Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just got it too. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll include my discount plan in the extended period! That one is due to expire in about a month.
Discount plan?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Discount plan?
The short-lived $50 for 12 months of BOCN Plus that gave us the Pass+ discount when using P&C or starting a charging session with the FordPass app (when set to the Mach E). A select set of us in the Early Access Program were given a chance to test this for free. Ours is is set to expire later this month.

Thunderanger

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select, 2019 Ram 1500
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The short-lived $50 for 12 months of BOCN Plus that gave us the Pass+ discount when using P&C or starting a charging session with the FordPass app (when set to the Mach E). A select set of us in the Early Access Program were given a chance to test this for free. Ours is is set to expire later this month.
Aha. Thank you.

theriddler

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜23 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Seems like they through this email at every MME owner. I just purchased my '23 in Feb and I also got the email.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Honestly, I had forgotten that the basic BOCN membership was a complimentary trial. I donā€™t DCFC much even though I used up my free allotment (used up on one trip up the coast and back down). I didnā€™t sign up for EA Pass+ for that trip since I figured I would need less than one 20-80% charge after using up my free allotment. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ©

itsthenewdc

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Line Producer
Country flag
I'm on the BlueOval EA charging plan currently, and when I went to the BlueOval page, it said I could activate the 3 year trial. Now my bar looks like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueOval Charge Network Trial Extended Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 7.45.28 PM

When I click on "Upgrade" it just does an error, maybe because I just activated or because it's wonky. But my description does mention about upgrading to get the 25% off discount. It also makes it seem like EV route planning is only available if you upgrade to the EA plan, based on the wording.

MachJack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
3024 Claremont Rd Shaker Heights OH 44122
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD extended battery
Occupation
Business
Country flag
What does the first paragraph mean? What do they mean by complimentary access? By my reading it implies that normally we would be charged for the privilege of using Ford's changing network. What am I missing here?

Thanks!
That is my understanding. The information I received from the dealer was written similarly and I interpreted it to mean free charging for 2 years. I mean, that is the definition of "complimentary." So after I was billed for my first charge I called and Ford told me that is incorrect. You still pay for charging, it's just that you can use the blue oval app to find chargers. Then they'll charge us a monthly fee, probably, which I wouldn't expect anyone to pay since the other network apps like Chargepoint have FAR more chargers and include all the blue oval chargers, at least in my experience. And those systems don't charge to use the app.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
But does it????

Some of us who have the EA BlueOval Membership have a different date for the balance. So, we have 2 expiration dates. Since I've used all of mine I have no idea if it actually got extended or not.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueOval Charge Network Trial Extended Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 7.45.28 PM
I guess I have everything in perpetuity then? In other words, mine doesn't expire until Ford delivers Frunk release.

Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueOval Charge Network Trial Extended 1685988378068

CarsIMBwife

First Name
Rosie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
Occupation
Retired Data Analyst
Country flag
Mine just expired? Got a message that it expired, but connected services says itā€™s good for another year? Whatā€™s with that? And what is Ford Guide?
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueOval Charge Network Trial Extended IMG_2326
Ford Mustang Mach-E BlueOval Charge Network Trial Extended IMG_2327

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME CR1 AWD
Country flag
So if mine is still showing expiration of --/--/---- at ford.com with no kWh balance listed do I have unlimited EA charging forever? šŸ¤£ I just DCFCed for the first time in a year, but there's apparently no way to figure out how much of the original 250 (?) kWh is left. If I try to check Connected Services on the Android app it errors immediately. Good job Ford IT.
Sponsored