johndenver

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E Premium, 2020 Ford Raptor
Country flag
I havent run front plates on any vehicles in years. In CO the police do not ever issue tickets for it. The only time you will have an issue here is if you park downtown in Denver. I do park there a lot. In 10 years ive gotten 2 tickets from the parking people for the missing plate. Its $25 a ticket. $50 in 10 years...no big deal.

--John

Namdrof

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2022 Expedition Stealth Pe
Country flag
Is this something that I can do in Nebraska?
In Nebraska you can pay an annual fee of $50 to not have a front plate on your vehicle, only need to display the rear.

Single License Plate Option

Beginning January 1 2017, one license plate may be issued, upon request for any passenger car which is not equipped with a bracket on the front of the vehicle to display a license plate. A license decal shall be issued with the license plates and shall be displayed on the driver's side of the windshield. In order to request a single license plate and license decal, there shall be an additional annual nonrefundable registration fee of fifty dollars ($50) plus the cost of the decal paid to the county treasurer at the time of registration. We advise you to put the sticker in the upper left corner of your window so it is visible in the winter if there is snow on your car. You will receive a new decal every year when you renew your single plate registration. If at any time you want to put a bracket on your vehicle and go back to two plates you will have to surrender the single plate and receive a new set of plates. If you have a specialty plate it will be retained and we will order a second plate from the state. This option is not available on a truck. With this option you will not be able to renew your registration online. It must be processed in person or by mail.

Secret Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium RWD ER
Country flag
What kind of frames, etc. is everyone using for the REAR plate?
I found silicon rubber frames for the rear plate. They snap on like a cellphone case and cover only the edges of the plate. A nice look. Added benefit, they also cushion the plate from the car so no rattles. Many options for under ten bucks.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I found silicon rubber frames for the rear plate. They snap on like a cellphone case and cover only the edges of the plate. A nice look. Added benefit, they also cushion the plate from the car so no rattles. Many options for under ten bucks.
I’m using pretty much (if not exactly) the same thing. It helps protect the bumper from the sharp edges on the plate. 😊🐩

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Ontario is a front-plate province and I'm stuck with both. I ended up going this route - it screws into the bottom of the car.

https://stonsho.com/front-license-plate-for-2021-2023-ford-mach-e-gt-sns279a/

Ford Mustang Mach-E Best way to display license plate in 2023 1688405110845
This has to be photoshopped? Do you really have it on your car looking like this? No offense, but the plate looks like it has been through hell and back and then went a second time..........
This destroys the look of your car. :eek: I would take this one off and throw it as far as I could.

canuck1975

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select MME with tech package - "Peggy"
Country flag
This has to be photoshopped? Do you really have it on your car looking like this? No offense, but the plate looks like it has been through hell and back and then went a second time..........
This destroys the look of your car. :eek: I would take this one off and throw it as far as I could.
Welcome to Ontario - the plates are defective and have been for years. The government devleoped new ones for some reason and they reflected light at night so they couldn't be read. We haven't figured out how to make license plates at all here. lol

I have a plate cover on it now so it doens't look as bad.

... and no, I'm not kidding.

https://www.niagarapolice.ca/en/community/degraded-licence-plates.aspx
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/licenceplates-driving-ontario-driver-407-1.5466551

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Welcome to Ontario - the plates are defective and have been for years. The government devleoped new ones for some reason and they reflected light at night so they couldn't be read. We haven't figured out how to make license plates at all here. lol

I have a plate cover on it now so it doens't look as bad.

... and no, I'm not kidding.

https://www.niagarapolice.ca/en/community/degraded-licence-plates.aspx
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/licenceplates-driving-ontario-driver-407-1.5466551
So sorry to hear that. You have an amazing looking car and unfortunately you have to put something on it that draws attention to the eye sore. Are the people that work at the DMV blind? 🤪

canuck1975

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select MME with tech package - "Peggy"
Country flag
So sorry to hear that. You have an amazing looking car and unfortunately you have to put something on it that draws attention to the eye sore. Are the people that work at the DMV blind? 🤪
I'd swap them out but, this being Canada, the government will charge me for the replacement. I have personalized plates too so it's $310. I've had them for 15 years and think I originally paid $120. Ugh.

abfoot7818

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Expedition Max FX4, 2014 C-Max PHEV
Country flag
I have a vinyl front plate (CA requires front plates) ordered thru Adhesive Replica in Canada.

It's moving from my Lightning to my new MME as soon as my temporary plates come off!

Replicates your rear plate complete with reflective background.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Best way to display license plate in 2023 1688405110845
I ordered from the same company. I get compliments and stares all the time. Easy installation process. 100% happy with it. I asked them to duplicate the tabs from the existing plate and I stick the new tags over the top when expired.

IMG_7054.jpeg

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
Say what you will about Hell, it has no law requiring front plates. Sure, Satan is the embodiment of evil, but even he wouldn't impose such a pointless requirement on his denizens.
Sponsored