Bluecruise subscription really expiring before 1.3 really delivered??

Skip Towne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4x Premium
Country flag
In July I saw the official announcement that Bluecruise 1.3 is coming "soon". We all understand what "soon" means in Ford-speak.

Now I'm receiving messages saying my Bluecruise subscription expires this month, but there is a "special offer" for 2021 Job 1 owners like me. "Only" $600 for 3 more years of Bluecruise.

Do we really think they'll expire the service before delivering 1.3?

Do we really think $17/mo for 3 years is the final offer? Sirrius is way less than that if you wait, and you can use Sirrius everyone for every mile.

This feels increasingly like Ford is making another cash-grab on their early adoptors.
Sponsored

blheron

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I agree that it BS to have us decide on a $600 bill when you really haven't had a chance to feel the latest versions. I would like to test drive the updated version before I decide to spring that amount. PS: I also like to do month installments option.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I don't think you will receive a "better offer". Ford is not TESLA and their customer base will not appreciate a severe discount the day after purchasing at regular amount.

I went ahead and took them up on the 3 years for $600. The non-Job 1 Cars are going to have to pay $800/year. As, I have said before, at that level, I'm out.

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I agree, everyone has to decide what BlueCruise is worth to them personally, but $800/year is WAY more than it is worth to me, but $600/3years is a tougher choice for me. If I had more faith in all of the software it may be more worth it to me, but I would have to be paying in hopes that they get better with software.

As of now whenever someone asks about my car, my one sentence review is that it is a great car with C minus software. The timeliness of some of these software improvements is high on the list of my problems. It doesn't make me want to invest more money right now.

2FlyMache

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Ex4 MachE
Country flag
Yeah, I jumped on the $600 offer even though haven’t gotten new version yet. My 1.0 seems to work fine right now and lane change and little longer engagement on curves I can wait for. Expect it’s not too far off

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
In July I saw the official announcement that Bluecruise 1.3 is coming "soon". We all understand what "soon" means in Ford-speak.
The good news is the updates have been coming out. The bad news is I don't think you'll get it until January.

Now I'm receiving messages saying my Bluecruise subscription expires this month, but there is a "special offer" for 2021 Job 1 owners like me. "Only" $600 for 3 more years of Bluecruise.

Do we really think they'll expire the service before delivering 1.3?
Fingers crossed Ford will issue an extension until we all get the new BC. They have extended service for us 2021 owners before and I doubt they will let the service expire without letting us try the new BC.

Note that just because Ford says your BlueCruise expires 12/31, they don't say the offer expires then.

Do we really think $17/mo for 3 years is the final offer? Sirrius is way less than that if you wait, and you can use Sirrius everyone for every mile.

This feels increasingly like Ford is making another cash-grab on their early adoptors.
No, I doubt the price will go below $600/3years. Compared to the rate everyone else is getting quoted, it's a great price.

I've renewed but I had a chance to try out BC 1.3. You can watch videos of real users trying it out here:

Thesmoothdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Metallic Premium eRWD
Country flag
I don't think you will receive a "better offer". Ford is not TESLA and their customer base will not appreciate a severe discount the day after purchasing at regular amount.

I went ahead and took them up on the 3 years for $600. The non-Job 1 Cars are going to have to pay $800/year. As, I have said before, at that level, I'm out.
I keep seeing "non-job 1" car are the only ones getting the $600 offer. I assume I have a 2021 Job 2 since it was delivered with BC. As I have the same offer, I'm guessing that all 2021s are getting the deal. That said, asking me to pay for the possibility of a fully functioning BC while continuing to be a beta tester for Ford seems like a big no for me. Given a chance to believe in and learn to trust a stable product, I'd jump on the offer even if I wouldn't use it regularly. Maybe with a lot of positive reviews, I'll get a monthly subscription when we take longer road trips.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I keep seeing "non-job 1" car are the only ones getting the $600 offer. I assume I have a 2021 Job 2 since it was delivered with BC. As I have the same offer, I'm guessing that all 2021s are getting the deal. That said, asking me to pay for the possibility of a fully functioning BC while continuing to be a beta tester for Ford seems like a big no for me. Given a chance to believe in and learn to trust a stable product, I'd jump on the offer even if I wouldn't use it regularly. Maybe with a lot of positive reviews, I'll get a monthly subscription when we take longer road trips.
You have it backwards. The offer is for Job 1 cars that came without BlueCruise. Job 2 2021s came with BC 1.0 from the factory.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
I’m in same boat. I was going to let my BC lapse if stuck at 1.0. I was inclined to renew at the $600 for BC1.3 and beyond. So now I have to decide whether to renew on faith that I’ll actually get the upgrade.

I think @ChasingCoral is probably right that the updates will resume in January, but Ford continues to reward my “optimism” with crap sandwiches. Clearly there was a problem(s) with the first round of OTA 7.0.0. A problem serious enough that it warranted slamming the brakes on again. Is it a problem that can be fixed? Or did Ford latently discover that 1.3+ can’t work with 2021s?

Would be cool to get an update from @Ford Motor Company, but I suspect they’re running a skeleton crew this week.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
No way I'm paying $800/year. If more people decline Ford's "generous offer," I'm sure they'll come back with something more reasonable.

Personally, I prefer that they let me keep the BC that I already paid for after 3 years. I don't don't care about updates.

FullyCharged

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 MME Premium AWD ER (ordered)
Occupation
Supply Chain
Country flag
Did anyone else notice the bounce of the camera throughout both videos? I love the car and it brings me joy each time I get behind the wheel. Besides the speakers/audio, the ride quality is the only spot where I feel like I went backwards versus my older Honda Accord. I just remind myself it is a Mustang, so a little bit of the galloping feel of riding a horse should be considered part of the whole experience.

With regard to the thread, similar to others I would probably pay the $200/year but zero chance of paying the $800/year. I don’t do enough road trips to justify, and around town I prefer a more assertive driving approach versus the cruising that BC enables. What would it take? I’d probably bite if BC had a reliable “summon” for those rainy parking lot situations, plus even more so had a video sentry system (I realize existing camera implementation is not suitable). Those features plus 1.3 BC might be enough for me.

Wishlist items for the next-gen Mach-e I guess.

Thesmoothdome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White Metallic Premium eRWD
Country flag
You have it backwards. The offer is for Job 1 cars that came without BlueCruise. Job 2 2021s came with BC 1.0 from the factory.
My car, built June of 2021 and purchased July 2021 came with BC 1.0, Hence, Job 2. I received the same $600 offer as Job 1 cars. I doubt I'm the only one.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
Wonder if the lack of a month to month option is a way to increase ownership periods (or let people transfer their existing subscription to a new MachE). Lord knows the MachE can take all the help it can get in terms of resale and residuals.

Scorpy2643

First Name
Scorpy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD, 2018 F350 Platinum
Country flag
Having to "subscribe" to a feature that your car comes with and you paid for as a part of that vehicle purchase is an exploitative cash grab, full stop.
I too hate subscriptions as part of a vehicle. However, Ford was clear from the beginning that this feature would be by subscription only. Your post implies bait-and-switch. If that is your intent, it’s just not the case.

As. Job1 owner, I took the $600 deal, because it’s the one I expected when I purchased the car.
Sponsored