Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
My dog ate the chief engineer's homework.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Operations Tech responsible for the Send Button is on vacation until Jan 1 2022.

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I understand everyone really wants it, and is upset that they haven’t gotten it yet, but let me ask you this.

Which would you rather, an unsafe OTA update that potentially bricks your car rendering it un-drivable, or, a smooth OTA update that functions exactly how it is supposed to?

There must be a reason the OTA for both 1.7.1 & BC haven’t gone out yet. I assume it’s that they have encountered issues they need to fix. These are not issues in the features of the update, but the update process itself. Everyone that has 1.7.1 or BC received it via their car being plugged in. Either at the plant or the dealership. Different process, probably even a different update.

Let them take their time and get it right.
We're simply having some fun and using humor to cope with the waiting ?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I understand everyone really wants it, and is upset that they haven’t gotten it yet, but let me ask you this.

Which would you rather, an unsafe OTA update that potentially bricks your car rendering it un-drivable, or, a smooth OTA update that functions exactly how it is supposed to?

There must be a reason the OTA for both 1.7.1 & BC haven’t gone out yet. I assume it’s that they have encountered issues they need to fix. These are not issues in the features of the update, but the update process itself. Everyone that has 1.7.1 or BC received it via their car being plugged in. Either at the plant or the dealership. Different process, probably even a different update.

Let them take their time and get it right.
To dig a little deeper into your platitudes of unaccountability…. How much time is an acceptable amount of time “to get it right?” Clearly more than the 9mos they’ve already had to produce a substantive OTA update. 12 months? 24 months?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I know, but some seem really angsty about it ?
Threads were merged by the @Administrator. There was a wrong answers thread as to why BlueCruise was late, just so people could have some fun instead of continually feeding the negative feedback loop. which is why the silly answers are in here.

Perhaps it should be split out again or restarted, but regardless, it’s all in good fun and beats complaining constantly about something that no one on this forum, including the Ford employees can control.

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Did SYNC update tonight?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Blue Cruise Availability Date 20210908_102931

It's looking a bit different than it did yesterday.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Threads were merged by the @Administrator. There was a wrong answers thread as to why BlueCruise was late, just so people could have some fun instead of continually feeding the negative feedback loop. which is why the silly answers are in here.

Perhaps it should be split out again or restarted, but regardless, it’s all in good fun and beats complaining constantly about something that no one on this forum, including the Ford employees can control.
Ahh, I see. Comment withdrawn :)

nhdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ram 1500
Country flag
I think there is some confusion ... your comparison with Tesla (and "other brands") isn't Apples to Apples.

I've been using the adaptive cruise/lane centering/lane keeping on my Mach-E since March. It handles all freeway curves which have unambiguous lane lines on both sides -- including sharp connector curves between two freeways.

What's being discussed here is *hands free* driving! From the videos I've watched, hands free disengages very conservatively, which is appropriate. Meaning one must drive with hands having at least light pressure on the steering wheel (as is required by Tesla, although there are drivers who use various maneuvers to defeat the steering wheel pressure system which is supposed to ensure that drivers are engaged).

Point is, the Mach-E negotiates road curves just fine, when in "Tesla-driving" mode, meaning when hands are engaged with steering wheel. In situations where one is driving in true hands free mode, the system is conservative and requires the driver to put hands back on the wheel.

- Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach
I agree. I find the car stays on track as long as the lines are clear. I use it all the time even on two lane roads but I'm also always aware of it's short comings so hands on the wheel and eyes on the road is the way to go. I've never tried this (nor would I), but I assume with adaptive cruise on, you could theoretically read a book while you drive down a well striped road as long as you had a hand on the wheel. The eye camera is not activated, right? I wonder if BlueCruise is $600 better? I wish there was a try before you buy option.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I did get an email that my GT was shipped this morning. So its starting to look like my GT order may end up getting me bluecruise before an OTA can get it to me on the FE.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag

And I’m the guilty party who requested that @Administrator merge all of the bluecruise threads, so people can whine about me if they’d like ?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
people can whine about me if they’d like ?
don't worry; we regularly do. (*)

(*) the door left open was too big to not go through #sorrynotsorry
Sponsored