wilkensc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
I took delivery of my Mach-e Premium AWD on Saturday. When I plugged in at home, the battery would not charge. Dealer has the car since Tuesday and have not been able to charge. Ford engineers have been contacted, but still no solution. Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I took delivery of my Mach-e Premium AWD on Saturday. When I plugged in at home, the battery would not charge. Dealer has the car since Tuesday and have not been able to charge. Ford engineers have been contacted, but still no solution. Anyone else have this issue?
You'll need to share more details.

Which charger are you using?

Which charger did the dealer use?

Have you tried other chargers, other outlets that were known to work?

What outlet(s) are you plugging into?

Is the connector/pigtail fully seated into the charger? Is it fully seated into the wall outlet?

What happens on the charge port lights or on the dash display when you plug in?

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I had similar issue with the provide charger. The solution for me was to try the 110 volts then the 240 volt line. I believe I failed to push hard enough to get the cord fully seated for the 240 volt line.

OP
OP

wilkensc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Premium AWD
Country flag
You'll need to share more details.

Which charger are you using?

Which charger did the dealer use?

Have you tried other chargers, other outlets that were known to work?

What outlet(s) are you plugging into?

Is the connector/pigtail fully seated into the charger? Is it fully seated into the wall outlet?

What happens on the charge port lights or on the dash display when you plug in?
Thanks
I used the charging cord provided with the vehicle and a 240v outlet at my home.
I also used a public charging station.
Not sure how the dealer tried to charge it.
Port lights are all normal - blue indicators
dash display normal
Ford Pass monitoring indicates "Charging", but capacity never increases, the only change is the time to fully charge indicator.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
The dealer is instructed to charge the car prior to delivery. I would ask them if it took a charge back then.

Then I would check the charge settings. It might be set to charge during off peak hours.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Thanks
I used the charging cord provided with the vehicle and a 240v outlet at my home.
I also used a public charging station.
Not sure how the dealer tried to charge it.
Port lights are all normal - blue indicators
dash display normal
Ford Pass monitoring indicates "Charging", but capacity never increases, the only change is the time to fully charge indicator.
Did the charge percentage increase while FordPass says it is charging?

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
I had similar issue with the provide charger. The solution for me was to try the 110 volts then the 240 volt line. I believe I failed to push hard enough to get the cord fully seated for the 240 volt line.
I had the same difficulty and found it easier to use a rubber mallet to tap the connector down flush with the body of the EVSE. I'm not anxious to swapping it out...probably have to tie it between a pair of mule teams. ?ā€ā™‚

Omar

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Military
Country flag
Same thing happened to me. I plug in the 110 ac and I got the 3 lights on the mobile charger. After 30 min playing with the phone app and the settings in the car still couldnā€™t get it work. At the end the car became possessed the ac started on his own, the heat sit was on and was making some noise trying to open the passenger door by itself. I couldnā€™t turn it off and now the battery is dead canā€™t open the main doors. The other issue is to jump the vehicle you have to remove the plastic cover under the hood not and easy task that should be simple.

Claycreate

First Name
Ellen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
How was the issue resolved? The same thing has happened to my new 2022. Picked it up Friday night and Saturday morning it was back in the shop. They canā€™t determine why it isnā€™t charging and have put a call into Ford. Nine months waiting for production,, purchased car and now waiting againšŸ˜©šŸ‹

Omar

First Name
OMAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Occupation
Military
Country flag
How was the issue resolved? The same thing has happened to my new 2022. Picked it up Friday night and Saturday morning it was back in the shop. They canā€™t determine why it isnā€™t charging and have put a call into Ford. Nine months waiting for production,, purchased car and now waiting againšŸ˜©šŸ‹
Looks like I had a bad charger that the dealership replace. No problems after that.
Sponsored