Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
PM
Country flag
Hi
I've had my Mach-E GT for 3 weeks now. I love the Blue Cruise (although I wish it could change lanes). That being said, today it just won't kick in. I have to keep my hands on the steering wheel. It shows ready symbol the BC just won't start. I tried power cycling the vehicle , turn on/off BC, nopes nothing. It was working perfectly fine yesterday.
Any ideas?

Also, I did notice one bug in my BC that every 5-10 mins, it would randomly drop the cruise speed to 67mph. Why 67, I've no clue, but it keeps happening repeatedly. Get's annoying on longer drives.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi
I've had my Mach-E GT for 3 weeks now. I love the Blue Cruise (although I wish it could change lanes). That being said, today it just won't kick in. I have to keep my hands on the steering wheel. It shows ready symbol the BC just won't start. I tried power cycling the vehicle , turn on/off BC, nopes nothing. It was working perfectly fine yesterday.
Any ideas?

Also, I did notice one bug in my BC that every 5-10 mins, it would randomly drop the cruise speed to 67mph. Why 67, I've no clue, but it keeps happening repeatedly. Get's annoying on longer drives.
Good morning! I would be happy to look into your Mach E's Blue Cruise on my end. Can you send us your VIN and Ford dealer info through private message?

ShaggySS

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Country flag
Hi
Any ideas?

Do you have Ford Speed Sign Recognition turned on. That will see a sign and set your speed. I quickly turned that off because of the same reason. I think its under Drivers Assistance

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Hi
Any ideas?

Might be normal operation (except for the speed dropping thing....that is likely due to having Speed Sign Recognition enabled in the settings...). The other stuff sounds about normal to me. I've had my BlueCruise Hands-Free for about 2 weeks now. Sometimes it comes on in hands free and sometimes it just gets to the hands on stage. Same roads so that isn't the issue. In addition, hands free drops constantly while driving the freeways here in town. From time to time it maintains hands free for much longer periods (like 8-10miles) but that is pretty rare.

The exception is on wide open interstates in between major metropolitan areas. I have had hands free remain enabled for 20-30 miles at a time which is kinda cool. In town, it just drops all the time. I am constantly getting all sorts of messages that I hardly ever saw before. There is one that shows the lane markings in red with some sort of alert, it doesn't stay there long enough or me to get a photo but I see it pretty often now. Then I get the Hands on Wheel message often along with the orange "Cancelled" message.

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
I've had BlueCruise for about 10 months now, and it worked pretty well for most of that time. It seems to have gotten a lot more unreliable lately, and I've been having a lot of the same issues described above in this thread.

I have not had any software updates, other than the required update with the maps, but I am getting a lot more frequent "Canceled" and red "Alert" and "Hands on Wheel" messages these days. I also get the blue "Ready" message, but that usually goes away and BlueCruise engages successfully if I turn it off and on again.

BlueCruise was never great, but seems really bad now. I don't know why or how it changed. I don't care much, either - I prefer to drive myself, for safety, among other reasons. It was kind of fun to try it out when BlueCruise mostly worked, but it doesn't anymore - at least not for me.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I've had BlueCruise for about 10 months now, and it worked pretty well for most of that time. It seems to have gotten a lot more unreliable lately, and I've been having a lot of the same issues described above in this thread.

I have not had any software updates, other than the required update with the maps, but I am getting a lot more frequent "Canceled" and red "Alert" and "Hands on Wheel" messages these days. I also get the blue "Ready" message, but that usually goes away and BlueCruise engages successfully if I turn it off and on again.

BlueCruise was never great, but seems really bad now. I don't know why or how it changed. I don't care much, either - I prefer to drive myself, for safety, among other reasons. It was kind of fun to try it out when BlueCruise mostly worked, but it doesn't anymore - at least not for me.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. Iā€™d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this Blue Cruise concern. Thanks!

GadgetTech

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach E Primium Shadow Black
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hi
Any ideas?

As odd as it sounds, if your not using the built in nav, fire it up and make sure its reporting your position correctly. We have run into this issue a few times where BC wont enagage only to find it still thinks its where it was last parked. Soft reset and it fixed the GPS glitch and it worked again. Just something to try.

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Not sure if it's blue cruise or just something with the car, it started to complain that I wasn't following the directions (while blue cruise was enabled and working for lane centering). But on the navigation screen my location was drifting north off the of the highway and it kept trying to have me return to the highway. I killed the navigation as it was useless and when I got home and stopped the car, the next time everything was back to normal.

jgcom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X premium, '21
Occupation
Physics prof.
Country flag
I have found that a quick windshield wash, which cleans both front-facing cameras, will often coax BC to turn on when it hesitates. I speculate that some of the time dirty cameras can prevent lane-centering quality.

Another possibly related issue: shiny roadway surfaces and sunshine that glares off them can prevent the system from detecting the lane edges. In south Louisiana we have some worn-shiny concrete roads with no blacktop, making the contrast detection harder under these conditions.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
My car won't engage handsfree today. Only keeps in hands-on mode, on same road that has handsfree enabled. It was fine yesterday... Didn't touch anything after yesterday.

I'll do a reboot on the way back if it still doesn't work.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
FWIW, a few of us have been discussing the topic of "hands-free Bluecruise suddenly stops engaging" in another thread. For us, this is not about a dirty windshield or sun glare or anything else that might be temporary or subjective in nature. This is entire 100+ mile drives on known Bluecruise-supported divided highways where hands-free won't engage even once, and it's "hands-on" the entire way. We know that the eye-nanny is working because even hands-on BC will complain if you look at the cluster for too long. The infotainment reboot does not fix this condition, and the only thing that seems to fix it is time (often it begins working again the next day).

So there's a bug here, and we don't know how to troubleshoot it. My theory is that there's a required connection to a server (maybe to check licensing or whatever) that is unreliable and poorly handled when it fails. Other speculation includes a module erroring on startup. I don't feel very confident that a dealer will help much with this, just based on what I've read from other people's experiences.

Edit: As a data point, my hands-free Bluecruise has gone into this "won't engage" condition twice in about 7 weeks of ownership on my 22 Premium AWD ER.

Last edited:

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Had mine for a week and between Colorado Springs and Denver Iā€™ve never had hands free mode activate yet. šŸ˜¢

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Had mine for a week and between Colorado Springs and Denver Iā€™ve never had hands free mode activate yet. šŸ˜¢
I have been using BC for 10 months and I didn't know I had to press the lane keeping button to turn on BC (just need to do this once unless you press again to disable)

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
I have been using BC for 10 months and I didn't know I had to press the lane keeping button to turn on BC (just need to do this once unless you press again to disable)
Got it yeah Iā€™ve got lane keep and adaptive cruise on. It works fine with hands on the wheel. I just never get the hands free to come on.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got it yeah Iā€™ve got lane keep and adaptive cruise on. It works fine with hands on the wheel. I just never get the hands free to come on.
There's no separate settings for handsfree. It should come on automatically on roads Ford decided it can be enabled.
It looks they introduced some bug.
I never had this issue with my 21 MME. But 3 days with the new 22 I got the issue.
Sponsored