Bluecruise module programming Campaign# 21G01 Without Subscription?

dholth

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I have an early '21 Premium AWD that has the Bluecruise module programming
Campaign#
21G01 due, but the dealership says the update software can't work unless I have a blue cruise subscription; only connected services shown as available in the app are navigation (not subscribed) and charging (signed up). Blue cruise disappears from the list when the page finishes loading.

Called Ford who bounced me between connected services and support department, they think the dealership should be able to do the update, dealership has had the same unsuccessful issue with other Mach-e's.

Am I missing out on anything good without the module update, assuming I don't need hands free?
Sponsored

OP
OP

dholth

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got a helpful response from Ford's texting service. Looks like the car doesn't have the hardware.

I did look into this for you and in order to be able to use Bluecruise with the Mustang Mach-E, the optional Co-Pilot 360 2.0 Active package would need to have been added to the vehicle prior to production. Your vehicle is equipped with the Co-Pilot 360 2.0 Assist package which still includes Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition but does not have the hardware necessary to support Bluecruise. Does this answer your question?​

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I think you still haven't received any good info... if I remember correctly, all the 21 premiums come standard with the hardware (unless I'm a misinformed as the employees, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I got a helpful response from Ford's texting service. Looks like the car doesn't have the hardware.

I did look into this for you and in order to be able to use Bluecruise with the Mustang Mach-E, the optional Co-Pilot 360 2.0 Active package would need to have been added to the vehicle prior to production. Your vehicle is equipped with the Co-Pilot 360 2.0 Assist package which still includes Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go, Lane Centering and Speed Sign Recognition but does not have the hardware necessary to support Bluecruise. Does this answer your question?​
Can you send me your VIN and I can check. If BlueCruise was never installed you won't have the tile in connected services.

OP
OP

dholth

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, the Ford customer service text replied again

I do see you have Co-Pilot 360 Active 2.0 Prep Package​
...​
...​
Ford Motor Company will be providing you with one (1) full year of complimentary** Ford BlueCruise once the hands-free driver assist feature is fully installed on your vehicle.​
If they can figure it out, cool! Not bad for a used car!

This car was sold to us with about 28k miles on it and does not have the update that allows the volume knob to control the heated seats etc.

Last edited:

Knuckles39

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Iā€™m having this exact issue right now with a 21 premium Awd job 1. Itā€™s been at the dealer for two weeks. BC doesnt show up in my connected services either. Dealer opened a case with ford and they told them to replace the eye sensor. I donā€™t think it will work but letting it play out. Following your thread to see if they figure it out

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Iā€™m having this exact issue right now with a 21 premium Awd job 1. Itā€™s been at the dealer for two weeks. BC doesnt show up in my connected services either. Dealer opened a case with ford and they told them to replace the eye sensor. I donā€™t think it will work but letting it play out. Following your thread to see if they figure it out
Was 21G01 ever installed on your car? If not then you won't have BlueCruise. Sometimes they didn't install it right so it didn't work. I think the eye sensor was only a problem on 2022 and 2023 vehicles. So if BlueCruise doesn't work on your Job 1 2021 Mach-E, it's most likely because the software was never installed fully/correctly.

Knuckles39

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Was 21G01 ever installed on your car? If not then you won't have BlueCruise. Sometimes they didn't install it right so it didn't work. I think the eye sensor was only a problem on 2022 and 2023 vehicles. So if BlueCruise doesn't work on your Job 1 2021 Mach-E, it's most likely because the software was never installed fully/correctly.
I donā€™t know. I donā€™t. Have fdrs

Jtodd64

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E
Country flag
I have an early '21 Premium AWD that has the Bluecruise module programming
Campaign#
21G01 due, but the dealership says the update software can't work unless I have a blue cruise subscription; only connected services shown as available in the app are navigation (not subscribed) and charging (signed up). Blue cruise disappears from the list when the page finishes loading.

Called Ford who bounced me between connected services and support department, they think the dealership should be able to do the update, dealership has had the same unsuccessful issue with other Mach-e's.

Am I missing out on anything good without the module update, assuming I don't need hands free?
We let the trial period for blue cruise expire, then decided to purchase a one year subscription. We have been charged and paid the annual fee but BC still doesnā€™t work. Customer service said necessary for Dealer to re-activate. Dealer says BC module's wonā€™t update and has to order a new module. Oh and theyā€™re on back order.

OP
OP

dholth

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After sharing the Ford exchange with the dealer, they agreed to perform the update on Monday.

When we bought the car Ford's Connected Services menu in the app had only Connected Navigation and BlueOval Charge Network. Then Tuesday evening Ford Premium Connectivity became available, then the Alexa Built-in trial, finally Ford BlueCruise until 2027.

Also looking forward to our new Charge cord stuck reprogram battery charge control module and Replace the Electronic Parking Brake Harness Connector šŸ˜€ Thanks, Ford, hope the mechanic didn't have to babysit the car for the entire time...
Sponsored