First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Another thing that brings up, is just how many smaller dealers will even bother with an MME demo car?
It's my understanding that if a dealer wants to sell Mustang Mach-E, then they must be EV certified for sales and service, and they must purchase at least one FCTP Mach-E and keep it available for test drive use for at least four months. They also have to have at least two EVSEs (one in service, and one that's customer accessible). They can be level 2 AC chargers, which are relatively inexpensive.

That's how we get to the (at least) 2100 U.S. dealers that can sell MME.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Regarding the chargers ... that could very well be. I also have no reason to doubt you. I do know the dealer "nearest" me was putting in a 50 kW DC charger. That's fast charging out here btw. Nothing is faster. Anyway, they were making it sound like a major expense. But knowing the two dealers I've been to, there's nothing major, expense wise, about a running a 240 volt 60 amp circuit for an L2 charger -- at least compared to 50 kW DC. So either they were blowing smoke up my tailpipe or ... time will tell.

I'm not their only MME customer, and they do make money on every sale despite the claim. FCTP cars would be a huge asset. They can get used to doing business differently. If they don't, eventually someone will replace them.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I dug through my Mach-E notes and found the link to the dealer communication:

https://rotunda.service-solutions.c...cuments/Global/Dealer/Home/en-US/EFC07775.pdf

I am pessimistic/skeptical by default, especially when dealing with salespeople. So my first thought when encountering the overtly over-expessive stuff like hemming, hawing, griping, complaining, boasting, lying, and so on, is that they're doing this on purpose for some sales psychology reason.

When they do that, I just try to stay straight faced and keep my thoughts and opinions to myself.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
In my case, they knew they were about to lose a sale. There are options, even in Hawaii. It all worked out in the end (order wise). As for the chargers, that's a nonissue on the island for the most part beyond what they need for servicing. Thanks for the info. :)
Sponsored