPA milage while not driving in EPA style nor conditions.
2. believing that the number on the dash indicates something tethered to reality.

Welcome to the learning curve of being an EV driver. Hopefully you learned a lot before diving into a $50K+ investment.
Investment ? ?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag