Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
May 2023 Update: After being on hold for the past 5 months for tech issues, 21G01 is finally available again! Better get it done before it goes on hold again!

If you still don't have BlueCruise in your Job 1 2021 Mach-E, time to rejoice! Ford brought back the program that allows you to get BlueCruise for free! It previously expired at the end of September 2022. The new expiration date is Dec 31, 2024, which should be PLENTY of time to get these updates completed. If you had to pay for 21G01 out of pocket recently, refunds are also available through your dealer. We should give a big thanks to those working behind the scenes at Ford to get this extended for customers that haven't updated yet. To get the ball rolling for the procrastinators, let me say this:

If your car still does not have working BlueCruise via OTA by now, you NEED to take it into the dealer for this program or you will NEVER have BlueCruise!

A lot of you seem to be waiting forever for BlueCruise via OTA, but some Mach-E's have stuck updates or locked modules that aren't ever going to update to BlueCruise successfully OTA. You might be getting other OTAs successfully, but certain BlueCruise modules may still be stuck. This is why it's important to recognize that your car has an issue and is never going to get BlueCruise on it's own without dealer intervention. If you don't have it by NOW it's not going to come, time to move on to plan B (dealer updates). Otherwise you will be waiting forever!

Check eligibility here: https://www.ford.com/support/recalls/

Ford also went through and updated all the technical information (instructions) to help eliminate a lot of confusing issues many dealers faced during the first rounds of 21G01 earlier this year. I've attached updated copies here, throw out the old copies. Make sure you emphasize this to your dealer as well, use the NEW versions of the bulletins ONLY and make sure the FDRS software is FULLY UPDATED. Adherence to the directions is CRITICAL for success. There have been past issues with technicians not doing all the updates or not following all the instructions precisely that result in an incomplete install, this is why a test drive is important to verify operation. Unless you live in a rural area with no Blue Zones, do not accept your car back until BlueCruise has been verified to work via test drive.

Blue Zone route map (areas where Hands-Free mode should work): https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise/

TSB 22-2404 - Revised TSB for Stuck USB Updates
TSB 22-2040 - Various Driver Assistance Feature Concerns And/Or IPMA DTCs

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueCruise Module Programming CSP (21G01) Resurrected! = Free BlueCruise For Job 1 2021 Mach-E 21G01 Bulletin 3

Attachments

Last edited:

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
If you still don't have BlueCruise in your Job 1 2021 Mach-E, time to rejoice! Ford brought back the program that allows you to get BlueCruise for free! It previously expired at the end of September 2022. The new expiration date is Dec 31, 2023, which should be PLENTY of time to get these updates completed. If you had to pay for 21G01 out of pocket recently, refunds are also available through your dealer. We should give a big thanks to those working behind the scenes at Ford to get this extended for customers that haven't updated yet. To get the ball rolling for the procrastinators, let me say this:

If your car still does not have working BlueCruise via OTA by January 9th 2023, you NEED to take it into the dealer for this program or you will NEVER have BlueCruise!

A lot of you seem to be waiting forever for BlueCruise via OTA, but some Mach-E's have stuck updates or locked modules that aren't ever going to update to BlueCruise successfully OTA. You might be getting other OTAs successfully, but certain BlueCruise modules may still be stuck. This is why it's important to recognize by sometime in mid-January your car has an issue and is never going to get BlueCruise on it's own without dealer intervention. If you don't have it by mid-January it's not going to come, time to move on to plan B (dealer updates). Otherwise you will be waiting forever!

There has been a recent OTA push in the past month that has gotten some more vehicles updated to functional BlueCruise, I say give that round another month to finish, and then it's time to see your dealer if you still don't have it.

Check eligibility here next month: https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Ford also went through and updated all the technical information (instructions) to help eliminate a lot of confusing issues many dealers faced during the first rounds of 21G01 earlier this year. I've attached updated copies here, throw out the old copies. Make sure you emphasize this to your dealer as well, use the NEW versions of the bulletins ONLY and make sure the FDRS software is FULLY UPDATED. Adherence to the directions is CRITICAL for success. There have been past issues with technicians not doing all the updates or not following all the instructions precisely that result in an incomplete install, this is why a test drive is important to verify operation. Unless you live in a rural area with no Blue Zones, do not accept your car back until BlueCruise has been verified to work via test drive.

Blue Zone route map (areas where Hands-Free mode should work): https://www.ford.com/technology/bluecruise/

TSB 22-2404 - Revised TSB for Stuck USB Updates
TSB 22-2295 - Various Driver Assistance Feature Concerns And/Or IPMA DTCs

View attachment 87131
Outstanding news! Anyone without BC should be booking an appointment with their dealers ASAP! Stop with excuses such as “I’m waiting for it to come via OTA”, or “I’m too busy to go to the dealer.” This is your final chance. Take it!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
So, originally when we got this, it was supposed to be free until spring of 2023 (I think). Is the free period also extending for those vehicles which have bluecruise already?

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach-E GT-PE, '22 F-150 Lightning
Country flag
So, originally when we got this, it was supposed to be free until spring of 2023 (I think). Is the free period also extending for those vehicles which have bluecruise already?
Not sure I follow...if you have BC already why would you need to got to the dealer to get....BC...again, some more?

You get a year of trial activation from the time it becomes active, whenever that is.

This extension is for all those who believed the OTA fairy would finally deliver BC to them without ever having to set foot in a service department. Due to factors involving corrupted OTAs and software issues many of these hopefuls were completely unaware that they were likely never going to get BC without technical hands-on intervention by a dealer tech....and still they just decided to keep hope alive instead of going to the shop to get sorted.

Now they have been given a reprieve on the "drop dead we're not going to do it for free anymore" activation of BC.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Is there a reason Ford hasn't sent out letters to those who aren't able to get it OTA? They seem to know who these people are, I think they should do this as well. It's great that it's been extended.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Is there a reason Ford hasn't sent out letters to those who aren't able to get it OTA? They seem to know who these people are, I think they should do this as well. It's great that it's been extended.
Yes, that's the plan. Letters go out on Jan 9th to vehicles without BlueCruise.

GW Shark

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium ER AWD Star White, 2014 Prius V
Occupation
Scuba Instructor
Country flag
Premium EX Job 1 MME here - just got BC two weeks ago as the OTA updates started flowing. My Ford account dates the beginning of the one year free trial as two weeks ago. This recent experience indicates we get the full year trial.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
You get a year of trial activation from the time it becomes active, whenever that is.

This extension is for all those who believed the OTA fairy would finally deliver BC to them without ever having to set foot in a service department.
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. I've got BC, but my "trial" is partway through already. Thanks.

Probably not going to pay $600 to renew it.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
This is great news, maybe it’s time I go to a different dealer for updates 😉 though 🤷‍♂️ looking forward to the flood of updates once I get this since I’ve been stuck since June.

OP
OP
Mach-Lee

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
IMPORTANT - There is a HOLD issued today on performing BlueCruise (21G01) updates affecting the Mach-E. Do not install until further notice.

EDIT: 21G01 is available again as of May 2023.

Last edited: