billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
The last I heard, BlueCruise is going to become an expensive monthly subscription in 30 days or so. Has anyone received any communication about exactly when this will happen or even where you would enter payment information?
Sponsored

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
It would be under ford.com under your vehicle profile, then connected services... but there's nothing listed there right now

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
The last I heard, BlueCruise is going to become an expensive monthly subscription in 30 days or so. Has anyone received any communication about exactly when this will happen or even where you would enter payment information?
What year is your car? If you have a 2021 Job 1, you'll be able to subscribe at the old pricing. If you have something newer that's not a 2023.5, you should have more than 30 days left on your subscription.

OP
OP
billy_at

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
you have a 2021 Job 1, you'll be able to subscribe at the old pricing
Wait, really?!?

I do in fact have a 2021 Job 1, so that’s great news. Where did you see that, if you don’t mind?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Wait, really?!?

I do in fact have a 2021 Job 1, so that’s great news. Where did you see that, if you don’t mind?
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...l-be-option-for-2023-mach-e.27863/post-642370

BlueCruise renewal for model year 2021 vehicles purchased with the optional BlueCruise Prep Package* is available at a discounted rate of $200 a year for three years or $75 a month at the end of the customer’s initial subscription period. Following this discounted subscription cycle, customers will renew at the standard price.

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Myself and I think a lot of others with the original BC 1.0 functionality were waiting until the upgrade to 1.3 was rolled out to decide whether or not to subscribe.

If 1.3 comes to my vehicle and I like the improved lane centering and change lanes capability, I'll probably go in for 3-yrs at $600. Its also possible that 1.3 takes longer than Dec 31 to rollout and they bump the free trial a bit longer.

Does anyone know if a 3-yr BC subscription is attached to the car, or just the FordPass account of the person who purchased it? (I may sell before another 3 years has elapsed)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Myself and I think a lot of others with the original BC 1.0 functionality were waiting until the upgrade to 1.3 was rolled out to decide whether or not to subscribe.

If 1.3 comes to my vehicle and I like the improved lane centering and change lanes capability, I'll probably go in for 3-yrs at $600. Its also possible that 1.3 takes longer than Dec 31 to rollout and they bump the free trial a bit longer.

Does anyone know if a 3-yr BC subscription is attached to the car, or just the FordPass account of the person who purchased it? (I may sell before another 3 years has elapsed)
Subscriptions are attached to the vehicle.

annaprins

First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I heard of someone getting an email saying their trial was expiring soon, but I have not.. I was also hoping to try out 1.3 before making my decision. It seems weird that the app says it's expiring Dec 31 but no option to renew/cost/etc. The average person doesn't follow Ford news so might not know pricing info. This makes me think they're planning on pushing the date back again, but I have no other evidence to support that. I would be pretty annoyed if I had to pull $600 out of my ass right after Christmas to renew without getting to try 1.3 first, and Ford probably knows that. But I'd never accuse them of being in touch with their user base...

HoosierMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My subscription expires tomorrow. My renewal options are $800/year or $75/month. I understand the business model, but is Ford really going to get many users to pay this? I would think Ford would want as many active users as possible to keep improving the technology, but maybe that's not necessary.

I do wonder if I called and asked for a discount, I could get the price down. What's the worst that could happen...

ChehRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD Ext. Range
Occupation
ret
Country flag
For that $800 a year I suspect Ford will get more buyers if the bundle updated maps (does include this I think), a little music, maybe emergency satellite ability.

Tekka

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium Extended Range AWD
Country flag
I heard of someone getting an email saying their trial was expiring soon, but I have not.. I was also hoping to try out 1.3 before making my decision. It seems weird that the app says it's expiring Dec 31 but no option to renew/cost/etc. The average person doesn't follow Ford news so might not know pricing info. This makes me think they're planning on pushing the date back again, but I have no other evidence to support that. I would be pretty annoyed if I had to pull $600 out of my ass right after Christmas to renew without getting to try 1.3 first, and Ford probably knows that. But I'd never accuse them of being in touch with their user base...
I have 1.3 and think it is pretty great. I also just got an email informing me that my subscription will end in 30 days. Ford Pass app shows cost for me to keep Blue Cruise is $800/year or $75/month. As good as Blue Cruise is, it’s not worth those prices.

blkadr08

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium XR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just received an email from Ford notifying me that my basic Blue Cruise subscription expires at the end of the year. Haven’t even gotten 1.2 yet. Although Ford has slow walked any updates to my Blue Cruise feature, they are fully up to date on dunning me for money.

To be clear, if my MME does not have the latest version of BC, I will not buy another MME.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
We just got an e-mail saying our BC subscription will end on 12/23/2023 which is odd. If our initial subscription was for 3 years we should have BC until February 2024, which is our 3 year anniversary. But it should be even longer than that as our BC was not active until mid-2022... I no longer remember when it was fully active.

We are not going to renew until 1.3 is out. We just got 6.2.1 so maybe 1.3 will arrive soon...

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It would be under ford.com under your vehicle profile, then connected services... but there's nothing listed there right now
Mine has a button for "Renew" on that page.

azerik

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
I really don’t think the 21’s will get 1.3. Heck, not sure if any of them ever got 1.2
Sponsored