Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 21, VW Atlas, Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
Country flag
Hi everyone, I have a Samsung S21 which I use as PAAK and to play audio or phone. I realized that it drops every few minutes from Bluetooth. First I thought it might be the phone, as when I use my work Iphone it never drops. But, then I used my wife's S21 which had no FordPass installed, and realized her phone would never drop. Only once I added PAAK to her phone it would react the exact same way as my samsung. So tomorrow I will turn off the PAAK on my phone and just try it out, if I can do a 30 minute drive and listen to Music or talk on the phone without bluetooth interruption.
I did several resets on the phone(s) Sync, Fordpass app and more to figure out what it could be, by now I am pretty much convinced I know what the issue is.
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Try setting your phone on the other side of the console. Not the charge pad.
For whatever reason, if I an using the wireless pad to charge my phone then the connection to SYNC drops when I hit a small bump. Super annoying. I move my phone somewhere else and it is fine.

Galaxy S7

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My S20FE still only connects to Android Auto via blutooth about half the time, even with PAAK turned off. I just gave up and started connecting by USB cable instead. I'll try it via Bluetooth again after the first OTA.

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
for me it is not android auto, it is just the bluetooths which disconnects, if fordpass is installed. if I delete fordpass and just use bluetooth (without android auto) it works great
Android Auto and Fordpass work great as well. I just have apps for international calling they do not support android auto, so I am using them a lot to call Europe when driving and then Bluetooth keeps interrupting

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium on Order
Country flag
I have the same issue. It took me 2 weeks to get PAAK working and during that time my bluetooth seemed to work and work well. When i finally got the PAAK working bluetooth and Android auto seemed to go to hell. I cant have a call without it dropping numerous times a call. Music (spotify) hangs. I have want to remove paak but am worried of loosing my single fob so until i get a second i am stuck.

Anyone have any tips or tricks yet? I am running a s20 phone.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have the same issue. It took me 2 weeks to get PAAK working and during that time my bluetooth seemed to work and work well. When i finally got the PAAK working bluetooth and Android auto seemed to go to hell. I cant have a call without it dropping numerous times a call. Music (spotify) hangs. I have want to remove paak but am worried of loosing my single fob so until i get a second i am stuck.

Anyone have any tips or tricks yet? I am running a s20 phone.
I just plug in via USB cable all the time. Works much more dependably until they get these bugs fixed (I have an S20 FE as well). Later in the year I'll see how bluetooth is working. Just make sure it's a USB cable rated for data, not just charging. A lot of charger cables won't work for Android Auto.

Also good to set up a backup door code# and a start code#, just in case. Adds some peace of mind.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I solved my dropped call issue by turning off FordPass.
I tried all sorts of other solutions but for whatever reason, running FordPass creates two problems for me. Dropped bluetooth connection and draining my phone battery. I've experienced this on two different cell phones. Galaxy S7 and now my Galaxy S10. Same issue with both phones. Same solution.

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I solved my dropped call issue by turning off FordPass.
I tried all sorts of other solutions but for whatever reason, running FordPass creates two problems for me. Dropped bluetooth connection and draining my phone battery. I've experienced this on two different cell phones. Galaxy S7 and now my Galaxy S10. Same issue with both phones. Same solution.
May I ask how exactly you turned it off?

I do not really want to uninstall it, I still like to check on notifications or when charging?
Or occasionally use the paak.

I suspected the same thing, but was not 100% certain, as a few times when I thought I know what's the cause, issues started again...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
May I ask how exactly you turned it off?

I do not really want to uninstall it, I still like to check on notifications or when charging?

I suspected the same thing, but was not 100% certain, as a few times when I thought I know what's the cause, issues started again...
In FordPass....navigate to the little icon on the far right. I don't have it open now so I can't look but it says something like Account or Settings etc. When in that section, scroll down and you can Log Out.

If that doesn't work (it hangs for me sometimes) then you can open Settings on your phone, browse to Apps, find FordPass and Force Close it. I would like a shortcut to Force Close FordPass on my home screen but I can't find a way to do that yet. :)

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag

Agreed. I didn't un-install FordPass because I still might need it from time to time. It is super frustrating to use because every time I click something.....then I have to wait for the spinning circle to load about 2 or 3 times. Then I see a new menu. Select something....then wait for 2 or 3 more wheels. Etc, etc, etc. I suffer through it though and do whatever I need to do and then shut it down again.

Every once in a while, I check FordPass online from my laptop in hopes that someday it will have the same controls as the mobile app. That would be great for my needs. I prefer to manage my EV from a website as primary method. Then in the car as secondary and then via mobile app as last resort.

OP
OP
Benjamin Kegele

Benjamin Kegele

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just tried to disable fordpass and I still had the same Bluetooth issues. Including cord. Excluding cord. Android auto active or not. Made no difference.

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I tried the cable as well and it may be slightly better but still drops and reconnects.... Uggg.

hroj-mustang

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just noticed when the phone was plugged in it still establishes a wireless wifi connection. I turned off wireless app projection. Now its only talking over the cable. Will try some calls soon and advise if that does the trick.
Sponsored