Better times ahead (aka the end of the dumpster fire is nigh)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
While 2020 has been a horrible year for many, I'd like to "accentuate the positive" and look forward to a much better 2021 for all. I myself have been lucky as hell that this year has been nothing more than an inconvenience: I still have a steady paycheck, no one in my family has come down with COVID-19, and the prospect of the vaccine is providing some level of hope that the world will recover soon. Oh, and the Mach-E deliveries have begun!

I wish everyone a better year next year, and while it is easy to complain about what went wrong (I am a pessimist myself) I urge everyone to think about what blessings you do have. Hopefully next year at this time we will be driving (and loving) our Mach-E's as we celebrate what a great year 2021 turned out to be!
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
While 2020 has been a horrible year for many, I'd like to "accentuate the positive" and look forward to a much better 2021 for all. I myself have been lucky as hell that this year has been nothing more than an inconvenience: I still have a steady paycheck, no one in my family has come down with COVID-19, and the prospect of the vaccine is providing some level of hope that the world will recover soon. Oh, and the Mach-E deliveries have begun!

I wish everyone a better year next year, and while it is easy to complain about what went wrong (I am a pessimist myself) I urge everyone to think about what blessings you do have. Hopefully next year at this time we will be driving (and loving) our Mach-E's as we celebrate what a great year 2021 turned out to be!
? time to breathe and be hopeful for a better New Year.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yes, happy new year to all. May 2021 be far better than the dumpster fire that was 2020.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So I was going to wait until tomorrow before I shared this story so as not to be a Debbie Downer but since Newbie went there, here is is:
After waiting 2-3 months, the electrician came on Tuesday to install the new outlet in the garage. They did promise they would come by the end of the year after all. We told them on Monday that the tax credit was extended so no worries, but guess they wanted to keep their promise. So our electrical box was full and he needed to add another box and change things up. Yesterday when they were here finishing up, we heard a big pop in the kitchen. The main guy (who was very knowledgeable and diligent) said, “That didn’t sound good and ran downstairs.” He claimed everything was alright but after he left, I noticed my Bose radio was not working. It’s an older one made in the USA. ?I even had it on a surge protector like we do all our electronics.
So that was the end of my year— went out with a bang. I really am a little worried about burning down my house now, but will make sure to change the batteries in our smoke detectors which is recommended to do on January 1st anyway. ?. Since I try to be a half full type of person with an attitude of gratitude, I’ll just keep smiling — as well as hope and pray we all stay safe with no EV house fires. All in all, yes I have been truly blessed! Thanks timbob for the reminder.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
So I was going to wait until tomorrow before I shared this story so as not to be a Debbie Downer but since Newbie went there, here is is:
After waiting 2-3 months, the electrician came on Tuesday to install the new outlet in the garage. They did promise they would come by the end of the year after all. We told them on Monday that the tax credit was extended so no worries, but guess they wanted to keep their promise. So our electrical box was full and he needed to add another box and change things up. Yesterday when they were here finishing up, we heard a big pop in the kitchen. The main guy (who was very knowledgeable and diligent) said, “That didn’t sound good and ran downstairs.” He claimed everything was alright but after he left, I noticed my Bose radio was not working. It’s an older one made in the USA. ?I even had it on a surge protector like we do all our electronics.
So that was the end of my year— went out with a bang. I really am a little worried about burning down my house now, but will make sure to change the batteries in our smoke detectors which is recommended to do on January 1st anyway. ?. Since I try to be a half full type of person with an attitude of gratitude, I’ll just keep smiling — as well as hope and pray we all stay safe with no EV house fires. All in all, yes I have been truly blessed! Thanks timbob for the reminder.
Items can be replaced YOU can not. You are the important item. Happy news year

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Yikes, Sorry about the radio. I guess if you REALLY wanted to be sure, you could hire another Master Electrician to come and check the work of the previous one. Finally, thanks for the reminder. Due to your post, I'm going to replace the batteries in my smoke/CO detectors. Thanks!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Yea, starting out 21 (or ending 20) with a root canal. Yes, it could be worse, but hopefully not a bad omen for things to come. Best wishes to all!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yea, starting out 21 (or ending 20) with a root canal. Yes, it could be worse, but hopefully not a bad omen for things to come. Best wishes to all!
I have honestly never complained at all about a root canal. They all ended pain that was far worse!
Sponsored